Player
    Character
    Kailea Nagisa
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SchalaZeal View Post
    How about multi-boxing for crafting? Macro your craft and press on #1, press on #2, press on #3, press on #4...make 4x the profit in 1x the time...

Legal, perhaps. Cheating, definitely.

For dungeons, well there's tomes. She gets 300 philosophy tomes per run, you and I get 100 tomes. How is that fair?
    no...... it is pretty much the same as if someone had 3-4 characters, except they are paying a lot more and playing them at the same time. That is not cheating, in fact they are working just as hard, if not harder to earn all that for all 4 characters being multiboxed.

Multiboxing is not cheating, and it is not against the ToS, although I do find it a bit much and dont care to do it myself. I know a friend at work who has 16 EQII accounts, and multiboxes some of them all the time.

my god are people getting this picking and whinny that they have to call people who play more then one account at the same time cheaters? Really!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Rishtar Salomon
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Nah, its not. If you can manage to not sleep and not eat and stay alive. Go for broke.

It's when you play 4 accounts for 6 hours each and accomplish the work of 24 hours, while me who plays 6 hours can't do that. Unless I also cheat.

I'd say if its you playing them all at the same time, yes. If it's other household members, no. Get 25 accounts and play them separately for all I care. Not at once.
    Good thing you're not in charge of an MMO then, right?

Multiboxing is part of every MMO ever to come out. As long as you're not using 3rd party software to control characters, or bypass restrictions you're fine. You might need multiple computers to multibox, if the client only allows one instance to run at a time.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Schala Zeal
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    no...... it is pretty much the same as if someone had 3-4 characters, except they are paying a lot more and playing them at the same time
    So them paying a lot more gives them the right to produce much more / time. Play a lot more. Buy your coil runs using gil. But multiple box is mostly used by people who bot and/or farm to sell to gold sellers. A very small portion is used by people who designed functional simultaneous control using one keyboard (and not 4 and using /follow) and solely for bragging rights. Yet the bots and hackers also copy that technique.

In Dungeon Fighter, I would see 4 guys of the same class and subclass, with very similar names. All enter a dungeon at the same time. I hear they can clear dungeons without even using items (stuff dies by hacks). Then they sell the profit from those runs to gold sellers, and gold sellers sell it to the players. Then the economy has incredibly high prices, pushing regular players to also buy gold. And the circle goes round and round.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rishtar Salomon
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    So them paying a lot more gives them the right to produce much more / time. Play a lot more. Buy your coil runs using gil. But multiple box is mostly used by people who bot and/or farm to sell to gold sellers. A very small portion is used by people who designed functional simultaneous control using one keyboard (and not 4 and using /follow) and solely for bragging rights. Yet the bots and hackers also copy that technique.

In Dungeon Fighter, I would see 4 guys of the same class and subclass, with very similar names. All enter a dungeon at the same time. I hear they can clear dungeons without even using items (stuff dies by hacks). Then they sell the profit from those runs to gold sellers, and gold sellers sell it to the players. Then the economy has incredibly high prices, pushing regular players to also buy gold. And the circle goes round and round.
    Correlation does not imply causation. Look it up.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Squishy Pants
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Nah, its not. If you can manage to not sleep and not eat and stay alive. Go for broke.

It's when you play 4 accounts for 6 hours each and accomplish the work of 24 hours, while me who plays 6 hours can't do that. Unless I also cheat.

I'd say if its you playing them all at the same time, yes. If it's other household members, no. Get 25 accounts and play them separately for all I care. Not at once.
    You need to get over this 'cheating' thing its not.

Now lets look at better vs. worse players, is a player who is better and can do something faster than you cheating as well? I mean if it takes you 40 minutes to do something that I can do in 20 that's an advantage over you as well is it not? If this is a dungeon I can get 2x the loot you can, if its sellable I can make 2x the money you can so therefore I have to be doing something 'wrong' right? How long does it take to make a stack of thread? Why not cut it in 1/2 or even more if you can?

In your example above with 4x crafting you seem to forget it costs 4x the amount to do this. Maintaining 4 characters simultaneously is a lot more work than a single character (Crafting Gear x4 isn't cheaper than x1). Just because you multibox does not mean free stuff falls from the sky.

There are lots of reasons to multibox from saving time to increased challenge. When the entire game is scripted some players find a lack of challenge just tanking, healing or dpsing. Now Tanking and Healing at the same time takes some extra work, some extra paying attention and adds a challenge where one is missing but somehow this is probably 'cheating' to you as well.

Being able to heal myself is not a crime. Being able to take a stack of ore split it across 4 characters and collapse it faster is not 'cheating', if you prefer to do it the long way there is nothing wrong with that.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Dark Drakon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    For dungeons, well there's tomes. She gets 300 philosophy tomes per run, you and I get 100 tomes. How is that fair?
    normally I'm the crafter so that's a non-issue,
    as far as the tomes that would still be 100 per character (that she'd use for them) NOT 300 per character, some people don't realize if your a multiboxer that REALLY plays the game your at a disadvantage since it takes longer to get gear, the ones that's botting don't care about gearing up

Quote Originally Posted by DSN View Post
    So next you'll tell me someone who plays for 24 hrs straight is cheating because that's an obvious advantage over others who can just play a few hours here and there. Just because someone can do something you cannot does not mean its cheating.
    That's a good way to put it. *High five*

Quote Originally Posted by EmSix View Post
    ITT having multiple accounts is now cheating
    and what's ITT??

P.S. I didn't start this for a flame war, and @ScalaZeal there's a HUGE difference in 25 accounts and 3
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    How about multi-boxing for crafting? Macro your craft and press on #1, press on #2, press on #3, press on #4...make 4x the profit in 1x the time...

This is not cheating. Multiboxing is not against the Terms of Service. If SE did not want a single person to own multiple accounts they simply would have locked each email or credit card to a single account rather than allow users to pay for multiple accounts under one credit card.

So long as the player is not playing the game in an unattended manner then there are no rules being broken. Being able to craft 4 items on 4 accounts is not abusive. Neither would receiving 100 myth tomes per character be unfair.You say it is unfair as if she could get 300 tomes of philosophy and pool them to one character to buy loot. At best she can spend them on two star philo mats and sell them for 50K a piece. Who the hell cares? And at what cost? Super slow AK/WP runs?

In any case, the guy is asking if it's okay for her wife to multibox so that they can 2 man (four box) lower level dungeons, like brayfloxes longstrop, since many of these are very slow to queue in duty finder and hardly anyone runs them. He isn't trying to figure out a way to exploit philo tomes as you imply.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Squishy Pants
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    How are they getting 300 tomes, they are getting 100 tomes x3. You cant buy a ring with 4 characters in a single run of AK? You seem to think magically these characters merge when done, they do not, they are still X seperate characters. I cannot get 900 myth in a week with 3 characters and get +1 relic, you cannot trade or move the tomes around.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Quesse Mithril
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70

In Dungeon Fighter, I would see 4 guys of the same class and subclass, with very similar names. All enter a dungeon at the same time. I hear they can clear dungeons without even using items (stuff dies by hacks). Then they sell the profit from those runs to gold sellers, and gold sellers sell it to the players. Then the economy has incredibly high prices, pushing regular players to also buy gold.
    So basically you're saying hacking/botting is bad but multiboxing is fine. Sounds like you've figured it out.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mide Uyagir
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    You're confusing game hacks and botting with manual multiboxing. Just because you saw a group of characters multiboxed and hacking doesn't mean that multiboxing automatically means hacking. It doesn't.
    (2)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast