Player
    Character
    Silva Redfield
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyko View Post
    FFXI had an extremely toxic endgame community back in the day. A browse over at bluegartrls.com XI Drama (click at the top) shows how it was.
    Actually, it was still really bad at the XIV 2.0 launchtime. I've been playing XI since NA PC release and the endgame was always bad. Best (recent) example would be Tojil. Tojil was ridiculous. All the drama surrounding that fight, in a dead game, in 2013. It's impressive, really, people aren't even competing and they still hate each other.

As a stun Scholar and Oats Monk, I never had issues farming Tojil for plasm, with my linkshell. But man, you wouldn't believe some of the things I saw while joining PUGs. Scholars missing their stuns (should have used animation stunning!) getting reduced to tears because someone spends five minutes bitching them out and telling them they failed the run, was a common occurence. Then the people who yelled at them shout for four hours the next day (Tojil 17/18 SCH) and wonder why they aren't getting any bites.

I'm so glad to leave XI behind.
    (2)
    Last edited by HaplessHermit; 11-06-2013 at 07:43 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kasu Muni
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    FFXIV has come MILES ahead of FFXI, so far ahead that I'm convinced anyone who has good memories of FFXI's endgame community has stockholm syndrome... Maybe it varied by the server.
    (4)

Character
    Andrien Bellcross
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Everything what Alyko said is pure gold. Its the beautiful truth.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Silver Healer
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Don't blame the players blame the game .

The game has poorly designed end game where you are required to run the same dungeon over and over countless times every week inorder to cap tomes 300 a week.

After a week it resets and you have to do the samething over again .

Now if they removed the cap , people would farm tomes till they got the gear they want within a week .

Then they would have nothing to do at all apart from craft / lvl new job etc .

So the cap on tomes is basically designed to get more money from the players each month .
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orsnoire Le'oxe
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Grailer View Post
    Don't blame the players blame the game .

The game has poorly designed end game where you are required to run the same dungeon over and over countless times every week inorder to cap tomes 300 a week.

After a week it resets and you have to do the samething over again .

Now if they removed the cap , people would farm tomes till they got the gear they want within a week .

Then they would have nothing to do at all apart from craft / lvl new job etc .

So the cap on tomes is basically designed to get more money from the players each month .
    There's only one problem/flaw in your argument:

The feeling that someone is forced to cap myth every week as fast as possible, without fail, is a problem with the player, not with the game.

Learn to let go, and enjoy the game on its own terms. I never understood the mentality that a person should be actively TRYING to burn through content as fast as humanly possible. This behavior, not the game design, is what creates the toxic environment, and it's a DIRECT result of players who have emotional or psychological problems and aren't adapting well to having deadlines or limits on their playtime.

So yeah, it's the players, not the game.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Frost Trunks
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by LobsterBisque View Post
    I miss kicking the loldrg from the party because a warrior is LFP

I miss trash talking DDs because they don't have a SH/Haub

I miss losing claims to RMT bots

I miss going entire nights without getting an exp party

I miss having to level certain jobs to progress (CoP) because some jobs weren't viable.

I miss SE showing class balance by overnerfing (rng) or overbuffing (2-handers)

I miss having to solo on BLM after ToAU came out because no one would invite one.

I miss barrens chat in Jeuno...oh wait we still have that!

I miss parties not being formed because there was no rdm or brd.

I miss it taking 30-45 minutes to get ppl together to do anything, "hang on I need to go to my MH"

I mean tbh I loved the game but I don't have rose-colored hypno-goggles like some ppl
    This is excellent. I forgot about some of these. Gave me a good giggle. Thx :-)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Silver Healer
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Orsnoire View Post
    There's only one problem/flaw in your argument:

The feeling that someone is forced to cap myth every week as fast as possible, without fail, is a problem with the player, not with the game.

Learn to let go, and enjoy the game on its own terms. I never understood the mentality that a person should be actively TRYING to burn through content as fast as humanly possible. This behavior, not the game design, is what creates the toxic environment, and it's a DIRECT result of players who have emotional or psychological problems and aren't adapting well to having deadlines or limits on their playtime.

So yeah, it's the players, not the game.
    If you fall behind in gear you get punished by the players who are not behind .

Most players will take a geared player over a non geared player any day .
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mach Azareel
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Grailer View Post
    If you fall behind in gear you get punished by the players who are not behind .

Most players will take a geared player over a non geared player any day .
    You don't really need to go at warp speed to cap 300 myths a week, though. I'll casually run a dungeon or two a day while doing whatever I feel like and still have no problem capping out.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Buster Posey
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    If you queue for Titan often you will realize just how bad ffxiv is compared to ffxi.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kirk Lazzarus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Everything you just said
    Nailed it. Anyone who really "enjoyed" that game has some stockholm syndrome/masochist issues. I was upset at how long it took me to quit that game (middle of Aht Urghan period).
    (3)

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast