Player
    Character
    Renta Hamster
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by MHB3000 View Post
    the mystery behind it cant be summed up with a simple answer..
    ...and that simple answer is, "we didn't have time to implement anything like that because we weren't finished making the game when we launched it".
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sorel Evans
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 38
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    We received the responses from the dev. team to the questions that were brought up in our second round of polling the forums. We are going to be addressing the questions generated in the EN forum first, and then adding in the additional, internationally-gathered questions later today hopefully, but it might slip into tomorrow.

I do ask that you please keep in mind the format and style of this Q&A. We received a ton of questions and it'd be difficult to give huge, and in-depth answers to each and every one of them. It may come off kind of cold to have so many similar responses, but that was the style of Q&A we chose to do with such a large volume of questions.
    Thank you very much Bayohne. Your efforts do you and the rest of the Community Team much credit.

I do apologize for the mostly negative reaction of the player community. It is not due to the Community Team's efforts at getting them answers, I assure you. It is simply human nature to be upset when they get answers they do not like.

So keep up the good work and continue to relay our questions and constructive comments to the Development Team. Despite the current negativity, we do actually very much look forward to the information the Community Team provides to us.

Thanks again!
    (6)

3. 06-08-2011 06:47 PM
    Reason
    Violation of the Forum Terms of Service

Player

Disheartened to hear that there are no immediate plans to integrate DoL into party play. They seemed to make promises at launch of real integration with the DoL classes in party battle/quests etc. that would have been really innovative. Guess we can't be asking for innovation before the games fixed.

Ah well, as me pappy used to say, 'you cannae paint a picasso if you dun' kno' what a face looks like t' begin wif"
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sorel Evans
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 38
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenics View Post
    Removed due to Forum Terms of Service.
    OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Sorel
    Bayohne! You may have gotten away with providing wussy answers this time ... but next time we see you, you better have answers with implementation timestamps and code snippets!! Sorry-ass "explanations" won't cut it anymore!!!
    There.
    (1)
    Last edited by Jhanaka; 06-09-2011 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Removed vulgar quote

Player
    Character
    Kiote Corissimo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    To be honest I don't care that the answers that we got we're short and in some cases vague. What really annoyed me about this was the fact that the announced a Q&A on the most clearly lacking aspect of the game, implying they we're doing something with it, and then tell us they are doing nothing with it..

I mean people don't like the battle system, but they have things to fight and the ability to reach level cap. You have to be down right obsessed with gathering to get Mining and Botany past Rank 43.

And to tell us there is no plan to implement DoL/DoH into the new content is down right insulting. The least they could have done was tell us they will make new separate content for DoL sometime after the new Battle System changes. Don't let silence imply that your just abandoning an entire section of the game..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aria Placida
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 88
    Again, how is saying that they're increasing SP gains, adding in new gear, making the leves more accessible, and adding in rarer items "doing nothing"? I'm really curious wth you think "doing something" is.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Neptune Deepsea
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    The speed of gathering animations has increased greatly, but connection latency seems slow down gathering significantly. Will this be addressed and fixed?

We believe this will be solved when the server adjustments are completed.
    Later that day... it has been adjusted to last twice as long!

Currently the highest node a Botanist/Miner can gather from is Grade 5 while Fishers have Grade 10s, giving them a huge advantage over Miners/Botanists for skilling up. Will we be seeing a balance to this in the future?
    In regards to fishing, we have been looking into lowering fishing spots Grade 6 and above to Grade 1.
    In other news all camps above Rank 30 have been reduced to rank 1.. congratulations!! Have fun leveling!!

What a bunch of BS. I wish I had asked this question:

All of the abilities gathers get only have a slight change of taking effect and they are all mutually exclusive.. can we please be able to use them all at the same time?
    Suspected answer.. "We have no plans for this."
    (0)
    Last edited by Neptune; 06-09-2011 at 12:21 AM.

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by a lot of these answers. It's pretty clear gathering-related activities beyond balancing the economy are a secondary concern right now. Let's see if the other languages' Q&A bring anything new.

In other news, if Mind increases number of items dropped at a node for miners, we can probably assume this also applies to botanist with Int.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xenor Vernix
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    There's actually a lot of information still missing from the English forums. There's 153 questions answered on the Japanese forums and I counted 54 on ours. Hopefully Bayohne finds time to translate the others.
    (0)
    FFXIV: ARR item database, ability lists, maps, guides, dungeon loot lists and more. - http://www.ffxivinfo.com

Player
    Character
    King Zeus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenor View Post
    There's actually a lot of information still missing from the English forums. There's 153 questions answered on the Japanese forums and I counted 54 on ours. Hopefully Bayohne finds time to translate the others.
    but we can already predict the answers to them...
    (0)

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast