Player
    Character
    Ire Valkyr
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

Hero's Healing Jewelry

Why is all the tome jewelry some form of + crit?

Most of the gear has been spread out in terms of itemization when comparing coil drops to myth gear. You can pick upgrades based on secondary stats you prefer and try to wait on coil drops for others.

But not the jewelry. If i don't want crit on my jewelry as a WHM i'm forced to wait for coil drops which to this date i have never seen a healer drop in coil up to twintania.

Once i get my gloves (I upgraded relic, pants and boots first) my options are to get pieces of gear i would personally replace with coil gear, which is a waste considering the 300 weekly cap, or to get terrible jewelry.

I really just don't understand why the stats on jewelry are the same, with minor differences in the amount of crit/piety.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pouncer Wolf
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    cry more

they are uping the cap to 450 on myths

and your supposed to mix and match your gear based on what stats u need. +crit is enver a bad thing since crit heals can save the day.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ire Valkyr
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by KendoTone View Post
    cry more

they are uping the cap to 450 on myths

and your supposed to mix and match your gear based on what stats u need. +crit is enver a bad thing since crit heals can save the day.
    How can you mix and match to get the stats you want when all the jewlery is + crit. Thats my point, thanks. And if i was relying on crit to "save the day", i'd have bigger problems.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Dragonfly Seksparade
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by KendoTone View Post
    crit heals can save the day.
    lol 10chars
    (4)
    Primary Class: Green number maker
    Best WHM, NA
    twitch.tv/brown_diva

Player
    Character
    Aeriscloud Scherwiz
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Scholar

That is all.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Avette Lepaix
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Scholar here. We got a good deal on myth jewelry, but what makes a scholar happy doesn't necessarily make a white mage happy.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Ire Valkyr
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Avette View Post
    Scholar here. We got a good deal on myth jewelry, but what makes a scholar happy doesn't necessarily make a white mage happy.
    I'm all for making scholars happy... but all the jewlery? pffft.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dragonfly Seksparade
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Avette View Post
    Well said.
    (0)
    Primary Class: Green number maker
    Best WHM, NA
    twitch.tv/brown_diva

Player
    Character
    Tristan Catari
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    You can supplement with allagan drops or astral/rose gold accessories. No one said you have to have all hero's accessories.

I look at the hero's accessories(for the most part), as baby ilvl 90 gear for those who can't do coil/don't have the time to farm for the crafted accessories.

As a scholar, we lucked out. I don't understand why it's crit on every piece but I'm not going to cry about it. Even if I was a WHM main, I wouldn't care because in the time it would take to farm enough myth to get all hero's accessories, I would have enough time to farm for astral accessories and/or get drops from coil.
    (0)
    Last edited by Thriar; 11-23-2013 at 01:32 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ire Valkyr
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Thriar View Post
    You can supplement with allagan drops or astral/rose gold accessories. No one said you have to have all hero's accessories.

I look at the hero's accessories(for the most part), as baby ilvl 90 gear for those who can't do coil/don't have the time to farm for the crafted accessories.

As a scholar, we lucked out. I don't understand why it's crit on every piece but I'm not going to cry about it. Even if I was a WHM main, I wouldn't care because in the time it would take to farm enough myth to get all hero's accessories, I would have enough time to farm for astral accessories and/or get drops from coil.
    I have several crafted Astral pieces and no luck with drops from coil. So now my options are to not upgrade to ilvl 90 jewelry or get poorly itemized ilvl 90 jewelry in every jewlery slot. I'm not saying none of the jewelry should have crit, i'm wondering why ALL have crit and no other stats like det or ss.

Not all crafted jewlery pieces are amazing upgrades. The necklace for example would be a minor upgrade as the secondary stat on the main piece is accuracy.

As a sch you will really luck out after 2.1. The increase in myth tomes means you will be able to get crit jewlery faster and there is no luck involved. You farm and get optimized gear upgrades.
    (0)
    Last edited by Eriane; 11-23-2013 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Length

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast