Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Davion Crismorn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    You will never have enough content ever again. You might as well stop looking and find another hobby you can sink 8+ hrs a day into or... Get a career. Second career or possibly a family. IB4 I only play 10 mins a day 3 days a month and have everything on farm..
    (0)

Character
    Reisz Rie
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    In terms of content, I feel that there are plenty of content in FFXIV, what I notice though, is that some players are focusing only on 1 type of content and ignoring the rest, thus leading to the perceived lack of content.

On the other-hand, I do believe that FFXIV needs entertainment, content that isn't related to levelling up or collecting gear but simply for entertainment, be it a movie theatre or a chocobo racing track.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Delenia Forcentis
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Just my 2 gil:

- New dungeon (Pharos Sirius): I love dungeons. I'd run WP 400 times if I have to. It's a grind for others, but for me it's fun. I don't run for philo stones or gear drops however - I run for spiritbonding runs. I also run with friends, and we enjoy some laughs. If this dungeon is fun, I'd run it 400 times if I want to, too.
    - New hardmode dungeons: As with above, always welcome. A Brayflox Hard Mode might finally get me off the WP runs for a breather and farm my Battlemage set.
    - New primal (Good King Moggle Mog XIII, or whatever his name was): Another welcome change. I hope the fight is fun.
    - Extreme mode primals: Looking forward to this. I have a friend who's pretty much a Titan HM addict, and this will probably push the addiction further (he's at the point of no return, actually!)
    - Crystal Tower: I am REALLY looking forward to this. Besides gearing alts, and piecing up whatever iLv70 I still have on my main class, it'll be fun to try entering from different points of the dungeon for the experience. Gathering 24 like-minded people for regular runs might be tough, but if there's a party to do it, I'd always offer my services as I can.
    - Housing: Again, looking forward to this. I hope I can level some of my other craft classes in time for this patch. I have a LV50 BSM and GSM ready to go.
    - Wolves' Den (PVP): This is admittedly the only part of the patch, to which I feel indifferent towards. I am not much of a PvP person, since it brings out the competitiveness in me, to the point where I can't enjoy it with friends because I am more about winning, rather than messing around. Some of my friends are excited for this however, so I guess it will be a welcome change too, might help kill the boredom between farming runs.
    - Beastmen Daily Quest: Looking forward to it.
    - Duty Finder changes: Honestly, a little skeptical, as I don't use the DF very much anyway. But if the MVP system is implemented, I can see it possibly having a positive impact on the community.

There's so many things I'm looking forward for 2.1. I can't see why people are up in arms already about the announced content.

- "Doesn't interest me": If you have not tried it, how would you know it won't be fun?
    - "Crystal Tower gear is worse than Coil gear, no point running it": Again, there are people who run dungeons for fun. I mentioned I have a friend who is a Titan HM addict, he's probably done Titan HM like 100 - 200 times. All because he finds it fun. He has a Relic +1 and he outgears Titan weapons, would you then ask what's the point of running it? He enjoys the fight, simple as that, and nobody should berate him or call him abnormal for having fun.
    - "PVP is gonna be buggy as hell": As mentioned above, I am skeptical, but I remain interested to see how they will handle PVP, and what kind of effects it will have on the PVE side of the game. But I'm sure SE will pull it off just fine, even if the initial launch may (expectedly) be buggy.
    - "I got no interest in the current content, 2.1 is taking too long to come out": People have mentioned that this game is not the be all end all game to play. Take a break, cancel your sub for a month, and come back after a month, and see if it interests you then. If not, it's probably not the game for you.

The socializing aspect of this game is the strongest factor in keeping me going with this game, this is what makes the WP or Titan HM runs fun for me. I enjoy being a people person too, so I level crafting to help out other people with crafts. I also have a LV50 Miner, the grind was made less tedious thanks to YouTube, and friends. I have a great FC, and I have great friends. We all like doing the same content together, and have fun in doing so. For those from 1.0 who are saying they've done everything, take a break. You can eat chicken for lunch everyday, but if you get bored of it, switch to beef for a week or so instead. I'm sure you won't complain chicken is boring, but still force yourself to eat chicken anyway.

The only thing here that needs to be changed, imo, are your perspectives. The game is not always about progression. Stop and take some time to smell the roses, and appreciate the skyline. Make some friends. This is a fantastic game, and the announced content for 2.1 already has me salivating.

FFXIV: ARR is my first subscription/WoW-based MMO. I've only ever played F2P Asian MMO's. That should not invalidate my point however.
    (2)
    Last edited by juniglee; 11-19-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kamelia Aegis
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 77
    Quote Originally Posted by roohan View Post
    My only problem with 2.1 is that SE is adding FC housing instead of player housing first. This totally out of common sense to me. People would be alot happier if they could already buy their own houses. Content wise I see no problem. There is alot other stuff to do besides running endgame dungeons. People just limit themselves with doing only endgame dungeon content.
    It is easier for them to see how things are going with a much smaller housing system (FC) and then (potentially) correct some of those issues and not have them impact most once personal housing is released. As opposed to having over 1 million new houses at once, they might only have to deal with a couple of hundred or so, maybe a thousand. So I understand why they want FC first, but the delay in giving us the FC housing is increasing gamer frustration instead of building suspense/excitement. Most people aren't happily waiting for this update, they are sick and tired of waiting for this update of which has no release date in sight. When is does get released, it's not gonna be a "yay we have FC housing now," it's gonna be more like, "about freakin time they released this, they sure took their sweet ass time for something that is identical to what they showed us in videos a few months ago, what they hell took them so long?"

Another note, I absolute hate this update system they have in place, I liked old FFXIV update system much better. They would release 0.01 updates instead of 0.1 updates. So right now we would be 2.07 and would probably already have the housing implemented (we've all seen the videos of the housing system working, so they aren't in the middle of designing/creating it, it's most likely done with them doing minor touch-ups here and there while we wait forever to use something that should have been in 2.0 from launch.) Instead we have a major update system, where the players wait an extended period with little to no patience, for you to release a 0.1 where you could have released seven 0.01 updates and mini updates like 0.1b. Making us wait for stuff that's done just because you want to release it all at once isn't something that is liked by many of your customers, in fact it's hated by many.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Taemek Frozenberg
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Davionx View Post
    You will never have enough content ever again. You might as well stop looking and find another hobby you can sink 8+ hrs a day into or... Get a career. Second career or possibly a family. IB4 I only play 10 mins a day 3 days a month and have everything on farm..
    On the contrary, I am married in my mid 30's, have 4 children, work a rostered shift change full time job working 52 hours a week, capable of a garden that is on display in my area once a year and has been Winner of best garden in my city 3 times over the past 10 years, help my children with home work and after hours schooling and in and during all that, I run and organize a guild for sometimes multiple games.

Just because someone can micro manage their time more efficiently then you doesn't automatically make them a basement dwelling, angry teenage kid who hates life and takes his/her frustration out over the internet.
    (3)

Player

If you do 2 WP SRs a day (25 minutes a day in an average/meh group)... You will still cap out. Do Coil. Now you have 2 more hours to play on a Monday, half of which is 'Some Mage will log on in 10min just texted me' or 'brb cigarette'.

That doesn't take much to manage on any lifestyle.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Silver Healer
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I log in and go to the inn and sit there playing with myself thinking how amazing the walls look . I cant wait for player housing as well so I can sit in my house and dream about doing dungeons and stuff . just cant wait really just cant wait .
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Silver Healer
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Davionx View Post
    They could decrease the amount of tomes gained per run by 80% and lower xp gain by 250% , then people would have to play more to achieve what they are now . But people would rather them increase tomes and xp rather than decrease hehe
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Cegiana View Post
    Another note, I absolute hate this update system they have in place, I liked old FFXIV update system much better. They would release 0.01 updates instead of 0.1 updates. So right now we would be 2.07 and would probably already have the housing implemented (we've all seen the videos of the housing system working, so they aren't in the middle of designing/creating it, it's most likely done with them doing minor touch-ups here and there while we wait forever to use something that should have been in 2.0 from launch.) Instead we have a major update system, where the players wait an extended period with little to no patience, for you to release a 0.1 where you could have released seven 0.01 updates and mini updates like 0.1b. Making us wait for stuff that's done just because you want to release it all at once isn't something that is liked by many of your customers, in fact it's hated by many.
    With the old FF XIV update system we would be at 2.0a or 2.0b (the small updates between the main updates had always letters, not a number) with FC housing still coming in 2.1, because it would be big enough for a main update.
    Who say it is done already and that the devs don't do still some tweaks here and there?
    (0)
    Last edited by Felis; 11-20-2013 at 10:07 AM.

Player
    Character
    Taemek Frozenberg
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Grailer View Post
    I log in and go to the inn and sit there playing with myself thinking how amazing the walls look . I cant wait for player housing as well so I can sit in my house and dream about doing dungeons and stuff . just cant wait really just cant wait .
    Well, by the time Player housing is released, you will be blind from the amount of playing with yourself has caused which won't be until 2.2 and you won't be able to see it to appreciate it!!!!. Either blind or calices, or both.....
    (0)

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast