Player
    Character
    Corrderio Gabbiani
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    My question:

Currently the highest node a Botanist/Miner can gather from is Grade 5 while Fishers have Grade 10s, giving them a huge advantage over Miners/Botanists for skilling up. Will we be seeing a balance to this in the future?
    (8)
    Last edited by Corrderio; 06-01-2011 at 08:31 AM.

Player
    Any chance we can have more mines for miners to mine at, more fishing pools for fishers, and more logging camps for bontanists?
    will there be a skill to indicate locations of various materials such as copper ore , or a way to ease in "farming" said items
    I like the gathering classes but When i "farm" for certain mats I seem to have a hard time like I was farming for copper ore and I mostly got rock salt.
    (2)

Player
    What does Mind do for mining?
    Will gatherers get their own kind of endgame content similar to disciple of war and magic raids?
    What is the biggest shortcoming in gathering design that will need attention? You can't say inventory space!
    Crafters currently have gatherers under their thumbs in terms of who holds most of the economic value in their relationship. Any plans to strengthen the economic power of gatherers?
    How will the higher levels of gathering differ from the first 50 levels of gathering in the future in terms of balance or goal?
    Can we get R48-50 primary tools soon?
    Are there plans to reward effort and innovation in gathering, just as in the battle design?
    Is gathering fun enough to be a major Final Fantasy activity?
    Will gathering classes be included in the new job system?
    Are features allowing gatherers to link alt accounts and take its SP for their gatherer "working as intended?"
    Is the feature that allows low-level gatherers to follow high-level gatherers around their leves and get more hits at high-grade nodes than otherwise possible working as intended?
    Any plans for endgame or co-op gathering?
    Is there a better solution to limiting production besides gathering fatigue?
    10...characters I probably did that completely wrong.
    (5)
    Last edited by Peregrine; 06-01-2011 at 08:57 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kamara Barrett
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    My issues with gathering are that the nodes are too random.

Aiming for specific items its too random - Will there be any changes or additions that tell the player, what the node he is gathering from contains?
    Can the nodes for all DoL classes be simplified to contain only two or three different kinds of item? I want to be sure I have found an "Iron/limonite" node or a "Yew lumber/branch/swan feather" node.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Wynn Altiere
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Harvesting gear is very limited. Are there any plans to add more/higher level harvesting gear in the immediate future?
    For example, the last gloves that actually give harvesting stats which favor botanists are canvas work gloves. A rank 27 item.

Player
    Character
    Wind Oni
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    After a boss/NM fight, are there any plans on implementing gathering options for said boss/NM?
    (Example, after defeating a Boss Doblyn will miners have the option to mine the minerals on his back.)
    I know you said not to use other quotes or things from other games Bay, but I'm sure you or someone you know has played Monster Hunter. Perhaps one can help translate the idea better to devs? If its to much trouble don't worry about it. Was just curious.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Aedida Aldricht
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Here are my questions:

Currently there are very few gathering points on each map for botanist and miner, requiring more movement than compared to battle classes to skill up. Sometimes to a different region. Are there any plans to add more harvestable points per map square?
    Will there be more DoL leves in the future?
    The current DoL leves are few, and the time and SP rewarded for completing them is rather small. Are there plans to lengthen the leve requirements from say 3 logging points to 6?
    The input lag between hitting enter and the cursor stopping is problematic, is this being looked into?
    Inventories fill up quickly while gathering and items we're not looking for drop often, could a pop up be added after harvesting an item requesting "Would you like to keep this?" or "Toss it out"?
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Renta Hamster
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Here's a few that I had stored up in case there was a gathering QA:

Will you rework the gathering mini-game so that it is not so easy for a third-party automated botting program to do so easily?
    Will you give gathering classes other activities to do besides gather with their main hand and off hand tools? For example: gardening for botanists (like in FF11), or aquariums for fishers.
    According to the official FF14 website ( http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/#/game...and/miner/role ), miners can "use their skills to debilitate enemies with mineral compositions", and this was mentioned by the old dev team a long time ago. Are there still plans in place to implement this idea?
    Will you please get rid of the +1 and +2 items in gathering? It is redundant and takes up too much inventory space.
    Will you implement some kind of "party gathering" system in place? Right now, gathering is a very lonely activity.
    Will you add new gathering mini-games? The current "hot-and-cold" minigame is very boring.
    Why aren't there any mining nodes in Copperbell and Nanawa Mines? After all, they are mines.

Will you implement hybrid guildleves and quests that require a mix of Disciples of Land/Hand/War/Magic? For example, having a gatherer harvest items while a battle class has to fight off incoming monsters.

It is very inconvenient for Regional Leves to share both gathering and battle leves. Will you give gathering leves its own category?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Doctor Mog
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 51
    My question:

will I ever be able to help out in battle on my gathering class?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Elkwood Davidson
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Here are the questions from some members in our linkshell

Will you consider re-adding party based play to gathering as it was in Alpha?
    Do you plan on adding any type of Gardening similar to XI in the future?
    Why are Regional Leves Shared for Gathering and Battle? Is there any plans in the future to remove this restriction?
    Currently Gathering is subject to multiple types of fatigue, Not only Surplus but also a specific Zone fatigue, are there any plans to remove the soft restrictions on gathering as they are a normal class just like anything else in game.
    (6)

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast