Hybrid View

Player
    Character
    Daishi Velklair
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50

Warrior "buff" in 2.1: not what we are expecting?

Im not sure about the incoming changes to Warrior. The message thats circling around does not make mention of the current flaws that Warrior has (i.e; not so great HP pool and close to pathetic self healing, to name a few). Remember that not long ago Yoshi said; "Warrior is working as intended..."
    The issue mentioned message is about the strategy thats currently being employed by players in coil where 2 pallys are used. They only seem to promise to tweak Warrior so that it can be used in coil to take on the role they "intended" it to have (which in my opinion, is that of the janitor, that is here to take care of the trash mobs). The only real issue mentioned in the message is that of our stun cd.

So my question is; does anybody think this so called "buff" to warriors is nothing more than a minimal alteration to make us useful tanking trash mobs in coil, rather than giving us our rightful place as an equally effective MT next to the Paladin?
    Or am I paranoid?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yagrush Dire
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    They did mention they were gonna make around 7 adjustments, so who knows how much things they are actually changing, aside from the brutal swing change and the "WARs cant bypass the turn 1 mechanic like PLDs can" thing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Myrhn Shirayuki
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    How can you say "is not what we expected" if you not even sure what are the changes?
    (16)
    I love the official forums, they tell you to use the search for thread about what you wanted to talk but when you use it they judge for necro a thread.

Player
    Character
    Wood Berry
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrhn View Post
    How can you say "is not what we expected" if you not even sure what are the changes?
    Well, based on Yoshi saying warriors were fine and not understanding that pallies would use their abilities to get through content, I think it is safe to assume that whatever changes are coming, they most certainly won't be what is expected. Probably won't make any sense whatsoever.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    M'aqaqa Qimi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodberry View Post
    Well, based on Yoshi saying warriors were fine and not understanding that pallies would use their abilities to get through content, I think it is safe to assume that whatever changes are coming, they most certainly won't be what is expected. Probably won't make any sense whatsoever.
    I am afraid you are right >.<
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Taemek Frozenberg
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I'm confused how 7.5k+ hp is "not so great hp pool..."...../boogle

Also, it still stands that Paladins will likely receive adjustments that brings them down to our level and finally, Yoshida said that Warriors were working as intended alas their need for some minor tweaks, he did however mention that the use of 2 PLD's to trivialize Coil was not intended.
    (5)
    Last edited by Taemek; 10-30-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Player
    Character
    Vactus Serakai
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Taemek View Post
    I'm confused how 7.5k+ hp is "not so great hp pool..."...../boogle

Also, it still stands that Paladins will likely receive adjustments that brings them down to our level and finally, Yoshida said that Warriors were working as intended alas their need for some minor tweaks, he did however mention that the use of 2 PLD's to trivialize Coil was not intended.
    I could have sworn Yoshi said that instead of nerfing content or PLD, they'd be buffing (adjusting) WAR. A single PLD can tank Cadecus... something that wasn't intended.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Taemek Frozenberg
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Vactus View Post
    I could have sworn Yoshi said that instead of nerfing content or PLD, they'd be buffing (adjusting) WAR. A single PLD can tank Cadecus... something that wasn't intended.
    He didn't really say any such thing about buffing Warriors at all, he did however apologize for 2 x PLD's trivializing Coil though and that wasn't intended. He went on to say that Warriors would get a look, including their Stun skill which has a long animation time compared to other melee classes stun abilities which has a short animation time.

The thing people don't seem to be aware of is, if Warriors were made to be able to tank as efficiently and effectively as a PLD, why would anyone then take a PLD over a Warrior, and then Warriors are in the same predicament as PLD's and getting doubled up on in Coil and any other future content because now we tank as good as PLD's but do more DPS as well in the process, so now PLD's will be here crying nerf Warriors DPS OR buff PLD's to Warriors DPS..... it is a never ending vicious circle.

I'm not interested in tanking as good as a PLD because I happen to like my DPS in tank spec and out of tank spec. If that is altered, it defeats the purpose of playing a Warrior unless they can make Warriors have a DPS stance so we can melee DPS also.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Vactus Serakai
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Taemek View Post
    I'm not interested in tanking as good as a PLD because I happen to like my DPS in tank spec and out of tank spec. If that is altered, it defeats the purpose of playing a Warrior unless they can make Warriors have a DPS stance so we can melee DPS also.
    There is math out there that shows PLD has better dps than a WAR. Even so, the dps difference isn't large. Not enough to be excited over anyways.

As for the rest, I had only read a translation and it might have been a rough trans.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Zekron Kelberog
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Vactus View Post
    There is math out there that shows PLD has better dps than a WAR. Even so, the dps difference isn't large. Not enough to be excited over anyways.

As for the rest, I had only read a translation and it might have been a rough trans.
    That math is useless. I use both classes and WAR does out DPS the PLD. For some reason I can clear AK faster with my WAR than with a PLD.
    (1)

Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast