Player
    Character
    Jenity Dionysus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80

Capes

While we're on this subject, there's one thing I am compelled to bring up: Why is there a lack of capes?

The fabric physics are there. Just look at how Vanya robes flow in the wind and while you're running or walking in one. Odin is clearly wearing a cape while you're fighting him but when you actually wear Odin's armor, the cape is nowhere to be found? Why did they decide to omit the cape from the armor?

And sadly, it looks like the yellow cape on the Warrior of Light armor was also omitted... What gives?
    (1)
    Last edited by Tanama; 12-05-2013 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Fixed Odin image

Player
    Character
    Grym Shadowheart
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Adding to the back clipping issue that is already there, too much adjustment to make.

If you play a female with long straight hair, the tip part of your hair will go THROUGH the shield, but SE have no plan to fix it as it is only 1 hair style that will clip against a a specific class. But adding cape will probably amplify this problem so unlikely that they will do it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bisera Cecilina
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 76
    Like others have said, I'll be very happy if they don't design anymore tin can armor... ever.

Otherwise, vanity gear is going to become my new best friend... XD

---

Just a question but are there plans to adjust the feet clipping into robes when running?
    I've had that happen with just about every robe on my Roeg and it's quite irksome.
    (1)
    Last edited by Anapingofness; 12-05-2013 at 12:51 PM.

Player
    Character
    Bloodclaw Talon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Velhart View Post
    I appreciate this, but can you let the item team know that we find the 2-in-1 equipment pieces for end game at least are inconvenient to said jobs that need them to progress?
    GOD yes please!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bloodclaw Talon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Valcro View Post
    But you sure do make plans for Lightning FATEs, emotes while laying in a bed, consider pajama gear long enough to give a yes or no answer, vanity slots, need I go on? But going back and redoing(more like doing, since there wasn't much effort in the first place) Darklight gear? Nah, ain't got time for that noise.

So I guess there's no point in asking if you'll redo Bard AF leg gear for males, because my male character looks like a cross dresser in the current BRD AF gear, which was obviously designed for a female.
    I guess they are not concerned with it anymore as they are looking to vanity slots.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bloodclaw Talon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvinire View Post
    This additional time would normally be spent on creating new gear, and when weighing the benefits of either, the Item team believes new gear takes precedent. To be clear, currently we don't have plans to adjust any of the current equipment as suggested.
    I am sorry to hear this, as the costs are unfair to the tank classes, and it does look bad. I would hope that we could get at least a half-baked modification to an already existing armor set of another verity, it would most definitely look better.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Traek Darksoul
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Vanity aside, there is still going to be the larger issue of upgrades (1 piece from a 2 slot = AK gear = downgrade or barely sidegrade). I hope the devs have plans to introduce ilvl70 tank crafts for single slot head/body/legs/feet in 2.1. CT certainly helps the issue, but really on the i70 level there needs to be more options. My Warrior currently is having the issue on legs now, as RNG for T2 is taking its time.

Now I'm scared I'm going to have to wear that CT skirt with Warrior feet.. how fabulous is that going to be..?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elasandria Servion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Traek View Post
    Vanity aside, there is still going to be the larger issue of upgrades (1 piece from a 2 slot = AK gear = downgrade or barely sidegrade). I hope the devs have plans to introduce ilvl70 tank crafts for single slot head/body/legs/feet in 2.1. CT certainly helps the issue, but really on the i70 level there needs to be more options. My Warrior currently is having the issue on legs now, as RNG for T2 is taking its time.

Now I'm scared I'm going to have to wear that CT skirt with Warrior feet.. how fabulous is that going to be..?
    An ilevel90 body(myth or allagan) with a hoplite head beats the DL body/head piece, it's not down or side it's still up.
    It is a little annoying, and I'm a big fan of all matching gear (yeah I can't wait for vanity slots) but as a pure numbers game you can go mismatched in 90 + 60 and still are better than the 70.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Traek Darksoul
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfarious View Post
    An ilevel90 body(myth or allagan) with a hoplite head beats the DL body/head piece, it's not down or side it's still up.
    It is a little annoying, and I'm a big fan of all matching gear (yeah I can't wait for vanity slots) but as a pure numbers game you can go mismatched in 90 + 60 and still are better than the 70.
    Not better but sidegrade for some i90. If you consider 1str and 2vit, over loss of other stats, and 1 armor an upgrade, then I'm not sure what to tell you. Please also consider I'm talking about the future as well, considering i80 gear from CT will be a clear downgrade mixed with i60 gear. So no, not always an upgrade. You are right about the main body/leg pieces, it is a bit of an upgrade. My point still stands with i80 gear, as well as non main body i90.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Velo'a Nharoz
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I believe capes were omitted due to physics limitations and processing for ps3. Instead of having generic cape animations (which require no physics since all movements are pre-determined), I remember hearing (or rather, seeing) that SE would prefer to give capes realistic physics, which means their motions are computed on the spot (putting strain on your system). I think we will start to see a lot more of these life-like motions with DX11 support now that the ps4 version is on the horizon. We may just see capes one day in the future.
    (0)

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast