Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Astral Moonlight
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 46

What do we know about Ishgard? ( Possible Expansion name?)

Coming around the 1st expansion: Source: http://zantetsuken.net/news/official...la-mhigo-areas

The lore text for Ishguard on the official website says “After constant struggles with the dragons in the area, the Arch-bishop along with his advisors decided to open the gate to ask for aid,” hinting that players will finally get a chance to visit the area. Yoshida has confirmed that Ishgard is coming in the first expansion, but no word on when we’ll be able to visit the Coerthas region.
    Video on the Lore of Ishgard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzga6KrzQ9U

Ishgard is apparently a chruch ( I didn't know that). (Called the Holy See of Ishgard)

Source: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ishgard

In the central region of Abalathia's Spine, that great mountain range that spans Aldenard from east to west, can be found the forbidding highlands of Coerthas and the Holy See of Ishgard. The archbishop of the church, while leading his people in the teachings of Halone, the Fury, rules also as the nation's sovereign.
    So Ishgard is a Castle/Church? If that's true that's kinda interesting to me. Anyways apparently, The reason why the Arch-Bishop wants to open the gates because of a terrible threat ( Overrun by Dragons).

Since Ishgard will be made available via 1st Expansion, the name itself will have something to do with Dragons. Or perhaps someone ( or something) got all the Dragons in a rage and starting threating the land.

I know were far off from the expansion ( at least 1 year), but Ishgard is so awesome looking and the lore that's within it is out of this world personally, that I felt like I should bring it up.

Some Pictures in relation to Ishgard:

This crest represents the 4 houses of Ishgard: ( Each symbol represents 1 house)

1) Rose: House of Haillenarte
    House of Haillenarte soilders are here, so perhaps they are close by ( when the expansion hits)

2) Bell: House of Durendaire

3) Unicorn: House of Fortemps

4) Tower/Rook: House of Dzemael
    This is currently a Dungeon, but I feel like it will turn into an actual Open world area. ( Controlled by House of Dzemael in a future patch)

The crest also has text written on it saying: "Of the sky, from the sky, for the sky" ( I don't know about you, but the first expansion seems to be leaning towards "Sky") Term from FFXI. ( In which, when we can build Airships with our Free Companies, they will probably have content revolved around them!

If I had to guess you will have to choice 1 house to pledge yourself to.

Ishgard at night!

A Map of some sort in Stone Vigil!

Ala Mhigo Concept Art!
    (15)
    Last edited by Starlord; 11-14-2013 at 03:09 AM.
    Want to know about Ishgard and See their High Houses?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...nsion-name-%29

Player
    Character
    Revii Lagoon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Oh god, I can foresee the skyrim references in fate's names....God help us all.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Schneizel Alstreim
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Doubt it's a church, the sentence is just saying that the leader of the Church (as in - the Pope is the leader of the Church) also serves as the City-State leader. This is not all that surprising since even from 1.0 we know Ishgard has a faith-based society.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Some kind of half human half dragon race who knows thats the vibe I was getting out of it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Totooria Helmold
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Some kind of holy knight protecting archbishop? why this remind me of Templars. lol
    (0)

Character
    Shio Ban
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    They did intend to add in a new race, this would be a rather easy way to do it too I suppose.

I do like the ostentatious nature of this sort of story-line.

High-profile religions, corrupted royalty/families, old traditions over new traditions.

S'gon be good.
    (2)
    Last edited by Shioban; 11-02-2013 at 09:57 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nim Loki
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Shioban View Post
    They did intend to add in a new race, this would be a rather easy way to do it too I suppose.

High-profile religions, corrupted royalty, old traditions over new traditions.

S'gon be good.
    Not sure if making a Dragon race palayable would be lore friendly, considering they might be partying with Dragoons, or some may want to be Dragoons themselves. They won't even let Dragoons have a wyvern for this reason. But I do think it's a good setting for an expansion.
    (2)
    Last edited by Sephirah; 11-02-2013 at 09:42 AM.

http://youtu.be/gGJPq1qmtrk - PLD Controller Tanking AK with no UI video

Player
    Character
    Astral Moonlight
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 46
    Quote Originally Posted by Shioban View Post

High-profile religions, corrupted royalty, old traditions over new traditions.

S'gon be good.
    I agree! The more I read about the Lore of Ishgard the more I can't wait for this expansion to drop! It is as you said going to be really good!

Also, whatever I find in Ishgardian lore I will update the OP to keep it up to date. If there's any lore I haven't mentioned yet let me know!
    (0)
    Want to know about Ishgard and See their High Houses?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...nsion-name-%29

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizlu View Post
    Doubt it's a church, the sentence is just saying that the leader of the Church (as in - the Pope is the leader of the Church) also serves as the City-State leader. This is not all that surprising since even from 1.0 we know Ishgard has a faith-based society.
    Well it is a church-state technically, a form of government known as a theocracy, that is, government by religious belief - a good real-world equivalent to Ishgard would be Vatican City in Italy, the capital of the Roman Catholic Church.
    (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Venat was right.

Player
    Character
    Vaen Tribal
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 82
    I HATE how holier-than-thou and and arrogant and blindly zealous all the Ishgardians act. Makes me hate the Elezens when I don't want to :P The part of the main story in Coerthas doing all these chores for the Ishgardian houses was my least favorite part of the game.

I hope we get to rebel against the Holy See and claim Ishgard as a principality shared by Gridania, Ul'Dah, and Limsa Lominsa in the expansion! Let's reveal their religion for the fraud it is! :B
    (4)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast