Character
    Puro Strider
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Lv 0

The Ultimate Black Mage Resources with Damage Calculator

(63)
    Last edited by PuroStrider; 01-02-2015 at 04:44 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sparda Amon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    wow just wow.

You sir have done an awesome job. Best google DOC I have ever seen for a game, everything is neat, clean and easy to read .

Will comment more later once I have a chance to go through it all
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nova Ultimatum
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    In FFXI endgame I knew some people who used DPS spreadsheets to calculate their average DPS for a particular boss/monster. You pretty much had columns to enter your gear/stats and that would be matched using a proxy RNG and the approx lvl/stats of the boss you picked or something. After playing with different gear sets you'd know what would be the best investment in terms of stats (e.g. needing higher accuracy for coil content etc)

Here's what I'm talking about:
    https://docs.google.com/folderview?i...&usp=drive_web
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sparda Amon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Question,

are you using HQ deviled eggs? or NQ in the spreadsheet?

Edit: Another question why are you listing Allagan wrist as BiS when the Hero bracelet offers DET instead of SS.

Edit 2: About the 429 Acc, you say 99.99% chance, in T4 & T5 I have 427 Acc using HQ stuffed food, yet I still miss a lot .
    (0)
    Last edited by NeoAmon; 10-31-2013 at 02:33 AM.

Player
    Character
    Puro Strider
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Lv 0
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoAmon View Post
    wow just wow.

You sir have done an awesome job. Best google DOC I have ever seen for a game, everything is neat, clean and easy to read .

Will comment more later once I have a chance to go through it all
    Thanks m8. Take your time. I can pretty much answer any question you have about the spreadsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaUltimatum View Post
    snip
    Never knew that exist. I'll check it out.

I just use my raw data and make my own calculator out of the blue. I don't even know who I am anymore. D:

Quote Originally Posted by NeoAmon View Post
    Question,

are you using HQ deviled eggs? or NQ in the spreadsheet?

Edit: Another question why are you listing Allagan wrist as BiS when the Hero bracelet offers DET instead of SS.

Edit 2: About the 429 Acc, you say 99.99% chance, in T4 & T5 I have 427 Acc using HQ stuffed food, yet I still miss like a nub
    HQ,

Yea the bracelet was a miss on my part. I was too excited to finally finish this damn ting (for now). Thanks for pointing that out.

As for the Acc, I tested 428 Acc a while back and missed 2 out of 900 casts. Tested 430 and 434 and have not missed once out of 2k+ casts.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sparda Amon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Between the 2 BiS sets which one are you aiming for? and why?

Personally I'm going with BiS 1 since I loath the looks of BLM Relic AF. It is also easier to switch T5 BiS once I have the shield and WP.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    The crit adjusted values in the calculator tab don't seem to be correct, unless I'm missing something. My Fire spell typically crits in the 990s and occasionally over 1000 without Raging Strikes or food. Fire 3 is usually in the 1400s. This is with Relic +1, Sorcerer Boots, Demagogue Ring, everything else Darklight.

Were you trying to convey that based on my crit value that that is what my Fire spell's damage is actually worth with crit factored in?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Puro Strider
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Lv 0
    @NeoAmon

I'm going for Set A myself. I've gotten everything except for Head, Body, Belt, and Earrings from Coil >.<

But yea, Allagan chest looks 1000x better than Sorc unless they decided remodel the Sorc coat, which is unlikely. Saving 825 myth tomes is a big plus also.

@Orophin

The calculator calculates "Average Damage per 100 Casts" with and without spell speed and/or crit factored in.

So, those crit values are not your individual crit for each cast. It combines both non-crit and crit damage in 100 casts and take the average of that.

If you want to know you crit range, all you have to do is multiple the "True Damage" by 1.5 and vola!

Hope that helps.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by PuroStrider View Post
    The calculator calculates "Average Damage per 100 Casts" with and without spell speed and/or crit factored in.

So, those crit values are not your individual crit for each cast. It combines both non-crit and crit damage in 100 casts and take the average of that.
    Ok, after looking at it again after my post that's what I figured.

Thanks for the spreadsheet by the way, it's very detailed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sparda Amon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Just a quick suggestion,

Could/would you please add the total stats gain + base stats under each BiS set? It would provide hard numbers on why each set is BiS, some baddies still thinks HQ crafted gear is better than ilvl90 gear. I even once had a crafter challenge me to 500k DPS bet in AK cause he has full melded crafted gear and my gear is no match to his (lel), he still owes me dat 500k.
    (0)

Page 1 of 235 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast