Player
    Character
    Liadan Summerfield
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70

Can't Penta-Meld Militia Culinary Knife?

I went to a level 50 Blacksmith friend today to meld my Militia Culinary Knife. I already have 3 materia in it (1 guaranteed, 2 overmelds), but when I went to add a 4th Materia, it said I could not add more materia to that item. o_O But when I look at my Militia Spinning Wheel, I've melded 4 materia in it. They're the same level of item, and both HQ. I don't understand why one will let me meld 4 materia and the other won't?

Anyone know a reason why this might be happening?

Edit: Now I can't add melds to anything. -_- I don't understand what's going on...

Edit#2: Grabbed another crafter buddy, and he was able to meld my stuff. My FC-mate still could not. We went round and round for about 10 mins and then the crafter buddy was like, "did she unlock advanced melding?"

Excuse me while I tease the crap out of my guildie. -_-
    (0)
    Last edited by LiadansWhisper; 12-27-2013 at 07:10 AM.

Player
    Character
    Githiun Smallsword
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    you physically can't meld it or it's saying +0??

If it's saying +0 it means whatever you're trying to add is capped. For instance if you're adding a +1 control materia to it and it's saying +0 that means its capped on Control and you'll want to move onto Cp or Craftsmanship.

If it won't let you add another materia for some reason even though it's not capped then thats a bug and should be reported.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Liadan Summerfield
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Githiun View Post
    you physically can't meld it or it's saying +0??

If it's saying +0 it means whatever you're trying to add is capped. For instance if you're adding a +1 control materia to it and it's saying +0 that means its capped on Control and you'll want to move onto Cp or Craftsmanship.

If it won't let you add another materia for some reason even though it's not capped then thats a bug and should be reported.
    The text it gave me was, "You cannot add anymore materia to this item." This was in an item with 3 melds (2 of them were overmelds). Which means I have 2 more possible melds.

But the reason was that my friend the Blacksmith, hadn't unlocked Advanced Materia Melding and couldn't do overmelds. There was no way for me to tell when I asked her to do the meld (I assumed she'd unlocked it).
    (0)