Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Caligamy Swift
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    The lodestone hasn't reflect my proper levels or current job since they shutdown the beta version.

So I am still hoping it doesn't mean a rollback, as I just grinded from Lv 32 to 42 Botanist in the past day or two without leves. >.>; I will lose what sanity I have left.
    (1)
    ERAUQS SI DLROW EHT
    PSN ID: Caligamy Server: Behemoth

Player
    Character
    Lyli Hanabira
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRac25 View Post
    i would be very supprised if there wasnt a rollback
    I would be very surprised if there was. No team worth their salt would EVER try a rollback. You determine the exploit, work on an algorithm to determine which transactions need to be reversed and reverse them accordingly. The only time a complete rollback is something you might consider is when your datacenter burns down and you're working off tape backups.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarp View Post
    Can someone savvy in this type of thing tell me how something like this is even remotely possible?
    Just a bad bit of code, it happens. A few million lines and it's not overly surprising that someone finds a weakness in a few of them.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ulath Skullsplitter
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosmos992k View Post
    It's also fairly well certain that this attack - which is what it is - is sufficiently illegal to involve law enforcement from several jurisdictions. Basically, this was a colossally stupid move by the RMTs since it will almost certainly allow SE to justify far wider ranging actions against RMT than before.
    The RMT are most likely in china. Meaning there is absolutely nothing that can be done legally to them.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Anakhu Dalmasca
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I like how everyone automatically jumps to the RMT must have done this.. Ever stop to think that over the last week SE has banned a couple thousand players again for "illicit" activities and probably caught another bunch of innocent people with alot of gil, that already lost it once before and what that could mean? Really now, why would rmt try something so obvious as this?? They have plenty of other means and this act leaves a big blazing trail right to the money. This is an attack in retaliation i'm willing to bet , because this person or group even of people have decided they are tired of SE and watching others with lots of gil get no attention from the Ban Hammer. It would not be the first time nor the last time a person or group has attacked a game this way for payback.

Just something to think about.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Eros Maxima
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Nialle View Post
    The client-server communication lines in this game are not very secure. It's very worrisome that a third party can manipulate data on someone else's character like this.
    There's been a number of server-side hacks going on for a while, this is just the first time that it's directly affected others (that I know of). Other hacks I've seen personally or read that should be server side were immediate completion of gather attempts (1 swing = 4+ swings) and instant leveling (only heard of with crafts, but certainly possible with combat).
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Baneus Prime
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 56
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosmos992k View Post
    It's also fairly well certain that this attack - which is what it is - is sufficiently illegal to involve law enforcement from several jurisdictions. Basically, this was a colossally stupid move by the RMTs since it will almost certainly allow SE to justify far wider ranging actions against RMT than before.
    It's not just RMTs you have to worry about. There are a group of "players" that pretty much exist only to find exploits and disrupt games. A simple Google search will find dozens of sites dedicated to Botting and Exploits. And having a single account banned doesn't really bother them, as most of them have multiple accounts. Their only goal is to be the "best" at whatever game they happen to have set their adolescent minds on. If being the "best" means ruining it for everyone else, that is exactly what they'll do. And, like most nascent criminals, they see nothing wrong in what they do.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Avalon Albrook
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Baneus View Post
    A wizard did it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cherry Fortuna
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 70
    Sorry to say, I really doubt SE will do any kind of rollback.

I really wish SE would show they care about our pretend assets as much as we do. Their reaction to this most recent exploit is more to cover their butt more than anything. It's not a kindness for our monies... People can say otherwise, but it's more to the effect that someone putting holes in their game makes them look bad. And, we all want SE, the creator of our little world to look good and continue to make money so another meteor doesn't fall and kill us all....again...

So those wishing for a rollback, it wouldn't hurt me for you to get it, but i really doubt SE would go through the trouble. I could speculate what it would take for some kind of rollback or recovery to happen, but it would just get peoples hopes up.

Here's hoping for our benevolent overlords to get a handle on RMT. Perhaps they need to make all RMT spam/exploit bots killable in game. That would make me smile.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Hao Fu
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...ver_rollbacks/
    I wonder if they'll also do the same thing to people that got booted while in the middle of crafting.
    (2)
    Last edited by hua; 11-08-2013 at 06:39 PM.

Player
    Character
    Shinsaki Nyoq
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    プロデューサ/ディレクタの吉田です。

本件について、速報ではありますが現状と今後の対応についてご説明させていただきます。

まず数時間前より数件のお問い合わせがあり、
    一部マーケットの機能を悪用した、外部不正行為者による、なりすまし行為を確認しました。
    現状、被害件数は多くはありませんが、拡大を防ぐために緊急メンテナンスを行わせていただきます。

今回、影響を受けたプレイヤーの皆さんには、多大なるご迷惑をおかけしており、誠に申し訳ございません。
    データについては、すべて確認させていただき、しっかり保全することをお約束いたします。

なお、今回の行為は一部の少数ワールド、特定ゾーン、特定状況でしか行えないため、
    ログインされていないプレイヤーの方に影響はございません。

まずは本件修正と安全確認、復旧を急ぐとともに、悪意ある外部不正行為者へのセキュリティ対応を
    さらに徹底対応させていただくつもりです。

皆様にはご迷惑、ご不安をお掛けして申し訳ございません。重ねてお詫び致します。
    Google Translate:

It is Yoshida producer / director .

For this matter , there is a reported but I will describe support of the current status and future .

There are inquiries from several cases first few hours ago ,
    To exploit the capabilities of some markets , by external fraudsters , it was confirmed Acts spoofing .
    There are not many current situation , the damage number , but I will perform emergency maintenance in order to prevent the spread .

This time , the player everyone affected , we apologize for the inconvenience enormously , I am really sorry .
    For data , I confirm all , I committed to conservation firm .

Since you can not few world , specific zone , only in certain circumstances some action this time ,
    It does not affect a person of player that is not logged .

First safety check and fix this matter , along with the rush to recovery , the security response to external fraudster malicious
    I'm going to be allowed to thoroughly respond further .

I am sorry to keep apologize for inconvenience , your anxiety to everyone . We apologize you aga

Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    本件、今のところ大規模なデータのロールバックは想定しておりません。
    基本的には被害に遭われた方のデータに対し、しっかりとした対応をさせていただく予定です。

また、今回については経路/IPアドレス共に情報は確保しており、
    現在、悪意ある不正行為者に対して、法的措置の対応を進めております。
    Google Translate:

This matter, do not expect any roll back of large-scale data at the moment.
    We plan for the data of the person who the victims, am allowed to respond that I did well basically.

Further, it has secured information in the path / IP address for both time,
    Currently, against fraudsters malicious, we are promoting the support of legal action.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shinsaki; 11-08-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast