Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Side Beheln
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 54
    Im kinda not happy with the responses regarding alternative usage for gatherers outside of their traditional use. Aside from that, I didn't like to see they said there were no plans to further story related content to gatherers. My opinion(and that of what SE promised originally) was that every class regardless, had equal opportunity to progress in the world without the need of a battle oriented classes. It seems gatherers and crafters are becoming more and more sub par and not as useful as SE originally stated they would be outside of making gil =/
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blackomega Kingofwaffles
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenics View Post
    Removed due to Forum Rule violations.
    Nailed it.
    (5)
    Last edited by Jhanaka; 06-09-2011 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Removed vulgar quote

Player
    Character
    Aria Placida
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 88
    Quote Originally Posted by SydeBeheln View Post
    Aside from that, I didn't like to see they said there were no plans to further story related content to gatherers. My opinion(and that of what SE promised originally) was that every class regardless, had equal opportunity to progress in the world without the need of a battle oriented classes. It seems gatherers and crafters are becoming more and more sub par and not as useful as SE originally stated they would be outside of making gil =/
    Yes, that is what was originally promised. Then the playerbase realized that this really meant that all the main storyline quests were going to be. . . underwhelming, to say the least. At this point, they've decided they'll get more value out of making the main storyline more action-oriented.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Side Beheln
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 54
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridiana View Post
    Yes, that is what was originally promised. Then the playerbase realized that this really meant that all the main storyline quests were going to be. . . underwhelming, to say the least. At this point, they've decided they'll get more value out of making the main storyline more action-oriented.
    I completely agree with that, I would rather have action paced oriented content, but I don't think SE ever said they were straying away from that idea. Instead, they were going to give crafters, and gatherers alternative usage for those parts of the game. And now it seems like the basic route of that of what we have in ffxi is what is in store for xiv, and that means crafters / gatherers are nothing more than money makers, and just something to do on the side.

I mean i could be wrong about this, but the whole idea around making them individual classes seemed like a perfect idea for alternative more beneficial and story arching concepts. With just giving them nothing anymore, it seems like they are just as useful as the generic crafter.

Oh well, I guess if that's the best choice for SE then so be itttt
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eruantien Draugole
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    i feel very disapointed, it seems they have no plans or intentions as far as gathering classes go. What a way to put a dappener on my gathering leveling
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vulcan Lionguard
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post

"Are there factors such as Moon Phases, Time of Day, and Weather Conditions that affect the Drops Rates and Quality of items obtained through gathering?"

Similar suggestions have been brought up, but nothing specific has been decided.
    Hey Bay! Please let the Devs know that I appreciate the answer to my question.. This answer leaves me to think that the mechanics aren't "broken" but rather complex.. the mystery behind it cant be summed up with a simple answer.. In a world, there are laws and rules that govern that world.. and this answer follows the laws and rules of Eorzea.. if you question how many Suns and Moons there are in the Final Fantasy XIV Universe.. then this answer should have sent chills down your spine.. remember that Socrates was the wisest philosopher only because he continually asked why
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Xenor Vernix
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I don't want crafters or gatherers to be treated as equals to battle classes. I want to do fun, challenging boss battles that the FF series is known for in it's stories. I don't want to be running around talking to NPCs and playing some slow, boring mini game that requires no skill.

I am never going to choose to do a story quest on my CRP or BTN when I can do it on my ARC or CON. That's crazy talk. I don't know a single crafter or gatherer who does not have a battle class ranked up. There may well exist a few but catering the game to these is not smart.

Story quests should ALWAYS require battle classes. Sure, let the gatherer sit and leach if you think you can handle that tough battle with one less player but don't get rid of the battle just so the gatherer or crafter can solo it.

What disappointed me most about the Q&A is the lack of plans for appropriate content for ranks 45+ with grade 6 nodes. It's the same for battle classes with behests and leves stopping at 40. They should have the 50s there already. People want to do content that's above their rank, not below it. There is no challenge or reward in doing content you're too high for.
    (0)
    FFXIV: ARR item database, ability lists, maps, guides, dungeon loot lists and more. - http://www.ffxivinfo.com

Player
    Character
    Duuude Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80

Update to results

I have recompiled the questions and consolidated into like-answers. I have paraphrased where I could for efficiency and accuracy.

How do you feel about the leveling speed of gatherers compared to other classes?
    We have been looking into ways of increasing the leveling speed.

Currently the highest node a Botanist/Miner can gather from is Grade 5 while Fishers have Grade 10s, giving them a huge advantage over Miners/Botanists for skilling up. Will we be seeing a balance to this in the future?
    In regards to fishing, we have been looking into lowering fishing spots Grade 6 and above to Grade 1.

Will there be more DoL leves in the future?
    Adding other content takes priority over adding leves at the moment.

The current DoL leves are few, and the time and SP rewarded for completing them is rather small. Are there plans to lengthen the leve requirements from say 3 logging points to 6?
    We plan on reviewing the rewards for all types of leves.

When I hit a sweet spot I still get random items, why is this?
    We believe this may be because certain requirements (such as not being the proper rank) have not been met.

Why can Wrist Flick stun level 60+ NMs (Uraeus, Great Buffalo, Dodore, Haughtpox Bloatbelly, Elder Mosshorn) with ease and consistency?
    While this does work for NMs, the effects will differ based on level.

What does Mind do for mining?
    The higher the character’s Mind, the more items are gained.

Will the gathering animations ever be reworked or redone through motion capture to improve the realism and fluidity of the animation?
    This has already been implemented.

Currently for botanist and miner we have skills that say increased chance at certain crystals i.e. Byregot's Ward but these skills do not provide us with crystals at all. Are these skills mislabeled or is there plans to readjust them?
    It will not be 100%, but the chances will be raised.

It was initially claimed that all disciplines (War/Magic/Hand/Land) would be of equal focus in regards to content/gameplay. Is this statement still accurate?
    It will still be possible to enjoy the game just as a gatherer, but the battle content and main scenarios to be added will make it necessary to obtain ranks and skills/actions for battle-related classes.

*Currently there are very few gathering points on each map for botanist and miner, requiring more movement than compared to battle classes to skill up. Are there any plans to add more harvestable points per map square?
    *Any chance we can have more mines for miners to mine at, more fishing pools for fishers, and more logging camps for botanists?
    We are seeing if this can be solved through adjusting the placement of these spots. [Not by altering the quantity]

*Will you implement some kind of "party gathering" system in place? Right now, gathering is a very lonely activity.
    *Will we ever be able to group up on gathering jobs to complete a fieldcraft leve or join up on a gathering node?
    Currently, gathering is meant to be played solo, but depending on the content we think it would be OK to allow gathering with other players.

*The input lag between hitting enter and the cursor stopping is problematic, is this being looked into?
    *The speed of gathering animations has increased greatly, but connection latency seems slow down gathering significantly. Will this be addressed and fixed?
    We believe this will be solved when the server adjustments are completed.

*Will you please get rid of the +1 and +2 items in gathering? It is redundant and takes up too much inventory space.
    *Most items that are gathered have no value due to supply being way higher than demand. Is there any plans to limit the supply of certain items like what was done with gold, gems and mahogany?
    *Can the nodes for all DoL classes be simplified to contain only two or three different kinds of item? I want to be sure I have found an "Iron/limonite" node or a "Yew lumber/branch/swan feather" node.
    Along with fixing crafting-related recipes, we plan on optimizing the items obtained through gathering.

*Can there be a feature gatherers can purchase with guild marks to scan for harvesting, quarrying, and spear fishing nodes?
    *Will the mini games become different for each gathering class?
    *Can we raise our Chocobo to excel in gathering, or perhaps a skill?
    *Will we ever see actual resources at gathering points rather than only sparkling lights?
    *Will gathering classes (and crafting classes) get their own storyline quests moving forward?
    *Are there any plans for other gathering classes beside Miner, Botanist, and Fisherman?
    *Are there plans to implement side quests for DoL/DoH?
    *Will Chocobo's be involved with gathering classes in any way?
    *Will gathering classes be included in the new job system?
    There are currently no plans for this.

*If you have to keep Gathering Fatigue, would you consider a new activity like "Restoring" to let all Gatherers continue to gain Skill Points (SP) without gaining items?
    *Why can we can fish in the fountain in town, but we can't fish in natural water sources like Sorrel Haven?
    *Will you implement hybrid guildleves and quests that require a mix of Disciples of Land/Hand/War/Magic?
    *Could a pop up be added after harvesting an item requesting "Would you like to keep this?" or "Toss it out"?
    *Will we be able to select which item we are focusing on gathering?
    We'll keep it under consideration.

