Player
    Character
    Taemek Frozenberg
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50

Concerns about Content Patch 2.1

So my main concerns are retaining players to the game while people run the same content over and over again like drones before new content is released.

It matters not here if you class yourself as a casual or hardcore player, the fact is, 2.1 is looking to be released after the New Year and in my honest opinion, with the current content that is here, that is too long to wait and people will start looking for greener pastures.

SE needs to review how much content they are willing to separate from 2.1 and release it in smaller more consistent patches instead to keep people wanting and having a reason to log in to the game.

Casual players who haven't or do not wish to run Coil can only run Primals and WP/AK or level up off Fates so many times before it just gets old, and trust me, after your 6th and 7th level 50, Fates and grinding WP/AK gets old, really fast.

I would like to suggest that they release the smaller content upgrades i.e. Extreme Primals, Hard mode Dungeons & their Daily Quest Factions (Wolves Den, Beast Tribe and Treasure Hunt) before the release of 2.1 and then focus all their attention on 2.1 and maybe even putting housing in to 2.1 to replace these from being added to the game earlier.

Something needs to be done or players are going to start leaving, which has already started on a small scale at the moment, give it another month and the bail boat will have sailed with the release of a few new MMORPG's on the horizon.
    (105)
    Last edited by Taemek; 11-12-2013 at 09:22 AM.

Player
    Character
    Terius Palemoon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Incoming whiteknights vs doomsayers thread.
    (47)

Player
    Character
    Squishy Pants
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I personally would like to see some of the quality of life enhancements introduced sooner than later.

An exmaple would be having to wait months for an easy way to report RMT is just bad design imo. The entire community is begging for it, its an easy hook to the blist add functionality already in the game the arbitrary wait for it just seems silly. I get you are working on some cooler bigger things but why should a simple change such as this require QA of the new raid to be completed before implementation?
    (25)

Player
    Character
    Taemek Frozenberg
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Terius View Post
    Incoming whiteknights vs doomsayers thread.
    The writing is on the wall, to say something like this is just naïve not to mention, delusional.

I have been joining Fate groups levelling up another Job Role this week and a lot of people are bored, unhappy with current content or just filling time here until <insert next MMORPG name here> game comes out.

I have felt the pinch in my guild also and I am willing to bet a lot of other guild leaders are also feeling the pinch from players getting bored and going to other games.

Natural attrition is inevitable, this early though is a concern.
    (23)

Player
    Character
    Portfolio Moa
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 33
    My only problem with 2.1 is that SE is adding FC housing instead of player housing first. This totally out of common sense to me. People would be alot happier if they could already buy their own houses. Content wise I see no problem. There is alot other stuff to do besides running endgame dungeons. People just limit themselves with doing only endgame dungeon content.
    (19)

Player
    Character
    Kizuna Astin
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    while i do agree it a bit boring to run have a limit choice of endgame place. This is nothing new in MMO, I have yet to see any mmo that have enough content at its release.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Taemek Frozenberg
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by roohan View Post
    My only problem with 2.1 is that SE is adding FC housing instead of player housing first. This totally out of common sense to me. People would be alot happier if they could already buy their own houses. Content wise I see no problem. There is alot other stuff to do besides running endgame dungeons. People just limit themselves with doing only endgame dungeon content.
    People limit themselves to only running Dungeons, because that's all there is to do......

If you aren't running Coil you are running Dungeons
    If you aren't running Dungeons you are levelling other Job roles via Fates
    If you aren't levelling another Job role you are grinding Crafts & Gatherable Jobs
    If you have done all the above OR done what of all the above you set out to achieve, you are bored.

None of the above requires you to experience anything new that you haven't already done, it merely supports a grind mentality which I am not complaining about per say myself. I am merely pointing out that the bail out bandwagon is beginning. I've lost players in my guild due to it, I know other Guild leaders having issues recruiting and losing players daily and I am seeing it in Fate groups in just general chat both in party and shout.

Again, this is not a simple casual vs. hardcore argument here, this covers both casual and hardcore gamers alike.

It is easy to live in a bubble and ignore the outside world where everything seems fine from your perspective, but that's not how everyone plays.
    (44)
    Last edited by Taemek; 11-12-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Player
    Character
    Taemek Frozenberg
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Remn View Post
    while i do agree it a bit boring to run have a limit choice of endgame place. This is nothing new in MMO, I have yet to see any mmo that have enough content at its release.
    They used to release enough content to last over a year once upon a time.

People who are willing to pay for this garbage today are the reason why the standard of gaming quality has dropped to what it is today. It just gives companies an excuse to milk the cow.

Anyways, lets not go there. That is another whole topic on it's own.
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Arkista Valentine
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    You are correct and the only thing that is going to solve it is if 2.2 Is like a month after 2.1. And to all the white knights please tell me what is going to happen when more than 50% of the population is doing nothing but coils turn1-5 for the next 6-8 months after 2.1? I don't know what the plans for Extreme fights but I doubt they are going to be dropping gear/weapons so I doubt that will be much incentive to run those over and over.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Tryst Wildkey
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by roohan View Post
    My only problem with 2.1 is that SE is adding FC housing instead of player housing first. This totally out of common sense to me. People would be alot happier if they could already buy their own houses.
    I can understand their decision on this. Instance servers had, and still have, a lot of stress due to so many people accessing them all of the time. Housing is also instanced. If they did individual housing first, they'd most likely have overloaded instance servers all of the time. With FC housing first, you're automatically limited with regard to the number of houses that can be purchased. This allows them to see the stress involved and adjust accordingly. The result (hopefully) will be that when player housing is introduced, they have instance servers that are more optimized and can handle the load.
    (10)

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast