Player
    Character
    Heal Bus
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Coil drop rates

So after our 6th week in Coil last night our 6th member of the team got his dragoon belt for his not yet existent dragoon. There seems to be something wrong with the drop rate for this particular item since even if it had a absurd 40% drop that is still a low 0.4% chance for it dropping 6 weeks in a row.

Normally I would chalk this up to RNG being RNG but there are numerous other coil groups telling me that DRG stuff drops stupidly often in their coils as well.

At this point I am wondering if bosses have a hidden ability at the end which they use before they die: they scan the party and drop stuff for the absent class as an act of final spite.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Magnesium02 View Post
    Actually, turn 1 is stacked in favour of Dragoons. It isn’t just people using a low sample base.

Coil of Bahamut Loot Tables

Above is a spread sheet based on the information gathered here. Each turn has 17-18 drops which are divided between the two chests. Each chest has a unique pool, so each item can only come from one of the chests.

However there is a HUGE discrepancy in the distribution of items in Turn 1. There are 13 items in the Left chest and only 4 in the Right. This means that the items in the left chest have a 1/13th drop rate (7.7%) and the ones in the right have a 1/4th drop rate (25%). And to compound this 2 of the 4 items in the Right are DRG, making it a 50% chance each run that at least 1 DRG gear will drop. And just to fully summarise Turn 1:

Tank = 30.8% left, 0% right
    DRG = 15.4% left, 50% right
    MNK = 23.1% left, 0% Right
    BRD = 7.7% left, 25% Right
    Mage = 7.7% left, 25% Right
    Healer = 15.4% left, 0% Right

So DRG gear kinda has double the chance of dropping gear than everyone else. The chest distributions haven’t been fully confirmed for turn 2 and 4. I can’t fully analyse but at the moment turn 2 seems evenly distributed, but turn 4 is slightly skewed to the centre chest having a larger pool. Turn 5 is split 9/9 with weapons and armour (unless the Ancient Shields for mages drop from one or the other chest)
    Well I guess that explains it. Having one job drop relatively consistently in the easiest turn of coil is a smart design decision.
    (3)
    Last edited by HealBus; 11-07-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Player
    Character
    Arcana Holo
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Because no one go to coil as a dragon, end.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Miley Cyruuuus
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    wow, are we down to using 6 as a sample size now?
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Lynn Nuvestrahl
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    RNG is RNG.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Heal Bus
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Only decided to make this post because numerous other coil groups are experiencing the exact same thing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blowfin Jr
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by HealBus View Post
    At this point I am wondering if bosses have a hidden ability at the end which they use before they die: they scan the party and drop stuff for the absent class as an act of final spite.
    We run with a DRG, he got showered with loot regardless.

I think a lot of it is just RNG having it's way, if you break down the split of jobs it's not that surprising that DPS drops are more common

- 2 tank classes
    - 2 Healer classes
    - 5 dps classes

But yeah, lootwhoring DRG's have been reported by quite a few groups. It's not uncommon for them to be way more lucky than seems normal.
    (0)

Player

The same thing is actually happening in my static group, so yeah, what the OP is saying is not bull.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crescent Dusk
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    RNG loot has always sucked. There's nothing good coming out of it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Serafall Lockheart
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    The last time I've seen a tank item drop in coil was almost a month ago, and that's with farming turn 1-4 each week. Our dragoon is 2 accessories short of full i90 counting mythology gear.

RNG is RNG, but you really can't help but think that there's some disparity between the drop rates of melee dps items and others.
    (1)

http://osu.ppy.sh/u/1934154

Player
    Character
    Mayin Avantari
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    random drops are random
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast