Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Prince Astos
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50

Last Chance to Talk me out of Getting AF2 Chest instead of +1...

As stated in the title.

I'm a warrior. I skipped the darklight chest/head (ugly) though I'm using the legs (nice accuracy boost vs darksteel). I'm wearing the AF2 head and a Militia Cuirass overmelded with Crit and lots of determination--which gives me stats equal to but different than DL.

Was gonna get my +1 when the cap lifts tomorrow and hope for the Allagan chest to drop in turn 1, but after a fair bit of research it seems that the AF2 chest (or AF+1 as it should rightfully be called) is probably the Best in Slot for Warriors.

Assuming I don't have issues holding threat (which as a warrior I don't) then it would seem the stat boost from the warrior chest is superior to the +1 Bravura.

Also, though the cuirass is a better look than the DL tin can, getting the warrior chest would make me look badass, which I think we can all agree is priority number 1 in any mmo =)

Advice appreciated!
    (0)
    Last edited by dinantes; 11-04-2013 at 07:59 PM.

Player
    Character
    Darth Voltrius
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    Do turn 1 this week and see if the RNG gods bless you with allagan body/win the lot, if not then do what you want. Don't buy it immediately in case you buy the body and do turn 1 this week and allagan body drops and the other tank has it already or loses lot lol. But yeah Warrior body is sexy

Edit: Didn't fully read the title but, remember that 1 Weapon DMG is a lot of your primary stat, don't remember how much right now but it's quite a bit.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fayhd Apollo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Had the same dilema and went for AF +1 body since it was a better stat improvement and most of to get the WAR look back.
    Was tired looking like a PLD
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Paikis Pryslack
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 73
    +1, any other choice is bad.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Russian Guyovich
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    You may want to take a closer look at all the stats to see how big of an upgrade the chest is at its cost. I know that the +1 weapon gives something like 2 weapon damage, 5 more vit, 4 str, 4 parry and 3 skill speed. Compared to getting alot more vit (12->33) on the chest and the increases physical/magical armor values (117->158 ), I would argue that the chest is more cost effective.
    I got my relic+1 first because I didn't know if I would have threat issues in coil but now looking back I can say that it would not have been a problem and that the chest is the best choice.
    (0)
    I friendly reminder that the reason you can't kill Titan is because of game engine issues.

Player
    Character
    Ciana Iezuborn
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by dinantes View Post
    Assuming I don't have issues holding threat (which as a warrior I don't) then it would seem the stat boost from the warrior chest is superior to the +1 Bravura.
    Turn 4 for me was the reason to +1, the need to almost instantaneously pick up adds and hold aggro on them while people full burn the constant dps race made it the right choice. This was compounded by the huge influence weapon damage has on flash for paladins, this may be a lesser effect for warriors and overpower.

If you're already able to complete Turn 4, I wouldn't see a problem with getting the chest especially considering the jump from what you're currently wearing. I fully support getting rid of platemail face syndrome and hope to drop mine next week after Coil!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dyss Omnia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 54
    Get the af because it a bigger upgrade survival wise. Ya the +1 will last you till turn 5 but you need the gear to make it there and I have had no threat issues yet and I have clear up to turn 5. The chest also has acc on it and the soft cap is 472, unless you want to eat stuffed cabbage AF is the best upgrade. In a 5 weeks of clearing coil I have sadly seen no tank drops so do not play the rng game
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rachel Alucard
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I don't understand why people buy +1 head first. It forces you to wear a body piece that is greatly inferior to HDL and doesn't provide any immediate benefits in terms of overall stats. You should have bought +1 Body first and used Hoplite Circlet temporarily since that is a noticeable upgrade. In OP's case, get that +1 body asap so you can rid yourself of Militia Cuirass. Then, work on the weapon.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Prince Astos
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    AF+1 Body it is!

A DPS friend had me nearly sold on the +1 Bravura, but since my main priority is staying alive the armor will have to come first.

As for getting the head first, it was on the advice of a very well-informed warrior, and let me do the latter part of my 50 grinding in something much more dynamic than heavy darklight, which is pretty much the most awful-looking endgame armor I've ever seen, in part because it is a re-skin of lvl 25 armor but this time with MORE SHOULDERPAD!

Anyway, I greatly appreciate the input. Thanks again, and since it'll be a few days before I cap myth feel free to weigh in still!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Colin Chulainn
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    You don't need anything more than full DL and a Myth accessory to clear to atleast Turn 5. Almost all your armor pieces drop in those turns and the Allagan axe has crappy stats (and also drops from turn 5). +1 or the Myth ring is your best long term investment. There are several weeks (2100-2700 more myth to gain) before the next update, which will be behind coil in terms of gear anyways so MOST myth purchases outside +1/Ring can be purely for vanity, it helps, but it isn't required at all.

+1 your weapon because the allagan alternative sucks and you have enough health as is in full DL to do most of the turns

or

Get the ring because the allagan one is unique so you will need to buy it anyways.

Edit: I have worked up to twisters as a full STR allocated WAR off-tank with just the myth ring and using HQ food (La Nos Toast), as a WAR what is going to make or break your success largely comes down to the competency of your healer team. (my healers are no more geared than I, the WHM is actually behind us a bit and it only took us about 3(~9 hours total) raid days to learn/clear to turn 5)
    (0)
    Last edited by Phreak; 11-05-2013 at 08:09 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast