Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16
    Player
    Character
    Cierre Mhakaracca
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Actually, this promotional series event has me (PC player) intrigued about the apparently large fanbase of FFXIII and its successor, as well as the upcoming third title in the series. I mean, we havent seen three games of Final Fantasy with the same core character before, have we?
    Regardless, I wonder whether these games (including the newest one they are promoting here) are solely PS3 based? As I am planning on buying a PS4, will it be available for that platform too? Or even, gasp, PC?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Berthom Sur
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 34
    Quote Originally Posted by Niyuka View Post
    Actually, this promotional series event has me (PC player) intrigued about the apparently large fanbase of FFXIII and its successor, as well as the upcoming third title in the series. I mean, we havent seen three games of Final Fantasy with the same core character before, have we?
    The three FFXIIIs are all on PS3; although, you might be able to get them on the PSN on PS4, as downloadable titles.

My conspiracy theory is that SE didn't want to create any new properties or engines after FFXIII because a) too much money went into FFXIV and b) PS4 and Xbone were just around the corner...so they just kept on pumping out FFXIII sequels. That, or FFXV just needed that much more development time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tomba Labomba
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Please Square Enix, stop designing events that make use of Fates until you have fixed the visibility/lag problems. You want people to enjoy the events I assume but what you are doing (at least in my case) is to frustrate players. Here is a summary of how I have experienced this “great” seasonal event:

I went to one of the spawn locations, waited 15 minutes and then the FATE finally came up. Before I was able to target an enemy, the fate was over. I repeated the FATE and same thing happened again. Enemies were either not visible and if they were visible for a second, there was no chance to land a single attack because of too many people involved.

Then I tried the other event out where you didn’t have to fight several small mobs. First two times, I wasn’t able to see the boss and by the third time, I saw him and landed a few hits but got nothing in the end. I had to do it three times again to obtain the quest item needed to finish the quest.

To my surprise, a bit later after I was done with the first wave of the event, I heard that Lightning was involved in the Fate. In all my attempts, I couldn’t see her and I was already wondering when she finally shows up since the event is called “Lightning event” lol. This didn’t change in the second phase of the event so I have to rely to screenshots from other players how she looks in the FATE.

So all in all, I had to make a bit over half of dozen attempts to finish the first wave of this seasonal event and I couldn’t even see the main person of the event. I do not except seasonal events to provide you with items you can use in later stages of the Game but they should at least be fun to do despite of the rewards.

But so far, I had no joy no matter what the event was. First event with the bombers went heavily on my nerves because the FATE was everywhere and the music and NPC’s spawning in the FATE disturbed me while I was harvesting more than once. Second FATE was simply running from NPC A to B, having to wait a few in game hours to get to the next quest stage and then redo the running from NPC to NPC. Lightning event will remain in my memory as lag event without the main actor.

And SE’s advice is to wait a few days till the Fates are lesser occupied. I have a different suggestion: don’t design events where people have to wait for days to make them. Your seasonal events have time sinks enough (wait two days for next wave of quest, wait several ingame Eorzea hours like for the Halloween event etc.).

No need for extra limitation because the Game can’t handle more than a dozen of players at once. If your engine/net code does not support a fight with two dozen of players or more, don’t design quests that can be played by so many people. Make events instanced, put them in a dungeon, whatever. Everything is better than having to make FATES on regular maps.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sigvaldus Gigantus
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Boring Fates are boring, i don't even like FF13.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shinonome Sanada
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Geobryn View Post
    ^^ this
    i finally saw her yesterday and was like "what did you do to her!!!"
    Well, Squeenix did admit to erm, making her a bit bigger for FF XIII - Lightning Returns. Though I wouldn't know if the XIV model is based on the original XIII Lightning or the boobzilla Lightning of Lightning Returns.
    (1)

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16