Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Swishytail Exaflare
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I don't understand the Mumble hatred here. I've used Mumble forever, can honestly say I've never
    had 1 issue. Ever. In any form.

To each his own, I suppose.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Doctor Pepper
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Norack View Post
    Ahh ventrilo doesnt use SIP ok than what do they use?

EDIT ----------

and i would please request to stop the raging i am simply trying to figure this out if u do know stuff i don't than let me know just stop saying its impossible.
    Just being honest here, don't expect people to treat you with respect when you make comments such as saying they should borrow your CCENT/CCNA books. To pretend you have the knowledge of a CCENT and then claim that SIP servers do not exist is just ignorant on your part and when you belittle people who clearly have more knowledge on the topic than you do it just makes you look bad. Try treating people with some respect rather than acting like a victim and you might get a little further in terms of getting the help you need.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Feylan Raha
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Ahh ventrilo doesnt use SIP ok than what do they use?
    Their own custom protocol, obviously.

just stop saying its impossible.
    Why would I stop saying the truth? You did not get a virus from ventrilo if you used the official site to download it and then connected to a server.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Waliel Hla
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyUK View Post
    TeamSpeak 3 onry
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryios View Post
    But yeah teamspeak3 is superior to both.
    Super quiet at default settings, can't change audio input volume, no attenuation of other programs when people talk. I've always thought TS being the worst of the three. Haven't used Vent in many years now, though, so no idea what's it like nowadays.

They quietness was really a problem on my FC TS3 server at first. I had bump TS3 volume to maximum and lower the game's master volume and sound effects to 30% before I could clearly hear everyone talking.
    (2)

Yoshi-P is doing his best and is patching Endwalker. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Player
    Character
    Norack Sunstorm
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorPepper View Post
    Just being honest here, don't expect people to treat you with respect when you make comments such as saying they should borrow your CCENT/CCNA books. To pretend you have the knowledge of a CCENT and then claim that SIP servers do not exist is just ignorant on your part and when you belittle people who clearly have more knowledge on the topic than you do it just makes you look bad. Try treating people with some respect rather than acting like a victim and you might get a little further in terms of getting the help you need.
    Treating ppl with respect doesn't get people anywhere i made a spelling mistake and thats where the bashing came in <,<

i dont need help i was just trying to tell ppl about what happened to me. Dont worry i wont do it again ppl just call u a liar and start complaining caue it hasn't happened to them before so its obviously impossible.

I remember reading somewhere u can close a thread when its complete? i mean this thread has served its purpose after like page 1 XD but i forgot how to do it.

And after all the rage in this thing i guess that comment does come off as me going "AAHH THEY DONT USE IT WHAT DO THEY USE THAN IDIOT" i meant like ahh they dont ok what do they use than caue i don't know.

And thanks to the other ppl calling me a moron and idiot for bad spelling . Also why did u pick this think to quote anyways? theres much better things u could of quoted to make me look like a huge jack ass.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Norack Sunstorm
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Magus42 View Post
    Their own custom protocol, obviously.

Why would I stop saying the truth? You did not get a virus from ventrilo if you used the official site to download it and then connected to a server.
    where can u find out or can't u? all i have been able to find is it says vent. is proprietary so is there anywhere to find out or do they just keep it a business secret or something?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Doctor Pepper
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    snip
    Really, I was not trying to make you look like a huge jack ass so the quote I chose is irrelevant. I was commenting on your edit specifically, asking people to stop raging. Treating people with respect doesn't always work because some people are incapable of taking things in a positive manner and have no empathy for other people besides themselves. Treating people with disrespect however never works, only creates a larger problem and makes people respond in a more negative way.

All I'm saying is that if you really want to have a civil, constructive conversation about something you should try ignoring the people who comment negatively and treat the people who seem to know what they're talking about, and who are taking time out of their day to discuss with you (you made this thread, not them), with a little bit of respect instead of making rash comments that basically belittle them and make them feel like you're calling them stupid.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Norack Sunstorm
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorPepper View Post
    snip
    well on my edit i meant i was gonna stop to, but yeah i know what u mean
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Choyi Baeldurn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Why this thread isn't locked yet is a mystery to me.
    Honestly mumble/ts/vent whatever voice chat you use is up to the group you play with, they're all fine, and is just down to different preferences.

While im not an expert on this, this is the first time I ever heard of anyone get a virus trough connecting to a voice chat server, and I've been using the three forementioned ones(and some other ones) for over a decade soon, I suggest for the OP to get a proper virus scan and be wary about which links/websites you click or visit in the future, unless this is all a poor attempt at a troll thread.
    (1)
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Player
    Character
    Ganth Fyrion
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Could be worse. Could be use Skype. /popcorn
    (0)
    I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast