Character
    Obei Kinstar
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60

Suggestion for beginning a craft

Good Morning

I find it rather backwards that you could become a lvl50 crafter without ever stepping foot into the guild. I think it would help immersion if you had to travel to the leatherworkers guild to be able to start leatherworking. This would also help with people exploring and seeing different areas.
    (3)
    <cool FFXIV image here>

Player
    Character
    Mikita Nightsong
    World
    Anima
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ObeiKinstar View Post
    Good Morning

I find it rather backwards that you could become a lvl50 crafter without ever stepping foot into the guild. I think it would help immersion if you had to travel to the leatherworkers guild to be able to start leatherworking. This would also help with people exploring and seeing different areas.
    Good morning.

Are you talking about implementing this only for the very first time someone wants to try a new craft? Not every time they want to perform the craft?

Even if they did require people to travel to the guilds, I feel that many players do at least visit the 3 cities fairly early in the game, so maybe requiring the guild visits will not necessary encourage exploring any more than they do now.

While it is not an absolute requirement to reach R50, I'd guess that most people who progress to anything beyond R20 or so will eventually visit the relevant guild because more difficult recipes benefit from the training books that you can buy at guilds -- which can only be bought after joining the guild and with the appropriate Guildmarks. There are some training book overlaps between guilds, but usually there are some that you can only buy at the relevant guild.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Obei Kinstar
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Are you talking about implementing this only for the very first time someone wants to try a new craft? Not every time they want to perform the craft?
    Yes, just for the very first time

I agree with what you have said, I just feel like it would help add a layer of immersion to help draw players into the game and make the world seem more real.
    (0)
    <cool FFXIV image here>