*In the future, will I be able to fish up mobs on the ferry rides? If so, and I'm KOed (dang you, Anglers!), would I return to the last aetheryte I touched, or complete the boat ride?
    *If a monster attacks a player while gathering, why can't we use our weapons instead of a stone?
    *Can we manually mark the map with different types of icon as mining, fishing, and Logging point in the future update?
    *It is very inconvenient for Regional Leves to share both gathering and battle leves. Will you give gathering leves its own category?
    *Are there any plans to reintroduce FINAL FANTASY XI's Fishing mechanic of possibly fishing up monsters?
    *Will there be gathering competitions (Ex. Who can catch the most or biggest fish!) ?
    *Instead of BTN always destroying the landscape why cant we also mend and fix plant life?
    *Will gathering jobs ever be needed for dungeon content? Example: clearing boulders or brush to an optional boss or an optional route which leads us to the end of the dungeon; or even fishing up an optional boss?
    *Will there be specific factors made public such as Moon Phases, Time of Day, and Weather Conditions that affect the Drops Rates and Quality of items obtained through gathering?
    Similar suggestions have been brought up by the development team, but nothing has been finalized.

*All items that can be gathered so far seem pretty common, will there be rare ores/logs/etc that can be crafted into great gear?
    *Can you please allow the use of Eluder abilities on DoW/DoM? It doesn't make sense that they cannot use them.
    *Gathering classes appear to have half the "useful" amount of guild mark choices when compared to battle classes. Will adjustments be made to provide useful abilities and traits that enhance the classes?
    *Will you give gathering classes other activities to do besides gather with their main hand and off hand tools? For example: gardening for botanists (like in FF11), or aquariums for fishers.
    *Harvesting gear is very limited. Are there any plans to add more/higher level harvesting gear in the immediate future?
    *Are there plans to reward effort and innovation in gathering, just as in the battle design?
    *Any plans to alleviate inventory stress for gatherers?
    *Are there any plans of making the gathering jobs a lot more interactive and engaging with their own special abilities?
    *Are there any plans to have Arbor Call, Lay of the Land, and Gulleye ping or mark the mini-map (and main map) with an arrow to follow instead of it indicating the location via text?
    *Crafters currently have gatherers under their thumbs in terms of who holds most of the economic value in their relationship. Any plans to strengthen the economic power of gatherers?
    *Are the current dungeons going to receive gathering points?
    We have plans for this, but no specific details or timeline is ready to be announced.
    (4)
    Last edited by Duuude007; 06-08-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Player
    Character
    Side Beheln
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 54
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenor View Post
    I don't want crafters or gatherers to be treated as equals to battle classes. I want to do fun, challenging boss battles that the FF series is known for in it's stories. I don't want to be running around talking to NPCs and playing some slow, boring mini game that requires no skill.

I am never going to choose to do a story quest on my CRP or BTN when I can do it on my ARC or CON. That's crazy talk. I don't know a single crafter or gatherer who does not have a battle class ranked up. There may well exist a few but catering the game to these is not smart.

Story quests should ALWAYS require battle classes. Sure, let the gatherer sit and leach if you think you can handle that tough battle with one less player but don't get rid of the battle just so the gatherer or crafter can solo it.

What disappointed me most about the Q&A is the lack of plans for appropriate content for ranks 45+ with grade 6 nodes. It's the same for battle classes with behests and leves stopping at 40. They should have the 50s there already. People want to do content that's above their rank, not below it. There is no challenge or reward in doing content you're too high for.
    I dont expect SE to cater to the casual public. I am one of the people who have stood by for along time in hopes that this game would become more hardcore than it is. I am one who agrees that "time consumption < challenge". So Hardcore play style to me doesn't have to rely on how much time, but rather how skilled you are. With that said, I don't expect crafters/gatherers to leech story line content, but rather have beneficial usage within the party dynamics. This was a concept SE talked about from the start, so I don't see as to why this wasn't followed through(and I wish it would have been). It has been stated as an example where Miner had ability's to alter elemental weakness's or something of that effect.
    Just because crafters or gatherers have a roll in the battle field has nothing to do with casual or underwhelming difficulty.
    Seems like having them individual classes now has hardly any point to it since the whole reason was to have them played as separate more useful classes anyway.
    (0)

Player

So instead of providing higher grade zones for Mining and Botanist to make it less painful after R40, they will just f*ck with Fishing.. Good Job..
    (2)

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast