Character
    Moonfrost Hailstorm
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90

question about PS4 version

yes I realize it isn't out.
    has anybody confirmed whether this game would require PSN+ on the PS4? the only information I have been able to find is that if you had the PS3 version you would get the PS4 version free. so I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering if people will have to also pay for PSN+ to play this game on the PS4

forgive me if someone has answered this but I couldnt find a post about it
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tzar Uck
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildsprite View Post
    yes I realize it isn't out.
    has anybody confirmed whether this game would require PSN+ on the PS4? the only information I have been able to find is that if you had the PS3 version you would get the PS4 version free. so I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering if people will have to also pay for PSN+ to play this game on the PS4

forgive me if someone has answered this but I couldnt find a post about it
    Per the E3 press conf One of the most common questions we’re asked is whether the PS4 is backwards compatible – if it can play PS3, PS2 and PlayStation games as well as those made specifically for the PS4.
    The simple answer is that no, you cannot simply put a PS3 game in your PS4 and play it. The two systems are fundamentally not compatible with each other.
    This means to play the PS4 version you must buy PSN online account. The PS3 version gets canceled out if you want the PS4 version for Free.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tzar Uck
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50

So what i really wanted to say

You will be required to pay the 5.00 a month PSN online subscription to play FFXIV on the PS4.

If you want the PS4 version for Free you will no longer be able to log into the game using the PS3. However.. if you choose to buy the PS4 version you could in effect have both games signed in on the same account giving you a rare option to create MULES by sending yourself Freind Request to yourself.

It's almost worth the 40.00 price to do that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Moonfrost Hailstorm
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    so you have to pay a double sub to play this game on the PS4? well that settles that then. sony can take their new system and shove it
    (1)
    Last edited by Wildsprite; 11-17-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Player
    Character
    Astraea Trinity
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildsprite View Post
    my question was not about playing the PS3 version on the PS4, it was whether the PS4 version of this game would require you to pay a PSN+ subscription
    I already knew you wouldnt be able to play PS3 games on the PS4. and where did this information about the PS3 version being canceled if you get the PS4 version free come from?
    I know DC universe online doesnt require PSN+ to play, neither does Planetside 2

I dont see anything on FFXIV but its most likely an MMO thing

edit:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06/...player-on-ps4/

Finally, he was asked if players will need a PS Plus subscription to play MMORPGs like Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and The Elder Scrolls Online
    You will need it to enjoy online multiplayer.
    This will also depend on the judgement by the publishers, and there will be some free to play titles that you’ll be able to play without needing a PS Plus subscription, like PlanetSide 2 and DC Universe Online
    I guess we'll see though, seeing as this isnt a F2P title

You get some pretty awesome deals out of that extra $50 year round though
    (2)
    Last edited by AstreaTrinity; 11-17-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kyriea Nova
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Last I heard SE were in talks with Sony to make it where PS+ wasn't needed so there's a good chance you don't need it to play, but as far as I know there's no definitive answer. I don't think it's that bad at all though, considering you get free games every month with PS+ and is very little every month. Could be worse, could be Xbox Live.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    If you have a PS4 you probably will want to get PS+ anyway because you will miss out in all the online in all your other PS4 games if you don't have it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alcyon Densetsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    NO. No PS+ subscription required to play MMO's, F2P games, use Netflix, Hulu, etc.

It basically works like this: if the servers are not operated by Sony, they won't require you to have a PS+ sub.
    Sony provides servers for developers to use, in the case of multiplayer games etc., in which case you obviously need to be sub'ed to PS+, but Sony won't force you to pay when it doesn't cost them anything.

That's a big difference with the Xbox 1 where you must pay for all online services, including the ones who don't cost a cent to Microsoft.
    (3)
    Last edited by Alcyon_Densetsu; 11-17-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Player
    Character
    Valega Kazenoko
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by aray0002 View Post
    If you want the PS4 version for Free you will no longer be able to log into the game using the PS3. However.. if you choose to buy the PS4 version you could in effect have both games signed in on the same account giving you a rare option to create MULES by sending yourself Freind Request to yourself.
    You can't sign in to the account on more than one platform at a time. You also still couldn't create mules as they're still on the same account, not on your friend list. Unless you create separate accounts and pay for 2 subscriptions.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Benjamin Ghazi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Anything you have to pay for won't require an additional PSN sub.
    (2)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast