Player
    Character
    Carmen Sandiego
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70

Why is being able to dye tome armor not a thing?

I'm sure those level 50s reading this have noticed by now we are unable to dye armor bought with tomes, and I'm rather confused as to why. During the leveling up process I would rarely dye my armor because you replace it so quickly. Yet I kept telling myself, don't worry, there'll be the chance for customization once you're capped! But looking around Mor Dhona there really isn't much in the way of variation, it's mostly a sea of white cloaks.

I realize that every class has its separate skin for their set, yet should every BLM look exactly the same? Why does the dye function even exist if it can't be used in endgame where we spend the majority of the time wearing the same equipment?

Sure these sets are relics from a time long passed, but that loses its magical feel in an MMO where there are X amount who look just like you. If preserving the mythical status of the tome gear is the problem then I would suggest tome bought dye as the solution.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Carmen Sandiego
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    It's a small issue in the grand scheme of things, but hey, this is a Final Fantasy game and the characters need a bit of panache. It's all in the details.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cain Andabel
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    i agree with you. they should definitely make at least a special dye for darklight or allagan/af2 armor. everyone looks the same
    (1)
    Vanitas Vanitatum... et omnia Vanitas

Player
    Character
    Nialle Velandieux
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    I'd also be happy if they added a /visor option for the Cowls so we can put the hoods down, at least.
    But yeah, outside of crafted sets, the only stuff you can dye is the crappiest looking dungeon drops. Really disappointing.

Also, I think you posted this in the wrong forum section. =P
    (0)
    Last edited by Nialle; 11-05-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Player
    Character
    Half Life
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    ps3 limitations memory issue
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Revii Lagoon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    It has to do with how the models are made, they intended from the start that they would not be able to be dyed, so they created the models for them with that in mind. It would probably take hundreds of man hours in order to redo all the models in order to implement this, so most likely we are stuck with black and white for all of eternity.
    (0)