Player
    Character
    Attackat Muaddib
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50

RMT Round 2: Goldceo STILL winning - Mute RMTs' communication

So, since the last thread, RMT Goldceo no longer create characters with name. However, he came up with a new method to beat SE and still continue to spams the player base with RMT messages.

Goldceo now goes and create a fake character "Sdbcx Assf" (Leviathan), spams the player base, then deletes the said character, goes on and create another fake character "Cvbcfhf Fgdfhf" (Leviathan) and continues on with his spamming. Rinse and repeat. Blacklisting him is useless, as the character is deleted within minutes, and new one created right after.

SE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, implement a system so players CANNNOT SEND you private tells or any form of open communication other then SAY w/o having to PLAY the game. Make communication an earned privileged that aren't available until the player hits level 10, 15, 20, or joins a GC.

Unless this is done, RMTs can to just create new characters within seconds to continue their operation knowing SE cannot stop them.

I know this may sounds harsh, but unless drastic actions is taken to mute these RMTs mean of communication, SE will always be on the losing end of the battle.

jc
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Sayura Ava
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    His messages are getting more sophisticated too. Correct grammar and English, less alt-key characters..

It is evolving.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    King Zeus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    yep, i noticed it this morning

logged on, got a spam message, within 10-15 seconds i clicked my blist add <r> macro, and got the message "unable to add this user to blacklist" or whatever.
    cause they quickly logged out?

a few minutes later, BAM, same person spams me, click macro, "unable to add"

and then a third time
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yuuna Luna
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    The spam is out of control these past two days.

They really need to implement something where if you send x amount of tells in x amount of seconds it mutes you. Or if you are below such and such level you can only send tells to people on your friends list. This really shouldn't be something hard to tackle if they could only just make it so that five thousand people can't be messaged in less than ten seconds. I know that there are ways that spammers work around this, but an auto-mute system is despteralye needed. Spammers wouldn't even know that their messages weren't getting through then.

And I don't mean something that annoys players, I just mean a system whereby if you are sending an impossible amount of messages out you get silenced.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Erik Shepard
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by KingZeus View Post
    yep, i noticed it this morning

logged on, got a spam message, within 10-15 seconds i clicked my blist add <r> macro, and got the message "unable to add this user to blacklist" or whatever.
    cause they quickly logged out?

a few minutes later, BAM, same person spams me, click macro, "unable to add"

and then a third time
    Noticed that a few days ago when I started to spam them back. The system suddenly told me the tells could not be sent. Had 3-4 so far where the system said their characters could not be located when I blacklisted them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lolita Chan
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Banning spammers won't solve this problem. SE needs to focus on banning gil buyers. No customers, no sellers.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yvaine Isaulde
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassychan View Post
    Banning spammers won't solve this problem. SE needs to focus on banning gil buyers. No customers, no sellers.
    Sadly, it's not gonna happen. Gil buyers will always be there.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rivienne Bertouaint
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 36
    Actually it looks like they aren't deleting them. SE already fixed that: you can only create a certain number every 24 hours.

What it looks like they are doing is creating 8 of these characters, then logging in one to spam, then logging back out, log back in, rotating through different characters.

I don't know why you can't add to your blist someone who is currently offline though, so instead I walked into the quicksands and just waited until they logged back on, and blisted them before they even started.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tahldon Boyoikoh
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassychan View Post
    That sounds good in theory, but it's far more impossible to catch gil buyers than it is to catch the spammers, in my opinion.

The thing about the gil sellers is that they aren't ignorant. They know how to circumvent the system enough to keep taking advantage of things. It's absolutely insane how much effort they're putting in the game to cheat and make a quick buck. For the amount of harassment that they're giving players, I can hardly think that it's worth the small amount of change that they're fighting for.

All we can do is encourage our friends not to buy gil and promote these guys and report the messages to SE so that they can actively see what is being changed in the gil spammer's messages and amend their policies to combat it. I'll admit, I'm guilty of blacklisting some of the spammers without reporting them, but I'll do my small part and take the effort to fill out the little support ticket and send it in if it helps even a little.

Yoshi P said it himself, the gil sellers are always one step ahead. It must be a pain to fight that uphill battle.
    (1)
    Well... "Common" sense isn't all that common anymore, now is it?

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    SE should make it so that you can only send /t to people on your friends list until level 20. That'll solve the issue.
    (2)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast