Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Dev. Posts

Hybrid View

Lightning Strikes Event

Hello, everyone!

There were a lot of people that stayed up late to check out the kick-off of the Lightning Strikes event. (I know this because I may have been one of them…)

In case you haven’t had a chance to check it out, I just wanted to give some quick supplemental information on the event to go along with what is on the official site.
    • Event phases
      The Lightning Strikes event is split into four phases and will last until December 9, 2013 at 6:59 am.
      Even if you can’t progress as each phase begins, have no fear! You’ll be able to accept all of the quests, so rest easy knowing you can do this event at your own pace.

• Quest items
      The FATEs for this event where you can acquire the quest items will require you to level sync. By receiving gold or silver ranks for completing these FATEs you’ll be awarded with 2 “Otherworldly Parcel.”
      This will allow you to complete the first and exchange for a weapon of your choice (quest completion requires one item and each weapon requires one item). Please select whatever weapon you like as the quest items in phase 1 will not be needed in the next phase.
      *By completing all four phases of the event, you can obtain all of the armor.

• FATE difficulty
      As we go through each phase, we’ll be having some high level FATEs; however, we’ve balanced them so they can be cleared with only four people, so don’t worry if the amount of participants decrease as the event is wrapping up.

We also understand that there are a lot of people who are trying to do this event and there may be congestion, so we ask that if you experience this to just give it a bit of time.

We hope you enjoy the event!
    (52)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Oktai Kahkol
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Theres still the problem with Lower Levels not being able to participate as the Chain continues. What about those of us who are alt-a-holics and would like the outfits on all our toons?
    (18)
    Last edited by Ravij; 11-15-2013 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Edited for clarification

Player
    Character
    Nim Loki
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravij View Post
    Theres still the problem with Lower Levels not being able to participate as the Chain continues. What about those of us who are alt-a-holics and would like the outfits?
    (80)
    Last edited by Sephirah; 11-15-2013 at 06:24 AM.

http://youtu.be/gGJPq1qmtrk - PLD Controller Tanking AK with no UI video

Character
    Oktai Kahkol
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephirah View Post
    Level up....
    Very funny. Ever had a real life job?

Back to my statement. I think events like this should be available to all levels, even lower levels. I think that some of the content only being available to high levels is a poor decision in design. Not everyone has the time nor patience to level another character to the required level. In my case I'd like to have both the male and female versions coming from this event. But due to real life time constraints I'm restricted to only being able to get them on my two highest toons; which are both male. (And I have no fantasia.)
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Eiko Ceuracanth
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

Back to my statement. I think events like this should be available to all levels, even lower levels. I think that some of the content only being available to high levels is a poor decision in design. Not everyone has the time nor patience to level another character to the required level. In my case I'd like to have both the male and female versions coming from this event. But due to real life time constraints I'm restricted to only being able to get them on my two highest toons; which are both male. (And I have no fantasia.)
    You have like 3 months to level up. It's not like it really takes that long of a time to level... It's coming back in February with the U.S. launch of the game.
    (21)

http://www.resonatefc.com

Player
    Character
    Jet'a Vahn
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Wholeheartedly agree to this. I have a male and a female characters, and while my male is almost to the level required to complete the chain (48), I don't see myself able to take the female there before February.

You may think 3 months is a long while, but with my busy schedule it's already a LOT for me to have managed to get to lv36 as my main since launch. I do not ask for the level requirement to be lowered (while it would be FULLY LEGIT. Come on, lv48 for a lv13 armor?), but if the developers could at least guarantee that this event will repeat yearly, I may hopefully get the Lightning armor set in 2015...

Would that be too much to ask?
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Mio Kuromi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 63
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluevann View Post
    Wholeheartedly agree to this. I have a male and a female characters, and while my male is almost to the level required to complete the chain (48), I don't see myself able to take the female there before February.

You may think 3 months is a long while, but with my busy schedule it's already a LOT for me to have managed to get to lv36 as my main since launch. I do not ask for the level requirement to be lowered (while it would be FULLY LEGIT. Come on, lv48 for a lv13 armor?), but if the developers could at least guarantee that this event will repeat yearly, I may hopefully get the Lightning armor set in 2015...

Would that be too much to ask?
    ... Fantasia. I have two on each character. Store one on retainer, you're able to accept the second one in mail. Now, what was that about not having enough time?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Punainen Drak
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80

Yeah, I have a female main and a male alt, and i want the alt to have Snow's outfit, but he's only lvl 32. Time to grind like mad! And if I miss it this go around, there's always February :B
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Juran Desiku
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    This is such a piss poor excuse it's insane already. I mean really? Theres an insane amount of people with jobs, some two, and are able to have a level 50 male and female ready to go do the content. Dont confuse "cant" with "wont". If you don't want to level a female character, then don't, period; But don't complain you cant get the female version of the gear, what are you going to do cross dress? I sure as hell don't care if i can get my characters opposite gender gear. But whatever, i know I'm just raging at deaf ears usually.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Tirion Crey
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 86
    Not this crap again. If you have enough time to play 5 different characters...then you have enough time to do the FATE event...simple as that. And if you don't have the time to lvl them up high enough to participate in all the chain events(on all your characters...)...sorry that's your choice and not SE's fault. You made the decision so live with it.
    (3)

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast