Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Fey Darkwalker
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Nice to have an insight on your processes but I still don't understand the inability to up the dungeon exp now. It's not something that requires testing presumably, just an adjustment to the exp modifier. Why penalise people wanting to level some way other than Fates in the interim when it's something that takes minimal effort and would garner you a massive amount of goodwill from the playerbase?
    (5)

Character
    Empereur Souther
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    +1 Grizz, after up 4 level 50 with fate, i can't do any fate now, i want xp in dungeon :/
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Denzel Taru
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Dang, I thought for sure that would actually have a date in it. I guess we're still in the dark.
    some people are never happy lol..

in his last paragraph yoshi-p says "just a few weeks away" now unless that was translated for him and wrongly "a few weeks" is less than "a month" otherwise he would have said "a month away" "just over a month away" so i would suspect that we are looking at a date close to but not after 20/12/2013 (12/20/2013)
    (7)

Latest Video: The ill FATE of a Ninja https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKVZ-biCMpg

Player
    Character
    Inanna Sappho
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Always great to hear you break down what's going on in development. The more I know about how this game is being made, the more I appreciate it. And I just learn so much about game development.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Akio Shikimazu
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I think that patch 2.1 will come with the end of the Lightning Returns event - or maybe 1 week later, to complete the Lightning/Snow style with the hairstyles that come with 2.1
    can't wait already ^^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Titania Basilikos
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Thank you for the update, Yoshi-P. It's really frustrating trying to explain to people why it's not easy to "just fix it in a patch" immediately so it makes a big difference coming from you. The code base for this game is huge and any change, no matter how seemingly small, may have unexpected and wide-ranging effects on the game. Just look at how the weekly maintenances have had varying impacts on server stability, even as they've been rolling out requested fixes and improvements. Messing with the code has a cost which is why it's faster and safer to test it all at once and roll it out in one big package.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Radius Braveheart
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Dang, I thought for sure that would actually have a date in it. I guess we're still in the dark.
    If you read it closely, not sure if he ment for it to slip, BUT

This is when 2.1 was suppose to come out, but due to server issues, they had to delay it by 4 weeks. Which means the week before Christmas is when 2.1 will come out.

And of course,let's not forget that this is the SAME week the first batch of 3 month subscribers has to renew their subs, AND 2 weeks before the 2nd batch.. lol in other words they are holding it off for the money to make people renew because of the new content instead of releasing it as scheduled and giving people 1 month to get bored of it and not renew...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Baladas Jabarim
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by DenzelTaru View Post
    some people are never happy lol..

in his last paragraph yoshi-p says "just a few weeks away" now unless that was translated for him and wrongly "a few weeks" is less than "a month" otherwise he would have said "a month away" "just over a month away" so i would suspect that we are looking at a date close to but not after 20/12/2013 (12/20/2013)
    They also said a patch every 3 months, and we can all see how that turned out. The fact that they had to halt development on the patch to deal with the server stability issues (which I understand were well known in beta) shows how seriously we can take the estimates of this team.

If there is no date, it means they aren't sure it will be released and don't want to be held responsible for missing another release date. "A few weeks" could mean a couple of months (after all, 7 weeks could still be a "few").

Don't get me wrong, I understand that it would be terrible for the long term success of the game if they delayed patch 2.1 again -- but there is no guarantee that companies will actually act in their own best interests.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xerius Falconbridge
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    2.1 will usher in sweeping improvements across the board, thus laying a solid foundation for the possibility of patch series in the future. We’ll continue to monitor the situation after patch 2.1 and review our operations policy as we go along.
    Isn't "...laying a solid foundation for the possiblity of patch series in the future" sort of the point of the launch?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Loken Kaiser
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    People are complaining that there is not enough content and they promised content every 3 months! I really don't see what all the fuss is about. Sure if were to only focus on my BLM I can see me being bored of end game content but i don't. I take full advantage of all the other things i can do with in the game. I leveled some crafting. I leveled different classes to try different play styles. I played around in the money market to figure out what sells and what doesn't. I spend time exploring the world and finding out new different areas. I spent some time getting fate achievements. I invited my friends to play with me and we created an FC in which we then had fun running dungeons. I play about 3-4 hours a day, you can call me casual or whatever but I actually have fun playing this game. The 2.1 patch has come at it most convenient time and I am glad they are not falling under the pressure of the community for early release. I rather have a finished product than a polished turd.
    (5)

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast