Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Atheros Gaian
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90

Current fix for Warrior is not using Warrior Skills?

I was curious as to who else came up with this interpretation after the producer said this.

"I believe that a lot of players are using Inner Beast to self-cure when taking a large amount of damage, but after becoming infuriated with five stacks of Wrath, players receive a 15% curing bonus, so instead of using Inner Beast right after taking heavy damage, I think it would be better to wait for heals from a white mage or scholar."

Considering all Warrior skills take all wrath besides Defiance and Infuriate the current fix is to not use warrior abilities at all? And your telling me the class works as intended?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Riku Yagami
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Thought he continued on to say to wait for the heal to hit from the healer first then finish off with IB to finish healing to full, instead of using it first, then getting healed without the 15% buff netting lower overall heals done to you. Then rebuild for the next large hit. I could be wrong its been a while since I looked it over and its late.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Atheros Gaian
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    It takes 20 seconds to build 5 wrath and 1 move to wipe it out. After you get healed by the healer and you pop inner beast, the healers healing is now back to 100% not the 115% the devs wish us to always have active. The solution is Infuriate correct. But you can only use that every 60 seconds. Say you are hit by a high damaging move that requires you to activate IB after the healers heal. The Healer stress test begins to keep you alive for the 20 seconds (hopefully). Whats gonna stop you from dying from the next impossibly strong attack that will come before your wrath is stacked. The problem isn't the timing of IB. It's the build timing for wrath and it's connection to ALL of wars abilities. War isn't going to always have 5 wrath because they take too much damage to begin with. Average Health level(my speculation) for warrior is 40-55% an entire battle due to the amount of damage they take as MT.(this is with average healers, i.e. not healers used to healing a warrior specifically.)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Atheros Gaian
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    And why do all warrior conversations come back to one ability IB? Is that their only ability? Why is it even a Job for this if the only thing it has is IB? Where are the other 5 abilities? Oh yeah, steel cyclone and unchained are absolutely worthless because it's so important to keep your wrath for IB alone. Infuriate only gives you 5 wrath so if not for IB it's be useless as well, and Defiance the static ability that "Increases Enmity." I quote because of it's falsehood that I wish not to discuss.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blackiron Tarkus
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    This could be solved by having the 15% cure bonus as a static buff when defiance is on. As a warrior I almost never use IB because I know the healers are spamming and I don't want to waste their heals and loose my stacks. Only time I ever use it is if they are occupied with adds or if they're dead. "Working as intended..?" Hardly...
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Yagrush Dire
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    My experience is the following:

I get knocked to 30%, get 2 cures from the healers, then, while I'm winding-up my IB, they are already casting their next cures, I top myself off with IB but the cures still go off, essentially wasting that mana and defeating the purpose of IB.

That's a big problem.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Masenken Rowe
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Wouldn't your solution then, be for the healers NOT to heal you then if you're topping yourself off? If they're spam healing you when you're capable of topping yourself during that particular time, then yes that's mana wasted since they can hold off during that time.

Unfortunately, I'm not at that level yet, so I don't know how high level wars operate, but as a general rule, I usually avoid over healing as much as possible... so unless you're getting popped for 80% of your health in 1-2 hits, I'm adjusting to the pace your HP fluctuates. Having no experience with IB, I have no idea how much a war heals themselves during that interval, but I'm assuming it's enough that I could hold back and wait til the buff is nearly out before heading again.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Riku Yagami
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Definitly not perfect, I mean they said they had a few areas they wanted to fix up warriors in, though we wont know what thats going to be until it happens. I have the benefit of when I run anything, my friend is a healer and in ventrilo with me, so I can call out when I'm going to IB. Ensures no overhealing really. Yea it takes a while to rebuild up to 5 without infuriate which sucks. Works for healing myself though Mountain Buster but my group hasn't started on coil yet. I do know we sit on wrath unless infuriate is up and yes we do get screwed having to sit on wrath constantly, unable to use any real signature moves, with IB being the only useful one. All in all I'm not really complaining. I'll sit and patiently wait to see what 2.1 brings.

@Masenken - IB unbuffed heals me roughly 800-1100, 1500-1700 crits, buffs up I can heal up to 2.7k max so far. My HP in party is 7200 unbuffed. Major problem is how it can fluctuate so much. You don't crit and its basically 1 Cure/Physick.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fayhd Apollo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    My experience is that, outside of near death situation, IB should only be used :
    - when you're down enough so that 2 heals won't top you (basically when you're below 50%)
    - And you either have Infuriate or Convalescence (maybe featherfoot) available

Healers really feel when we don't have the heal buff (more than our IB...) so we really have to keep it up as much as possible. If IB is used when over 50% of HP, there's high chance that we overheal by a lot.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zoomie Vi
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Uliq View Post
    Defiance the static ability that "Increases Enmity." I quote because of it's falsehood that I wish not to discuss.
    Are you suggesting that Defiance has no enmity modifier? Or simply that your interpretation of "increased enmity" is that it should be more than making up for the reduced damage?
    (1)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast