Player
    Character
    Bloodclaw Talon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90

Tank Darklight Armor.... Really?!

Am I the only one upset with the tank darklight armor in every way?

1. They did very little to differentiate it from the armor you get while leveling up; "just strap on two blades to the back of the head and were good right?"

2. It looks bad, really bad. They took the worse looking armor in the game and somehow made it look even worse! (Not that hard though to be honest.)

3. It costs too dam much because they are sold in chest/head combo and leg/feet combo. Its a lot easier to buy a piece at 495 than to have to wait till you get 1320.

This in itself is unfair and should demand a re-design to the armor.

We need this changed.

_______________So you don't have to go digging too much:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvinire View Post
    Unfortunately, there are no plans to separate the head portion of darklight armor or visibly remove it from the body piece.
    We know also that there have been a lot of requests for hooded gear with the option to lower the hood. While some gear can be adjusted with the /visor function, each piece of gear is designed with this function from its inception, and it would take a lot of time and effort to adjust previously released gear to fit this request. Specifically this involves taking previous models, breaking them apart and inserting new frames for each.

This additional time would normally be spent on creating new gear, and when weighing the benefits of either, the Item team believes new gear takes precedent. To be clear, currently we don't have plans to adjust any of the current equipment as suggested.
    We'll also be sure to inform the team to keep the /visor function in mind when designing new gear from the start.
    We spoke on this topic again with the Item team and were informed that items like the black mage mask, the turban eyemask, and certain heavy armor visors were designed before the use of the /visor feature was conceptualized. As mentioned in this post, it would take a lot of time away from creating new gear if they were to go back and redesign previous gear, but the team will be looking into creating new equipment with the /visor function going forward.
    (51)
    Last edited by Bloodclaw; 12-10-2013 at 05:04 AM.

Player
    Character
    Baopee Dhen
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    they are UGLY....AF and Valor look so much better
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Raze Krauser
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by baopee View Post
    they are UGLY....AF and Valor look so much better
    This pretty much sums up the solution....

AF + Valor = DL head/chest piece...and it's more practical until you start collecting Allagan or have myth-tombs to burn on the Valor chest.

You're doing 8 AK runs to cap Myths per week, you should be well stocked on all Hoplite gear....spend a week and a half worth of Myths on the Valor head piece, and you are set.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yiell Lavande
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Sometimes I wonder if they had DIFFERENT TEAMS who designed the armors. If they did, I would make the Dragoon design team the employees of the year. And o, I guess who ever is in charge with TEAM BARD is either gay or a girl. who wants a pink armor for their end game gear? >_<
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Maeve D'lyn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Yiell View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if they had DIFFERENT TEAMS who designed the armors. If they did, I would make the Dragoon design team the employees of the year. And o, I guess who ever is in charge with TEAM BARD is either gay or a girl. who wants a pink armor for their end game gear? >_<
    yep because every gay man and girl LOVE pink -_-
    Would it have been better if they made it blue, put monster trucks and footballs on it

grow up and stop being so insecure
    (24)

Player
    Character
    Evil Hippie
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Umm....yes. Yes it would be better with monster trucks on it. What wouldn't be?
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Lyrre Myste
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    (19)

Player
    Character
    Vortok Mercadia
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I would make the Dragoon design team the employees of the year.
    Because the giant hole in the armor around the gut makes so much sense. DRG I know hates the AF chest for that very reason.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tymora Estrellauta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortok View Post
    Because the giant hole in the armor around the gut makes so much sense. DRG I know hates the AF chest for that very reason.
    Feels silly but it is not.
    When there is an obvious "weak spot" in an armor, attackers who think they are "smart" will aim for it.
    - Since the wearer is well aware of the weak spot, he/she will pay more attention to it.
    - There is a reason why the "hole" is in the tummy area. This is the easiest location to see an attack coming in and to parry/block it.

Probably not coincidental that the Dragoon has +parry skills to go along with it.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Misa Strongarm
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I don't like you
    (1)

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast