Player
    Character
    Aph Raell
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortok View Post
    I had the same question elsewhere, but probably got lost in the shuffle/might've worded it poorly.

So basically using a Touch on a Poor condition without getting a Touch on the linked Excellent (such as right when SH I or II goes up) is irrelevant so long as the Byregot's is handled correctly (aka, you don't spam buffs and react if Excellent pops up before Ingenuity).

It would make sense. Saw Whitefall's method which was similar in actions used to build Quality except it lacked a Great Strides for the Standard + didn't use Innovation on Blessing so if that method does ok then yours likely has a large enough buffer to not care about those Poor conditions.

If that's the case, I did extra safety melds for nothing, haha. Go go future proofing my gear, I guess (and hoping better crafting gear isn't added too soon, heh).
    I did so much testing on 2 star food - its super cheap to practice your crafting on!
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Aphraell View Post
    snip

Using macro's is ok, but for most people they would want to change the timings to a higher setting if doing expensive crafts, e.g. (1.8 - 3), this may be slower, but at least if they lag a bit they wont lose a fortune.

Will have to slightly disagree with macro's eliminating human error, but I do agree they reduce it greatly and are worth using xD

Thanks for answering the question on the first standard touch.

Offtopic - Hiya Aphraell, still no meaningful response from email support, phone support, live chat support, in game support... I've provided all the info they have asked for, including screenshots, apparently my case "has been escalated to Head Office", I keep emailing them only to be fobbed off further, though I have no intention of giving up, I still want an actual Human to investigate my account. They took 12.6mil from me and left around 5mil on my alt/retainers, when I got back I started making 1 star again, built up my gil, when onto 2 star and now have far more than I had before the suspensions. 2 star market has now gone mad on Odin and I'm back to playing my BLM, I even got to 50 now ;D
    (0)

Player

I've just tested the macro while simulating a poor condition on the first Standard touch and the final % was around 90% the the suggested stats.

To do this I basically removed the first GS and waited to see what happened once all conditions for touch skills were normal. I believe GS + ST on Poor is equal to ST on Normal, as poor condition would negate the GS, but I could be wrong?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Roth Trailfinder
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    You are not wrong.

Poor condition cuts the Quality gain in half. Great Strides doubles it. 0.5 x 2 = 1.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aph Raell
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by scarebearz View Post
    I've just tested the macro while simulating a poor condition on the first Standard touch and the final % was around 90% the the suggested stats.

To do this I basically removed the first GS and waited to see what happened once all conditions for touch skills were normal. I believe GS + ST on Poor is equal to ST on Normal, as poor condition would negate the GS, but I could be wrong?
    Hey Scarez - I've run my macro probably 2000+ times crafting food and 2 star gear and it's never failed. So to test your simulation I downloaded my first ever Crafting simulator to see what all the fuss is about. I loaded in my rotation and it came out 100%. So I then removed the Great strides before the Standard Touch and it still came out 100%. Either I'm doing something wrong or we are using different simulators. As I said I've never failed with it.

What I used: http://xivsim.x0.com/
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Aphraell View Post
    Hey Scarez - I've run my macro probably 2000+ times crafting food and 2 star gear and it's never failed. So to test your simulation I downloaded my first ever Crafting simulator to see what all the fuss is about. I loaded in my rotation and it came out 100%. So I then removed the Great strides before the Standard Touch and it still came out 100%. Either I'm doing something wrong or we are using different simulators. As I said I've never failed with it.

What I used: http://xivsim.x0.com/
    Hi

I did it in game crafting Black Truffle Risotto with my control set to 341, I've never used one of those downloadable simulators.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aph Raell
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by scarebearz View Post
    Hi

I did it in game crafting Black Truffle Risotto with my control set to 341, I've never used one of those downloadable simulators.
    Actually you are right, I tested in game as well(stuff simulators).

There is a way to fix this for the cost of 14 more CP and you need to do the whole rotation manually. All you need to do is:

/ac "Basic Touch" <me>
    /ac "Great Strides" <me>(If condition is excellent you hit "Observe", if not continue as normal)
    /ac "Steady Hand" <me>
    /ac "Standard Touch" <me>
    /ac "Great Strides" <me>
    /ac "Ingenuity" <me>

This would adjust the total CP required to 373 to guarantee 100% in the worst case scenario.

Thanks Scarez - modified the original post to reflect the change.

Reread through the entire post. This possibility was mentioned earlier but I didn't notice it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aphraell; 11-13-2013 at 10:47 AM.

Player
    Character
    Torro Dincoco
    World
    Ridill
    Main Class
    PGL Lv 0
    Aphraell,

Do you mind sharing your materia meld?

Thx
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lossora Kadesh
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ghetojunky View Post
    Aphraell,

Do you mind sharing your materia meld?

Thx

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...p-for-crafters

what I did to hit 347 craft 340 control and 348 cp was do the jewelry and belt to state cap. Then no over melds for clothes / off hand Only slotted options. That way i can use the jewelry and belt on all class and not smash any more materia. The clothes / off hand are as follows

offhand 3 cp
    head 2 craft 3 control
    body 3 craft 3 craft
    hands 3 control 2 control
    legs 3 control 3 cp
    feet 3 control 3 cp
    (0)
    Last edited by Kadesh; 11-17-2013 at 03:12 AM.

Player
    Character
    Daq Kiri
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    I got 50 in last craft a couple of days ago and have been trying out 1-star synths by forging my own AF, atm with full melds in accessories and and no materia in AF/offhand yet I am sitting at 333 Craftsmanship and 326 Control and 339 CP. After reading this post I have been trying out some things very similar to Aphraell's posted rotation. Today I got it down to the point I don't even need CP food for the rotation anymore and still gurantee'ing 100% quality on 1-star.

Currently I am doing CZ > IQ > WN > SH2 > BT x5 > SH1 > ST > Innovation > Ingenuity II > GS > BB > CS2 > CS2.

And costs me 335 CP.

I haven't dipped into 2-start yet and I was curious if any math wizards could tell me how much Control would be needed for this rotation to guarantee 100% quality on 2-star synths. Craftsmanship I don't think should be an issue atm, as I am doing 99 progress with Ingenuity II up and have enough Ingenuity II procs and duration left for a total of 3 CS2 if needed.
    (0)
    Last edited by Classikal; 11-18-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast