Player
    Character
    Evercy Warclan
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by NyneAlexander View Post
    Is careful synth II absolutely essential for this? Is there a way to modify this rotation to use basic synth in conjunction with steady hand? CSII is the only ability on this list that I'm missing. I'll get it eventually but powering weaver to 50 isn't at the front of my "to do" list at the moment.
    100% success rate for 120% progress with NO CP COST makes this skill absolutely worth it
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Aph Raell
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Guevara View Post
    Aphraell, how would you change your rotation for 40 durability recipes? Use Waste Not II or else?
    I just NQ all my 40 durability recipes. There is no point to making them HQ.

"If" I wanted to though I would use the hasty touch, tricks of the trade method.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Guevara San
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphraell View Post
    I just NQ all my 40 durability recipes. There is no point to making them HQ.

"If" I wanted to though I would use the hasty touch, tricks of the trade method.
    I see your point, no need since you HQ the final product. Thank you very much =)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zahra Dubs
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by NyneAlexander View Post
    Is careful synth II absolutely essential for this? Is there a way to modify this rotation to use basic synth in conjunction with steady hand? CSII is the only ability on this list that I'm missing. I'll get it eventually but powering weaver to 50 isn't at the front of my "to do" list at the moment.
    I was just experimenting with this. If you can afford 8 more CP, Ingenuity II + Careful Synthesis will reach 234/233 Progress at 352 craftsmanship (where i'm at when I tested this).

This is, of course, if you have ingenuity II... otherwise standard synth + 2x careful synth will also finish a 2 star recipe... take a look at whitefall's thread for 2 star HQ without Careful Synth II.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lanceton Oni
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    well, like you said on the other post, this crafting order works with 340/340/357.
    I am thinking it might even work with slightly lower craftsmanship, at least from the numbers I saw, need to test it out

while it does require 347 to fulfill the 2 star 40 durability crafts requirement, all you need to do is to eat a piece of cheap vendor food to get that extra 7 craftsmanship when crafting the NQ 2 star ingridients, then eat CP food to get to 357.

This crafting order rids of the need for crafter artifact gear... if melded correctly, I think you at most need only 1 piece of artifact gear to reach something like 340/340/33x, and a mid range CP food can get you to 357 CP.

because it's too good, I am unsure whether I like or hate this crafting order xD
    it pretty much eliminated the crafting fun
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adrianna Bellini
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanceton View Post
    This crafting order rids of the need for crafter artifact gear... if melded correctly, I think you at most need only 1 piece of artifact gear to reach something like 340/340/33x, and a mid range CP food can get you to 357 CP.
    Yeah. With enough melds, you can do this rotation with a full Patrician's set and cheap CP food.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1531412
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vortok Mercadia
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanceton View Post
    because it's too good, I am unsure whether I like or hate this crafting order xD
    it pretty much eliminated the crafting fun
    Well, that's more the design of crafting than anything else. Since the quality bar on 80 dura crafts is the same as 40, but the progress bar doesn't take an extra 4 steps it just makes it easier to HQ the actual gear (+ having more room to work with to use things like Master's Mend II and simpler to fit in 5 step buffs). If the quality bar were longer, making starting with HQ mats more desirable, suddenly it could matter how well you could HQ the 40 dura mats which should trickle all the way down to HQ gathering mats being a bit more valuable. Similarly, progress bars that couldn't be 2-3 shot could make stuff like Piece by Piece useful, but progess is a bit more linear than quality is so it's the less interesting of the two to work with.

The 'difficulty' of HQing 40 Dura crafts from NQ mats more or less feels spot on. It's the gear/80 crafts that are a bit too easy.
    (1)
    Last edited by Vortok; 11-12-2013 at 07:32 AM.

Player

Those are some very risky timers to be using with expensive mats in my opinion.

Tiny bit of server lag and the craft may be ruined.

Also what is the final % when there is a poor condition for the "Standard Touch" and every other touch is normal?

In the last "100% macro" I saw, it was not actually 100% (when used as stated, with recommended stats) due to the above scenario.
    (0)
    Last edited by scarebearz; 11-12-2013 at 01:51 PM.

Player
    Character
    Aph Raell
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by scarebearz View Post
    Those are some very risky timers to be using with expensive mats in my opinion.

Tiny bit of server lag and the craft may be ruined.

Also what is the final % when there is a poor condition for the "Standard Touch" and every other touch is normal?

In the last "100% macro" I saw, it was not actually 100% (when used as stated, with recommended stats) due to the above scenario.
    I use the macros as it is easier and saves a lot of time. I make alot of 2star crafts and haven't failed one yet. The use of macro's eliminates any "human" error which is quite easy with such a long sequence. But yes you are correct in stating there is a chance of failure if you have any lag. If you can't afford the loss of 1 craft I definitely recommend that you write the macro down and do it manually. I'll stick to the macro's though

As to your other question on the final % on a poor condition for the "Standard Touch" it will still be 100% at the end as long as you follow the macro sequence I stated and end it with Byregots Blessing. The whole idea of the sequence if to build up your Control with the Inner quiet buff, not actually progress the HQ bar through the touch actions. Though they are part of what makes it possible to hit 100% when added up.

If you have more CP you can tweak the macro even more for a even higher final touch. But at the moment there is no reason to as the sequence I've written will complete any current available crafting items to 100% HQ from NQ materials.

Offtopic - Hey Scarez have you gotten back to your previous gil amount that was taken from us during the RMT scandal? I lost 22mill, then got a 10 day forum ban for protesting a bit too aggressively afterwards!
    (0)
    Last edited by Aphraell; 11-12-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Player
    Character
    Vortok Mercadia
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphraell View Post
    As to your other question on the final % on a poor condition for the "Standard Touch" it will still be 100% at the end as long as you follow the macro sequence I stated and end it with Byregots Blessing.
    I had the same question elsewhere, but probably got lost in the shuffle/might've worded it poorly.

So basically using a Touch on a Poor condition without getting a Touch on the linked Excellent (such as right when SH I or II goes up) is irrelevant so long as the Byregot's is handled correctly (aka, you don't spam buffs and react if Excellent pops up before Ingenuity).

It would make sense. Saw Whitefall's method which was similar in actions used to build Quality except it lacked a Great Strides for the Standard + didn't use Innovation on Blessing so if that method does ok then yours likely has a large enough buffer to not care about those Poor conditions.

If that's the case, I did extra safety melds for nothing, haha. Go go future proofing my gear, I guess (and hoping better crafting gear isn't added too soon, heh). Unsure if they've impacted my ability to do 1 stars without food. Would've been nice to see how much the final quality action 'overkills' the bar.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vortok; 11-12-2013 at 07:01 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast