Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Character
    The Chairman
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Your Garuda weapon, Wanderer's Palace gear and a MRD alt qualify you to talk about endgame? Did you intentionally dig that hole deeper? Do you not know that there's an AF1+ set?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Schatten Feuer
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Charas View Post
    A bite!
    Leveling multiple classes changes the game quite drastically. I've seen several players start to get burnt out on one job, level another, and suddenly enjoy learning AK/WP/Primals all over again. And crafting isn't just part of the game, its a HUGE part of the game. There are NINE crafting classes, and THREE gathering classes. Its more than 50% of the games available classes, and the end game crafts are a challenge all on their own. Seriously, watching one of my FC's crafters swear into his mike over a missed ability, or a non-HQ synth, or the final successful HQ is the same set of responses as most players have in their first Titan HM. Someone who has only played 15% of the game shouldn't be complaining that there isn't enough content. Just because there is not enough content for YOU, doesn't mean I don't have thousands of hours of play time WITHOUT 2.1.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Schatten Feuer
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Taemek View Post
    http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...acter/4904941/

+

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...acter/3227634/

Makes me more qualified then you if you want to play that game, also, if you started from the beginning and read every single page in this thread, you would see we went over this already.

Grinding crafts that require almost no effort or skill and is purely based upon RNG for success that you can program with a Logitech mouse or keyboard doesn't make you an expert at anything I am sorry to say.

Sorry for the regurgitation, we did address the whole issue many pages ago.

I still don't see any 46+ gathering classes, which means you still haven't seen the final nodes, or worked on maxing those out.

On top of that, Four level 50 DoW/DoM classes, with at least one job without a relic? Please, I have more relics than you have 50s. Every new job at 50 is a new way to play.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Taemek Frozenberg
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by HunkyJimpjorps View Post
    Your Garuda weapon, Wanderer's Palace gear and a MRD alt qualify you to talk about endgame? Did you intentionally dig that hole deeper? Do you not know that there's an AF1+ set?
    Cause I farmed two sets already and can't honestly be bothered to farm another 2 sets + another 2 relics. Again gone over this since the first page, you would probably save yourself some time by reading it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Taemek Frozenberg
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by BobtheBlackMage View Post
    Leveling multiple classes changes the game quite drastically. I've seen several players start to get burnt out on one job, level another, and suddenly enjoy learning AK/WP/Primals all over again. And crafting isn't just part of the game, its a HUGE part of the game. There are NINE crafting classes, and THREE gathering classes. Its more than 50% of the games available classes, and the end game crafts are a challenge all on their own. Seriously, watching one of my FC's crafters swear into his mike over a missed ability, or a non-HQ synth, or the final successful HQ is the same set of responses as most players have in their first Titan HM. Someone who has only played 15% of the game shouldn't be complaining that there isn't enough content. Just because there is not enough content for YOU, doesn't mean I don't have thousands of hours of play time WITHOUT 2.1.
    I still don't see any 46+ gathering classes, which means you still haven't seen the final nodes, or worked on maxing those out.

On top of that, Four level 50 DoW/DoM classes, with at least one job without a relic? Please, I have more relics than you have 50s. Every new job at 50 is a new way to play.
    This thread has nothing to do with itemization, you would know that if you read it from page 1 and using your first posts analogy, I have covered all possible play styles from healing, tanking, melee dps & ranged dps. Nice try though.

It goes to show how shallow your feeble mind is when you think Relics are anything special when people do 100% kill runs for free now.....
    (1)
    Last edited by Taemek; 11-19-2013 at 08:33 AM.

Player
    Character
    Schatten Feuer
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Whiny Snip
    Each class is drastically different from one another. Just because they share a role doesn't mean playing MNK and DRG are not a far cry from another. You've played BLM, and probably enjoyed the rapid-fire explosions, but you havn't tried the steady deaths and pet micro of SMN, you've played WHM but not SCH, never learned how to rip major damage while your pet keeps your group alive. You've tanked as a WAR, but you haven't used a combination of CDs and your own stoneskin to reduce a Mountain Buster to 500 damage. You haven't tried to work up a perfect grab on a high-level node, and seen the difference between make 2k in a few seconds to making 30k. You just have not played yet.

And if Relics are so easy, why don't you have them?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Taemek Frozenberg
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Each class is drastically different from one another. Just because they share a role doesn't mean playing MNK and DRG are not a far cry from another. You've played BLM, and probably enjoyed the rapid-fire explosions, but you havn't tried the steady deaths and pet micro of SMN, you've played WHM but not SCH, never learned how to rip major damage while your pet keeps your group alive. You've tanked as a WAR, but you haven't used a combination of CDs and your own stoneskin to reduce a Mountain Buster to 500 damage. You haven't tried to work up a perfect grab on a high-level node, and seen the difference between make 2k in a few seconds to making 30k. You just have not played yet.

And if Relics are so easy, why don't you have them?
    Not here to argue schematics with you even though I could, however this is not the point of the thread.

You are talking about flavour that appeals to a persons individuality. Some people like crafting, some don't. Some like gathering, some don't. Some people like pet based classes, some don't. Some people like DoT based classes and some don't and we could go on and on and on, but what's the point here? Flavour appeals to people in different ways. Do I have to sit down and do something I do not enjoy to be acknowledged by the likes of you to be deemed worthy enough to be qualified on how content should be implemented in to this game to help retain players and keep them actively logging? See what I did here? Your points have nothing to do with content instalments or how to help players keep playing because using your analogy, people need to have all level 50's of everything possible to be quantify an educated form of feedback, I think the majority of the player base would not agree with scratching out their eye balls simply because you say so.

Are you saying Relics are a challenge at this point content wise?

I have achieved what I set out to achieve except completing Turn 5 in Coil, and I may never achieve it. I am willing to accept that given what I have achieved.
    (2)
    Last edited by Taemek; 11-19-2013 at 09:30 AM.

Player

Well the topic has strayed from my thoughts on the matter a bit, but here they are anyway.

The problem with 2.1-

Leveling to 50 is very fast even if you don't play often. = You get to end game quickly. Once you arrive-

DL and Relic are quick and easy. You'll casually have full DL by the time you have the myth to +1 a relic. The hardest part is finding others that will form a plumes line and bait landslide with you after heart. This covers 3 - 4 weeks of end game even if you only run 1-2 WPs a day.

After that the next step is Best in Slot gear. This comes from 2 pieces of content, both of which have rather small (time wise) weekly caps.

You can't go after BiS gear on more than 1 job at a time. Well you technically could. It is just not a good idea if you want to clear Turn 5 in a timely manner.

With the info we have so far, and unless I missed it in the previous 18 pages, 2.1 will fix none of this. You will now have a new (possibly capped) way to gear your alts in better than darklight but not quite BiS. So you can gear them in BiS easier when you get to that point..? I guess. You definitely don't need CT gear for coil when T5 has already been downed (in better gear).

You can do everything end game less Turn 5 with token gear / +1. An 'in the middle' raid just doesn't make any sense at this point. The rest of the patch is great but adds no real meat to end game... which is what the game needs at this point more than FC housing and Arena PvP.
    (1)
    Last edited by Yashnaheen; 11-19-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Player
    Character
    Schatten Feuer
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    So much circular special snowflake BS.
    You can't comment on there not being content if you refuse to play it. The content has been put out, it is playable, many people enjoy it, judging by the tiny amount of people on this forum crying about it. You have chosen not to play. Good for you. Go away. Come back in three weeks when 2.1 is released. Quit coming to the forums and moaning about there not being enough for YOU personally. Most players can read the news, press releases, and dev posts about what is coming down the pipe, and are looking forward to everything that has been announced, and understand that it is right around the corner.

Also, that is a piss-poor outlook for an FC leader to have about your team's progress into turn 5. I wonder if they know how pessimistic you are about the game and their ability to move forward.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Taemek Frozenberg
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Yashnaheen View Post
    Well the topic has strayed from my thoughts on the matter a bit, but here they are anyway.

The problem with 2.1-

Leveling to 50 is very fast even if you don't play often. = You get to end game quickly. Once you arrive-

DL and Relic are quick and easy. You'll casually have full DL by the time you have the myth to +1 a relic. The hardest part is finding others that will form a plumes line and bait landslide with you after heart. This covers 3 - 4 weeks of end game even if you only run 1-2 WPs a day.

After that the next step is Best in Slot gear. This comes from 2 pieces of content, both of which have rather small (time wise) weekly caps.

You can't go after BiS gear on more than 1 job at a time. Well you technically could. It is just not a good idea if you want to clear Turn 5 in a timely manner.

With the info we have so far, and unless I missed it in the previous 18 pages, 2.1 will fix none of this. You will now have a new (possibly capped) way to gear your alts in better than darklight but not quite BiS. So you can gear them in BiS easier when you get to that point..? I guess. You definitely don't need CT gear for coil when T5 has already been downed (in better gear).

You can do everything end game less Turn 5 with token gear / +1. An 'in the middle' raid just doesn't make any sense at this point. The rest of the patch is great but adds no real meat to end game... which is what the game needs at this point more than FC housing and Arena PvP.
    Thank you for pulling it back on point and yes, that is what many of us fear and are trying to bring to light.
    (2)
    Last edited by Taemek; 11-19-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast