Player
    Character
    Carissa Sanctis
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagimoto View Post
    Those that this unforunate event happened to. Can you please describe how, and where it happened? More imporantly was the gil on your person when this happened? or was gil pulled from your retainer too? Much appreciated.
    The gil was on my character when it happened. Happened at Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks - Hawker Alley. My retainers were unaffected.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blue Bubbles
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Here's my screenshots. (I'm the person in post #12)

Here I am, trying to run to my retainer to save my remaining gil. (And you can see the "Insufficient Gil" message on top)

Here's the history I saw after trying to save remaining gil. Couldn't find the retainer who sold the Antidote but I found the retainer selling the Allagan Tin pieces.

I sent in-game reports / gm-calls and there have been no responses so far. I can send them the original screenshots with chat (timestamps included) from the time I logged in. I was actually busy melding the gear I was supposed to spiritbond while chatting with friend so I didn't notice the purchase message. Only noticed its when I opened my inventory and saw the Allagan tin piece go in I immediately looked at my gil and was like ... !@#$@ .
    (5)

Player
    Its pronounced LO-min-sah, not lo-min-SAH
    Character
    Umbral Sky
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrisa View Post
    I don't think it is an issue with with GSM. Anybody will be a potential victim.

I have came up with a theory. I think potentially it would be a case of packet editing.
    My theory is packet sniffing for Buyer IDs and other details, followed by Buyer ID spoofing for the sales. Limsa seems to be the main target for this, simply because the Aetherye being in the same zone as the Market Board provides a large amount of traffic that can be caught.
    (0)
    www.eikon-guild.com

Player
    Character
    Carissa Sanctis
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Not trying to be smart or something, but i think this exploit happened due to the way the packet sent to the server is structured.

A packet to purchase an item off the board could contain the following
    - Buyer ID
    - Seller ID
    - Item ID

If the hacker could edit the data within the Buyer ID before sending it to the server, I think the server would perceive it as the victim himself who sent the packet to the server to purchase the items instead. Hence, the player purchased the items automatically without even being near the market board.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Livi Ronsenburg
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshMallows View Post
    History and search result for Allagan Tin..
    It might help. People from my server (tonberry) were also affected.

Looks like the player with a retainer named Dsgds was one of the culprit.

I can confirm too! As you can see my name was the first forcedbuying tin piece.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Echo Ma'ruh
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Wtf is going on? This is madness!
    (5)
    http://www.animeotakus.org/image/anime/1404/because-skill-brings-knife-gun-fight-wins-anyway-blade-and-s-anime-otakus-1398098083.jpg

Player
    Character
    Lancelot Abyss
    World
    Hades
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Login to share my experience.
    Insufficient Gil keeps appearing on my screen while I am crafting near the "Market board". It happened maybe 2 hrs before.
    Luckily that.. I have all my gil on retainers
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cass Tristesse
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    this just happened to me as well, was chatting with a friend in limsa while crafting

Time: Between 11:00 - 11:39 am (PST)

Frequency: Once

World name: Behemoth

Character name: Cass Tristesse

NPC name: Market Board

Area and coordinates: Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks 12x 13y

Steps:
    1. was crafting some armorsmith, then a friend came by and we chatted
    2. during the conversation was seeing "insufficient gil" msg on my screen, didnt know what it was
    3. went to summoner's bell to get some materials to make some stuff for my friend
    4. then went back and got this msg that i bought a braised pipira
    5. looked at the market board and saw my history that i bought it for 1 million gil =(, I was nowhere near the marketboard.

Goal: hopefully to recover my lost 1 million gil

(1)

Player
    Character
    Carissa Sanctis
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Not trying to be smart or something, but i think this exploit happened due to the way the packet sent to the server is structured.

A packet to purchase an item off the board could contain the following
    - Buyer ID
    - Seller ID
    - Item ID

If the hacker could edit the data within the Buyer ID before sending it to the server, I think the server would perceive it as the victim himself who sent the packet to the server to purchase the items instead. Hence, the player purchased the items automatically without even being near the market board.
    However, if my theory is right, then nobody is safe in the server as long as the hacker has your ID. Logging out would be the safest option.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Az'ori Sagi
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    The gil was on my character when it happened. Happened at Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks - Hawker Alley. My retainers were unaffected.
    Thank you for the response, hopefully people's gil on retainers will stay safe.
    (0)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast