Player
    Character
    Akio Sakiro
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60

DEX with War

So, my question is: the dex(with war) is useful or not? I know it could be a hard question to answer to, but i have a big doubt. I'm a lv 50 war, and a have a Hoplite tabard, since it has + 17 Skill Speed which is quite useless i was thinking about crafting a Militia Cuirass HQ and meld it with Acc, dex and par materias. The question is: am i doing the right thing? I mean, the hoplite thing is more powerful than the militia (more def, more str, more vit), so, if a meld the militia am i going to compensate the difference?
    And a last question, it's better dec or par? I mean, if i have to choose between +5 dex and +5 par what sould i choose?
    Thanks for answers and sorry for bad eng
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Selrea Mandragoran
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    From what I understand parry is a better stat until you can hit a certain number in dex which I cant recall... as for the chest piece better off with D/L for now unless you can meld a bunch of parry or dex to the your crafted armor not sure if you can. Now the crafted gear is far better for dpsing as war which you are called to do sometimes and you can meld +det +crit +acc or w/e you need.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Strifin Everguard
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Dex is not viable because how they teir some stats, alot of warriors are going full Vit so they can push coil/titan and etc
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Colin Chulainn
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    If you wanna spend millions of gil over melding DPS accessories to push the dexterity stat walls for extra parry AND have a comfortable health pool due to having several Mythology/Allagan gear pieces then sure have a nut stacking dexterity.

Take a good look at your main armor pieces though, do you see dexterity on any of them? Unless you're sitting at something like 8000+ HP I wouldn't bother going out of your way for dexterity which is exactly what you'd have to do to push those break points for additional parry CHANCE.

The job of the tank is to eliminate chance, not rely on it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Elysia Mazda
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    There is no DEX tier. It has never been true and all comes from someone's misinterpretation of Ninjiitsu's data (which no-one else had previously mistaken).

That said, there's no good reason to put bonus points into DEX at this time. STR is superior all around due to adding both damage and mitigation. The question is STR vs. VIT, and that's pretty well solved as well -- people go full VIT and use accessories with both STR and VIT if they feel they can sacrifice some amount of VIT.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Colin Chulainn
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    There is no DEX tier. It has never been true and all comes from someone's misinterpretation of Ninjiitsu's data (which no-one else had previously mistaken).

That said, there's no good reason to put bonus points into DEX at this time. STR is superior all around due to adding both damage and mitigation. The question is STR vs. VIT, and that's pretty well solved as well -- people go full VIT and use accessories with both STR and VIT if they feel they can sacrifice some amount of VIT.
    Does this mean that DEX just adds a slight increase for every point added? No invisible walls? So if I were to add DEX via Materia it would (however small) increase my odds of blocking/parrying?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elysia Mazda
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
    Does this mean that DEX just adds a slight increase for every point added? No invisible walls? So if I were to add DEX via Materia it would (however small) increase my odds of blocking/parrying?
    Adding DEX in every tested case that anyone has done has increased parry rate. The exact formula isn't known, but nobody has managed to find a case where adding DEX did not increase parry rate. That does not mean the addition of a small amount of DEX will be noticeable, however.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Colin Chulainn
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    Adding DEX in every tested case that anyone has done has increased parry rate. The exact formula isn't known, but nobody has managed to find a case where adding DEX did not increase parry rate. That does not mean the addition of a small amount of DEX will be noticeable, however.
    I'm going for more of a 'I'm a tank and want to add tank related stats' than really for anything noticeable, I'm way over the accuracy goal atm and don't really like the idea of using DET or Crit materia. Though I suppose when it really comes down to it they all make little to no noticeable difference when comparing the gains/loss between the three.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Akio Sakiro
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Solduios View Post
    From what I understand parry is a better stat until you can hit a certain number in dex which I cant recall... as for the chest piece better off with D/L for now unless you can meld a bunch of parry or dex to the your crafted armor not sure if you can. Now the crafted gear is far better for dpsing as war which you are called to do sometimes and you can meld +det +crit +acc or w/e you need.
    I would did that but i have af+1 helm, so the DL body is a bit useless now.

Anyway thanks for the answers, i alredy got a militia cuirass and i meld dex+4 and acc+6. Tomorrow i will add some other dex and maybe criticial, hoping to not fail in melding
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Loken Kaiser
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    VIT number one stat for a tank for now. From what I've read online spending full attribute points on DEX only gives you a ~1% chance TO parry. Which at the point and time of where the game stands, as far as stats for tanks in particular I do not think this is a viable option. Now STR on the other hand raises the percentage of block, included and not limited to parry as well. Since parry is not a hit or miss I would say that the mitigation of the damage through strength stands as a better contender to VIT. Full ATTRB points into strength gives you a ~2-3% increase on dmg reduction off block or parry. Now if you add some materia and the STR you get from gear and you are probably at ~5-6% increase to dmg reduction. This also comes with a price, every 30 points of VIT you lose is 450hp. I am a firm believer that dmg mitigation is better than a 450hp chunk when you are getting crits on your head for much more. my opinion does not mean it is correct, it is just the way I see it.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast