Player
    Character
    Ariana Deveraux
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

I really hope my Issue doesn't get nerfed

So I played Paladin 50 for about a week, finishing the main story quest series, beating Ultimate Weapon, starting Relic Weapon quest. All of this EXP pushed the little "bonus EXP" thing all the way past a full blue bar (562,000) for a few days. But I went and unlocked Miner and I LOST IT ALL - over half-a-million - GONE.

I submitted the report to a GM using "Support Desk" via the in-game interface. I was answered with "Go to SE Support and submit a trouble ticket." I did. THEY replied with "Submit an in-game bug report." I did that too, only to have someone on this forum try to "answer" it with "It's not a bug, you just used up a whole 'bar' going from Miner 1 to 2."

This is slowing down level progression of my other combat jobs because I simply do not have enough quests to get EXP. All that's left is FATE grinding or levequests.

Can I get some THOUGHT on my report before someone just shouts out a statement that doesn't answer my question?
    (0)
    Ariana Deveraux
    Masamune - Ul'Dah

Player
    Character
    Melfina Amastacia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    It doesn't work that way. Rested is a % of level(s). Caps out around 1.5-2 levels. So just because it's several hundred thousand for a high level class, doesn't mean you get that much for a low level one. Also, you didn't get it by getting XP past cap. It's rested XP, comes from being in a sanctuary.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Arete Sophoi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Bonus xp isn't a static number its percentile I'd assume that unlocking miner gave you a signficant percentage thus spending it all.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Tule Lycoris
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 61
    Did you level up on your miner? Cause I think the "bonus exp" in relative to your current job. In other words if you saved a full bar of bonus exp that is a full bar. Not 500k exp. But a bar. Meaning if you switched to miner and level up one, you might have actually USED what you saved up.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Semir No'haelis
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I'm not sure how you managed to get through the entire game before noticing how rested exp works.

There's even a quest that explains it as part of the newbie quest chain.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Ariana Deveraux
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I was literally watching as I was doing raid runs on Paladin at level 50. At first, I was under the impression that once you hit level 50, you just stopped getting EXP. However, as I kept clearing missions, my "rested EXP" bar kept getting bigger and bigger. I wasn't in a sanctuary. I never set foot in one. I just pushed through Castrum Meridianum and The Praetorium. I WATCHED this bar get bigger and bigger until it finally filled up and turned blue.

Clearly, that implies that the thousands and thousands of EXP from those runs were going somewhere.
    (0)
    Ariana Deveraux
    Masamune - Ul'Dah

Player
    Character
    Melfina Amastacia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by FFXIhealer View Post
    I was literally watching as I was doing raid runs on Paladin at level 50. At first, I was under the impression that once you hit level 50, you just stopped getting EXP. However, as I kept clearing missions, my "rested EXP" bar kept getting bigger and bigger. I wasn't in a sanctuary. I never set foot in one. I just pushed through Castrum Meridianum and The Praetorium. I WATCHED this bar get bigger and bigger until it finally filled up and turned blue.

Clearly, that implies that the thousands and thousands of EXP from those runs were going somewhere.
    It doesn't though. Any XP earned at cap does nothing. There is no mechanic in place for it. All there is, is rested.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Tule Lycoris
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 61
    No. Doesn't work that way.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ariana Deveraux
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    But my point is, it's a possible flaw in the game mechanic and people just keep trying to tell me "that's how it is."
    (0)
    Ariana Deveraux
    Masamune - Ul'Dah

Player
    Character
    Melfina Amastacia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by FFXIhealer View Post
    But my point is, it's a possible flaw in the game mechanic and people just keep trying to tell me "that's how it is."
    Except it's not. It really IS that way. You don't earn bonus XP by doing quests and such at Cap. There is only rested XP, which slowly accumulates when in a Sanctuary, online or offline. This rested XP is also, as we have said, a percentage of a level, capping out around 150% to 200% or 1.5 to 2 levels. It's not a fixed amount of XP. This is explained in game like one person said, and is pretty much the same way OTHER games do it as well.
    (5)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast