Player
    Character
    Aegir Sthalsyn
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60

Zoning Times Suddenly Drastically Increasing

I have 2 HD AMD7770s crossfired running this game. Have been running at max settings consistently with frames 45+ since P4, so this issue isn't because of my computer. In the last week or so I have noticed my load times as I zone into new areas to be getting longer and longer. Now its agonizing minutes staring at a black screen with Ul'dah or The Binding Coil of Bahamut. Where it would have taken a few seconds is now taking a few minutes.

Anyone have the same issue? Know why this is happening? Have a fix?
    (0)

Character
    Sky Lionheart
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 51
    That would be down to your local storage not your GPU horsepower, have you recently installed any software? Maybe perform a defrag? (if you're using an HDD)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gadzi Hajaz
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    If you have an SSD make sure you are using TRIM.

http://www.buildcomputers.net/trim-support.html
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rishtar Salomon
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
    I have 2 HD AMD7770s crossfired running this game. Have been running at max settings consistently with frames 45+ since P4, so this issue isn't because of my computer. In the last week or so I have noticed my load times as I zone into new areas to be getting longer and longer. Now its agonizing minutes staring at a black screen with Ul'dah or The Binding Coil of Bahamut. Where it would have taken a few seconds is now taking a few minutes.

Anyone have the same issue? Know why this is happening? Have a fix?
    Yeah I get it too sometimes. Do you lag/rubberband in game anytime? I have a feeling that is the reason. When zoning into a populated area there is probably a lot of network data to load up, and if you're lagging it could take longer then normal.
    (0)

Greetings,

It seems that there have not been any further posts about this concern being an ongoing issue. Because of this, we are considering it to be resolved. If this does continue to be a concern, please create another thread to further discuss resolutions or contact the Support Center at support.na.square-enix.com for assistance.
    (0)