Player
    Character
    Uify Neptune
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 65

gathering in nature

As to my understanding, gathering should be related with nature from all perspects not just geographically.

Is it possible to relate mining to different kinda stones or terrain not just one spot with different levels?

Is it possible to relate fishing with seasons?

woodcutting should be related to seasons and weather. Please could we have something like a tree camp that you can see the difference with seasons visually not just a shining spot. You guys did it great in ff11 with all the seasonal change on trees. I'm not asking the whole area but at least in some camps.

To be honest, I figure gathering and crafting are what make FFXIV a different game from XI I can see it from your design on trading system which is great from the beginning if someone is actually doing a full time crafter or full time gatherer, but you have to make that job attractive enuf to actually make ppl stay as that job, now I can only see the game is going to become another ff11 which is very dissapointing
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Renta Hamster
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Isn't this thread about "crafting"?

At any rate, very nice. There were some good questions on the JPN side, let's do the same on the ENG side as well!
    (3)

Player

Awesome! This is a great idea.
    (1)

Player

Is the low SP given off gathering going to be raised any?
    Will higher grades be released soon?
    Will gathering nodes be increased to mainstream gathering?
    Will the SP requirement be reduced for gathereres, as it greatly differs from dow/dom?
    Will gathering leves be on their own separate system beyond DoW/DoM leves?
    As it stands now, you get extremely small amounts the higher you rank up... It is like grinding at rank 40 on a dow/dom on rank 20 monsters! And with the item fatigue and the surplus fatigue, it is silly to rank this up with multiple artificial barriers. And with the guild leves, I would love to do gathering leves but can only choose one or two a reset if that. I would like all the leves to have their own counter system.

Just in case you guys do a Q&A on crafting :<
    Will the SP be increased at higher ranks?
    At the current rate, you have to grind on low ranking synths with cumbersome requirements for materials.
    Will the SP requirement be reduced for crafting, as it greatly differs from dow/dom?
    Dow/Dom can grind on 800+ per monsters at the mid-to-high 40s, I hope this will be replicated on crafting as well.
    (3)
    Last edited by ApplePie; 06-01-2011 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Additional Question

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLeviathan
    Prolly live in their mommy's basement playing the game 23/7.

Player
    Character
    Griss Stilgar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Due to the lack of access to tier 6 gathering nodes, Coupled with gathering fatigue and low sp gain from having working tier 5's long past there target skill ranks. Getting miner or botanist to rank 50 is currently a near herculean task. Are there currently any plans to help alleviate this problem?
    The Eluder ability's buy able with guild marks have been found by the community to be not worth while. Primarily due to the ability only allowing you to bypass one aggressive monster coupled with there lengthy cool downs. Any plans about tweaking them in the future so they are useful?
    Edited post due to it being moved*
    (1)
    Last edited by Griss; 06-01-2011 at 10:57 AM.
    An Aware, Informed, and Critical community is vital for the success of a game.
    ~ John "Totalbiscuit" Bain

As you may have seen our recent Battle Q&A where we gathered up comments from various threads and went over them with the Battle team. Well, we'd like to hold another similar Q&A this week that focuses on Gathering. (We would like to hold Q&A in this fashion on a specific theme every 2-3 weeks, but we are still in the planning stages at this time.)

Theme: Gathering (anything related to this is fair game)

To help us in the collection and reporting of your questions, it would help if you could please abide by the following guidelines:

How to ask/format your questions -
    • Please ask your questions using the BB code “quote” ([quote ]Question[/quote ] without the spaces!)

Good Example:
      Here's my question.
      Bad example:
      - My question is about this.
      - I have one more question about this.
      - Also have a question related to this.
    • Please make your questions as concise as possible. Try and limit them to about 2 lines.
    • Please make the question easy to understand (Don’t refer to other posts, etc.)
    • It’s OK to list multiple questions in one post. Just make each question has its own quote (As for the above bad example, please split up the questions/quotes)
    • Please keep your questions in the quote format - you can discuss things outside of it, but we will focus on the questions specifically during the collection period.

- The deadline to get your questions in is Sunday, 6/5.
    - Depending on the amount of questions we receive, we will answer the questions next Monday or Tuesday.
    - We won't be answering any questions that are not clear or not related to the theme.

Have at it! (Now in a more appropriate location!)
    (26)

Player
    Character
    Renta Hamster
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Yeah I should probably have posted this in the correct thread... lol One sec!
    lol!

If this is to become a regular thing every 2-3 weeks (hopefully it can be every 1-2 weeks! Might be too much to ask for, though), you probably should just start your own thread. Like, "Official Dev Q&A! This weeks's theme: GATHERING" or something like that.

It would probably get more recognition if we can see that the thread creator is a CR.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Lienn Deleene
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Cool! Having such Q&A posts are very interesting (except by the "we will look into it"...if this is the answer then it shouldn't be added to post, leaving the spot for a question that has an answer).

About gathering i got some questions:

Are the current dungeons going to receive gathering points? Its very sad having mines and not being able to mine there or seeing all those shiny fungi of Cassiopeia Hollow and not being able to harvest them.
    Are we going to have new methods of gathering, like new secundary tools for different nodes?
    Is shepherd coming anytime soon?
    Are there plan of making certain actions from DoL usable by DoW/M and vice-verse?
    Is there any parrty content planned for DoL? Would be nice seeing a way of them partying with other gatherers or even with other classes/jobs.
    Any chance of having jobs coming from DoL classes?
    Is there any grind mechanic that is not loot based planned for them? Something that isn't affected by gathering fatigue!
    Any chance of guildleves becoming immune to gathering fatigue? Its terribly annoying you passing an entire leve without fishing a single fish due fatigue.
    Does moon/weather affects fishing performance?
    (9)
    Last edited by Lienn; 06-01-2011 at 11:30 PM. Reason: added more questions...i'm too curious ><

Player
    Character
    Micro Jade
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 18
    My question <_<

How do you feel about the leveling speed of gatherers compared to other classes?
    (6)
    C8H10N4O2

Player
    Character
    Jayvir Deforte
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I got a question referring to the Materia system and gathering if it can be answered

As far as we are aware, Catalysts for Materia will be obtained via gathering classes. Will each gathering class get unique Materia? In other words, will Fishers get catalysts that Miners will not have access to?
    It takes way too long to level a gathering class in comparison to a battle class. Any way to speed gathering up or slow battle down?
    (5)
    Last edited by JayvirDeforte; 06-04-2011 at 09:25 AM.

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast