Player
    Character
    Arkista Valentine
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahtari View Post
    That cap is the only thing keeping people around. Why would you want them to get rid of it?
    This is my Rant sorry in advanced.

That's the point The Weekly Cap is the only thing keeping people around..... SE already has my money for 3 months and when those 3 months are up I will pay another 3 months get it? If they want to keep getting my money every 3 months then they need to change it. TBH I could care less for CoB we have no other end game content that will give us better gear than CoB has to offer now, When 2.2 comes then we may have better stuff but until then you have another 4-8 months of CoB turn1-5 so there is plenty of time.

But what pisses me off is there is a weekly Cap I can't take a break from the game for more than 6 days cause I have to cap out if I want to get better gear. I cant take a break for a month until 2.1 comes out or until 2.2 because I would be losing out on gear. I PAID my money for 3 months and I know I wasn't the only one I'm sure some paid for 6.

The only reason SE has even put a cap on Myth tomes is so people will pay and keep paying. Yes there are people who play month to month and if they got all their relic gear in 2-3 days they wouldn't stick around but I bet you they would cause there are plenty of jobs to level and gear and you wont be rocking all relic in 2-3 days.

No cap would give me incentive to keep playing. I login 2 days a week now and that is for coils and to cap myth for the week. And I know that a lot of people are doing the same I see it in many threads. I was in the process of leveling other jobs to 50 just so when CT comes out I would have plenty of stuff to do to keep me busy. I leveled 3 crafts to 50 and another otw. So there is a lot of stuff for me to do in the game but its all becoming mind numbing, I would love to take a break and come back in a month or so when 2.1 comes out. But because we have a weekly Cap I don't want to fall behind.

And if anything the Cap is breaking this game. FFXIV has a lot of potential down the road I can see it, It takes time.

Lets not forget that at some point we will be getting 2 more sets of Tomes............
    (2)
    Last edited by Arkista; 11-10-2013 at 09:08 AM.

Player
    Character
    Vindicate Doomcaller
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Wow I've never read so much junk like here. Is everyone crying about the 3 months subscription and compare it to the weekly mytho cap? Seriously is it all about those 30 bucks?
    The next major content will be released in december and it will contain CT with Ilvl80 drops, remaining ilvl90 still the top. Would be pretty stupid of them to remove the cap or increase it, so everyone can run around with full ilvl90 bought from NPC before CT comes out, sounds legit.
    And tbh, no player is using an entire Mythology Set, there is always a mix of allagan and Mytho to get the best stat build out of it.

Oh and if players claim to equip more classes with mytho gear and whatsoever, then go get some fresh air or focus your mainchar before others, exceptions are if you are that stupid lucky in drops in Bc, but I doubt it :x
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Einsof Zeb
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Without the cap, getting some of the "best" gear becomes a joke like so much of the other content. Not that making it artificially difficult to obtain is a good thing, but we have to admit that getting the best gear in the game has a really low bar set for it - anyone can do it anytime.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Arkista Valentine
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindicate View Post
    Wow I've never read so much junk like here. Is everyone crying about the 3 months subscription and compare it to the weekly mytho cap? Seriously is it all about those 30 bucks?
    The next major content will be released in december and it will contain CT with Ilvl80 drops, remaining ilvl90 still the top. Would be pretty stupid of them to remove the cap or increase it, so everyone can run around with full ilvl90 bought from NPC before CT comes out, sounds legit.
    And tbh, no player is using an entire Mythology Set, there is always a mix of allagan and Mytho to get the best stat build out of it.

Oh and if players claim to equip more classes with mytho gear and whatsoever, then go get some fresh air or focus your mainchar before others, exceptions are if you are that stupid lucky in drops in Bc, but I doubt it :x
    You are 100% correct it is about the money. That SE wants our money so in order to keep the masses around(More money for them) they are putting a cap on Mythology. FYI I think I was the only one to cry about 3 month subs. Its about the cap and not being able to take a break and waiting until there is something fun to do in this game beside logging in 1-2 times a week just to do CoB and cap myth that's my problem. Anyone who says otherwise is just Blind and doesn't want it to be true. If there was no weekly cap I would take my leave and come back when 2.1 happens.

"Would be pretty stupid of them to remove the cap or increase it, so everyone can run around with full ilvl90 bought from NPC before CT comes out, sounds legit."

Well was pretty stupid of SE to take it out of launch to begin with and we wouldn't be having this covo today right?

I did see a BLM this week who had all Allagan but 3 Accessories. Pretty good luck that person has.

Quote Originally Posted by EinSoFZ View Post
    Without the cap, getting some of the "best" gear becomes a joke like so much of the other content. Not that making it artificially difficult to obtain is a good thing, but we have to admit that getting the best gear in the game has a really low bar set for it - anyone can do it anytime.
    I'll tell you what the joke is SE made some of the best gear in the game easy to get by anyone. Waiting 1 week IRL is the Joke anyone with a weapon and crap gear can run AK/WP and cap out it just takes time. CoB on the other hand is not that easy for everyone to do and people sure as hell ain't doing it with crap gear. And the RNG on gear there is complete crap Must be nice being a DRG.
    (1)
    Last edited by Arkista; 11-10-2013 at 09:59 AM.

Player
    Character
    Einsof Zeb
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkista View Post
    I'll tell you what the joke is SE made some of the best gear in the game easy to get by anyone. Waiting 1 week IRL is the Joke anyone with a weapon and crap gear can run AK/WP and cap out it just takes time. CoB on the other hand is not that easy for everyone to do and people sure as hell ain't doing it with crap gear. And the RNG on gear there is complete crap Must be nice..
    Maybe in the future it won't be quite so simplistic and "on rails". I suppose if they keep adding better gear and don't make future equipment piss easy to obtain like DL/Relic/AF2 is now, there will eventually be some discrepancy between players and less of a "all this gear is just being handed out" sort of system. As is, I guess myth is supposed to be something rare and special when the reality is that it just makes it a waiting game to get the gear. Removing the cap would just make the hand outs even more obvious to me, regardless of whether it's just a matter of time anyway

At the very least, people can't speed gear every 50 they have and be the bestest on the server..
    (0)

Player

If they remove the Myth cap the only thing that'll do is keep people entertained for a week before they get everything they want and start complaining again about lack of content.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkista View Post
    Dude its not even Lack of Content running AK/WP 8/10 times a week its a Time Sink. At some point down the road people will have it. Another thing SE is going to remove the cap in a few months anyways. People already complain about lack of content so that will always be there even if there wasn't a cap, Its sad SE has to put a Cap in play just to keep people playing.
    Yeah, and SE introduced the Myth cap so that point down the road comes later.

Yes, its true that people already complain about lack of content now, but at least there's still a carrot to keep them going. Remove the myth cap and there won't even be that.

Not saying that I like having caps in games, but its kind of hard to not have some sort of cap. They can't just make unlimited upgrades after all.
    (2)
    Last edited by Gilthas; 11-10-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Player
    Character
    Celenir Istarkh
    World
    Atomos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I would just like the cap to roll over for at most 3 weeks, so I don't absolutely have to farm 300 myth within every week. I could slack some during one week and catch up within the next two weeks.

Like how leve allowances work.
    (2)
    “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

Player
    Character
    Davion Crismorn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangela View Post
    No, thank you.

there're too many people wearing the same things as me already and I don't want to see more.
    Your wearing instanced loot in a game with gcd and zero competition. Idk where u get this sense of accomplishment from
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Arkista Valentine
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilthas View Post
    If they remove the Myth cap the only thing that'll do is keep people entertained for a week before they get everything they want and start complaining again about lack of content.
    Dude its not even Lack of Content running AK/WP 8/10 times a week its a Time Sink. At some point down the road people will have it. Another thing SE is going to remove the cap in a few months anyways. People already complain about lack of content so that will always be there even if there wasn't a cap, Its sad SE has to put a Cap in play just to keep people playing.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yvaine Isaulde
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Removing the cap? HELL NO! It'll make other things useless.

Separating the cap from one CLASS / JOB to another? HELL YES! It's pretty geniused that they actually didn't do that.
    (1)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast