Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Lightning Strikes Event

Hello, everyone!

There were a lot of people that stayed up late to check out the kick-off of the Lightning Strikes event. (I know this because I may have been one of them…)

In case you haven’t had a chance to check it out, I just wanted to give some quick supplemental information on the event to go along with what is on the official site.
    • Event phases
      The Lightning Strikes event is split into four phases and will last until December 9, 2013 at 6:59 am.
      Even if you can’t progress as each phase begins, have no fear! You’ll be able to accept all of the quests, so rest easy knowing you can do this event at your own pace.

• Quest items
      The FATEs for this event where you can acquire the quest items will require you to level sync. By receiving gold or silver ranks for completing these FATEs you’ll be awarded with 2 “Otherworldly Parcel.”
      This will allow you to complete the first and exchange for a weapon of your choice (quest completion requires one item and each weapon requires one item). Please select whatever weapon you like as the quest items in phase 1 will not be needed in the next phase.
      *By completing all four phases of the event, you can obtain all of the armor.

• FATE difficulty
      As we go through each phase, we’ll be having some high level FATEs; however, we’ve balanced them so they can be cleared with only four people, so don’t worry if the amount of participants decrease as the event is wrapping up.

We also understand that there are a lot of people who are trying to do this event and there may be congestion, so we ask that if you experience this to just give it a bit of time.

We hope you enjoy the event!
    (52)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Oktai Kahkol
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Theres still the problem with Lower Levels not being able to participate as the Chain continues. What about those of us who are alt-a-holics and would like the outfits on all our toons?
    (18)
    Last edited by Ravij; 11-15-2013 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Edited for clarification

Player
    Character
    Nim Loki
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravij View Post
    Theres still the problem with Lower Levels not being able to participate as the Chain continues. What about those of us who are alt-a-holics and would like the outfits?
    (80)
    Last edited by Sephirah; 11-15-2013 at 06:24 AM.

http://youtu.be/gGJPq1qmtrk - PLD Controller Tanking AK with no UI video

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    FATE difficulty
    As we go through each phase, we’ll be having some high level FATEs; however, we’ve balanced them so they can be cleared with only four people, so don’t worry if the amount of participants decrease as the event is wrapping up.
    Maybe you should balance them so they can be cleared with a few hundred people, so that the event isn't so trivial.

What about those of us who are alt-a-holics and would like the outfits on all our toons?
    The game was designed to cure Alt-a-holicism by allowing you to play pretty much all content with one CHARACTER If I see any cartoons running around i'll be sure to let you know though.
    (34)

Player
    Character
    Iec Erynt
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 57
    Thank you for the stealth edit, Sephi. :X
    (0)

Character
    Oktai Kahkol
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephirah View Post
    Level up....
    Very funny. Ever had a real life job?

Back to my statement. I think events like this should be available to all levels, even lower levels. I think that some of the content only being available to high levels is a poor decision in design. Not everyone has the time nor patience to level another character to the required level. In my case I'd like to have both the male and female versions coming from this event. But due to real life time constraints I'm restricted to only being able to get them on my two highest toons; which are both male. (And I have no fantasia.)
    (13)

Character
    Oktai Kahkol
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post

The game was designed to cure Alt-a-holicism by allowing you to play pretty much all content with one CHARACTER If I see any cartoons running around i'll be sure to let you know though.
    If it was designed to cure Alt-a-holicism we'd be restricted to only being able to make one toon per server. Most people like to look at different things while they play through out their time on this game. And.. those who RP also take on different characters for a different out-look on a story.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Eiko Ceuracanth
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravij View Post
    Very funny. Ever had a real life job?

Back to my statement. I think events like this should be available to all levels, even lower levels. I think that some of the content only being available to high levels is a poor decision in design. Not everyone has the time nor patience to level another character to the required level. In my case I'd like to have both the male and female versions coming from this event. But due to real life time constraints I'm restricted to only being able to get them on my two highest toons; which are both male. (And I have no fantasia.)
    You have like 3 months to level up. It's not like it really takes that long of a time to level... It's coming back in February with the U.S. launch of the game.
    (21)

http://www.resonatefc.com

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Maybe you should balance them so they can be cleared with a few hundred people, so that the event isn't so trivial.

It'd be great if FATE's scaled with the amount of toons. Also, some people just like rolling alt toons. I'd rather re-do all the story quests on new toons than grind FATE's to level all the jobs. That's just me though.
    (13)

Character
    Haru Degurechaff
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 65
    Camate thanks for the post and thank the devs for the event for us (being honest), but please tell them to shy away from fate events in the future for us. Pretty please.
    (23)

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast