Player
    Character
    Lilly Grace
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

Do you think CT will be worth it?

I'm excited about a full FC run of crystal tower, but I've been thinking lately if the loot in there will be worth gathering a 24 man event. It's not the i80 tag that's on the gear that concerns me, it's more the gear RNG and amount. If 2 items drop from CT ala coil, how are 24 people gonna get excited about that?
    I get that it's a major assumption that only 2 items per boss would drop, but it 100% would not shock me if that were the case. Hopefully at least 6 per boss will drop and the RNG won't be screwy like coil was.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lyrre Myste
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    i think it would be pretty obligatory if each raid team got their own 2 chests...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Technyze Deepforces
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I am very curious if it will be spammable or have lockout timer. I hope lockout time but more like 3 days instead of 7.
    (0)
    Twitch Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/technyze
    Free Company/Linkshell: OGC

Player
    Character
    Rhizzae Cathedral
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    As a "Guild" Leader for the last 10 years, yes CT will be very much worth it. I could careless about loot or how fast we progress, but what I do care about is doing things as a team. Enjoying my time playing with my players regardless if we're clearing content. I haven't played a MMO since Pre-Abyssea XI that I have truly enjoyed. I play these game now for the community as 98% of MMOs that focus on End Game are shallow as camel spit.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Technyze Deepforces
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopuno View Post
    As a "Guild" Leader for the last 10 years, yes CT will be very much worth it. I could careless about loot or how fast we progress, but what I do care about is doing things as a team. Enjoying my time playing with my players regardless if we're clearing content. I haven't played a MMO since Pre-Abyssea XI that I have truly enjoyed. I play these game now for the community as 98% of MMOs that focus on End Game are shallow as camel spit.
    Couldn't agree more, a big reason I hope CT has a lock out timer because it will help making the CT thing an Event for my FC rather than spammable en having them do it in duty finder or shouts whenever they feel like it.
    (0)
    Twitch Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/technyze
    Free Company/Linkshell: OGC

Player
    Character
    Einsof Zeb
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Yeah, like others my hope is that it doesn't become a spam fest like the current content is, but acts more as a way of uniting people who are actually on the same server in the way that BC does. Being on Duty Finder worries me a little as to how much it'll really add for us players in the end. It'd be cool if this got multiple FC's working together.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tony Dincht
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    I hate restrictions. I disagree with everyone here. Sure, it's nice to work as a team with our friends, but we already have coil for that. I understand Yoshi-P's reasoning of making casuals and hardcores be at the same level with all these restrictions, but I absolutely despise it. I don't even log in anymore unless a friend needs help, or for coil and myth farming. It's silly. I hope I can spam CT whenever I please because I'm sick of having sub-par gear on all my classes. As a person who likes to play every class, the amount of restriction forces you to focus on only one, and it irritates the hell out of me.

Keep this lockout/timer garbage out of the game from now on, please.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Einsof Zeb
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zell1226 View Post
    I hate restrictions. I disagree with everyone here. Sure, it's nice to work as a team with our friends, but we already have coil for that. I understand Yoshi-P's reasoning of making casuals and hardcores be at the same level with all these restrictions, but I absolutely despise it. I don't even log in anymore unless a friend needs help, or for coil and myth farming. It's silly. I hope I can spam CT whenever I please because I'm sick of having sub-par gear on all my classes. As a person who likes to play every class, the amount of restriction forces you to focus on only one, and it irritates the hell out of me.

Keep this lockout/timer garbage out of the game from now on, please.
    While you have a point, if we get what we want too fast that also leads to no incentive to log on and play. What we really need is variation in endgame content. Because we're so limited now in what we can do, it doesn't really matter whether the content locks you out or not. That said I'd rather the content be something that we can work towards instead of spamming to completion in one week and being tired of it since we got everything we needed. There has to be purpose in ARR besides getting better gear as an individual.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rhizzae Cathedral
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Zell1226 View Post
    Snip
    I've been seeing the Hardcore / Casual word throw around quite a bit. It amuses me, because I (at this point in my life) sometimes play for 12 hours a day. Which makes me in the sense of what most people would consider, hardcore, to be hardcore. I as well could be in a static Coil group with Full Allagan/AF2 as I am Legacy. However, this also goes back to my initial post of doing things as a team and why I play these MMO's altogether anymore. I've been Coil ready for a couple months, but decided I would not do it without a full FC group. I also chose not to rush Coil as I knew there was little point. (Read: Countless QQ threads about CT coming out and people who cleared T5 thinks it's a no-no) So here I am, a Casual because I take my time and am in no rush to have the most awesome gear. I am just so awesomely Hardcore-Casually.

As far as lock out timers that is my biggest gripe with Coil, and it's not because I want the gear for my Alts, it's because I want to be able to run the dungeon with other FC mates I couldn't pull along. I'd be completely happy if Coil gave me no gear if I had already ran it on another job. Least this way I'd be getting to do what I enjoy in these new MMO's. I hope CT does not have a lock out, because honestly again, I could careless about the gear (Even though I could use it, as I am not all decked with pretties) but I have one of the most awesome group of people in XIV all packed into my FC and am looking forward to working with all of them.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kaguya Houraisan
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 61
    I'm excited about playing in the Crystal Tower.

Loot is consequence.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast