Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Emiko Gintoki
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50

Add on support??

was add on support even added in 2.1 like it was hyped to be back when the game released?

If so where are all the add ons.

(yes i know about FFXIV App, but proper addons that you install into the game)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Judeau Laran
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Pretty sure add-on support is fairly low priority considering the PS3/PS4 playerbase would have yet another disadvantage if they don't also introduce add-on support for them.
    (0)
    Last edited by Tawm; 01-08-2014 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Grammahhhh

Player
    Character
    Sakura Kinomoto
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Pretty sure they already said add-ons were coming (eventually).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Elmdore Beoulve
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by gintoki88 View Post
    was add on support even added in 2.1 like it was hyped to be back when the game released?

If so where are all the add ons.

(yes i know about FFXIV App, but proper addons that you install into the game)
    They never said anything about Addons being a part of 2.1. However, they have said that they will eventually open it up for players to be able to make Addons, but at the bare minimum of 6 months down the road. That still doesn't mean it will be in 2.2 though. I personally believe that the game is fine right now without addons to make life too simple for the time being. I'd really hate to see addons for Monks to be able to press 1 button to do all of their combos perfectly, even through a miss. Or a Healbot (though in WoW, I'll admit to using the hell out of Healbot, but it made me feel like a very unskilled healer in the end).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaguya Houraisan
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 61
    I dislike addons because they make the game robotic. I'd hate to see things like Deadly Boss Mods or Healbot here.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Taiga Asahina
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    from what i remember they said 6months+ from launch for addons
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Mide Uyagir
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    The UI (particularly party frames and personal buffs/debuffs) is atrocious; I cannot wait for addon support.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Cardinal Copia
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ri_ri View Post
    I'd hate to see things like Deadly Boss Mods or Healbot here.
    And the drama that comes with them. I'm not looking forward to the requirement of certain addons if you are looking to raid.

A big problem with addons is that some players are so dependent on them that they are screwed if there's a bug or the creator no longer supports it. Suddenly the group that touted themselves as "pro" can barely survive 5 minutes.

Is it too much to expect people to pay attention and play the game as-is?
    (4)

Character
    Randolont Althoreaux
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    I agree with Tawm...although add-ons are said to be coming, all I see it as it something else for PC players to ostracize the console players over. Especially if said addons people develop become basically botting programs. This was SE's big issue with it back with FFXI. I doubt they cared about people seeing the % of enemy's HP or their party members' TP etc. They cared about the spawn bots and such.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Celenir Istarkh
    World
    Atomos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I'm looking forward to things like real inventory management, database add-on ("I caught this fish over there using that bait"), proc monitor ("PowerAuras"), inventory consolidation (full 100-slot display, tooltip telling me how many I have in my retainers), etc.

Regarding boss mods, many people are already relying on raid leaders telling them what is coming next via voice chat. It won't make a big difference. If anything, it will make content seem easier in general because more people have those warnings. The only way to remove these boss mods is to design boss fights that are not static patterns. Phase changes based on a multiple of dynamic factors (damage intake per second, raid healing output, tank hardiness, speed that adds are going down etc) or even branched phases. The simplistic design of boss encounters is what makes boss mods useful and it is also what supports the existence of boss mods.
    (0)
    “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast