Player
    Character
    King Drako
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 76

Buy your Tanking Food Now

Prices will Sky Rocket in 2.1 now that Food will persist even after death. More Demand = Less Raw Mats to make them = Higher Mat Prices = Higher Food Prices.

(2)
    Last edited by OmegaSinX; 12-08-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Player
    Character
    Aria Placida
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 88
    All true, but you forgot to subtract out the demand increase that comes with having to re-use food after dying.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    King Drako
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridiana View Post
    All true, but you forgot to subtract out the demand increase that comes with having to re-use food after dying.
    With that said, I think the demand will still be higher in 2.1. Unless your loaded with gil, Most people dont buy food because you lost the effect when you die. Essentially burning Thousands in Mins when raiding. A good piece of food is essentially 1-2 accessories, now that it last thru death, its too good to pass up.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Altimis Farron
    World
    Aegis
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    You forgot one fact

Why peoples should bother PVP? this game not even PVP based

And if there even reward for getting items in PVP, you can have 6 friends play each others to work this out too
    (1)

Player
    Character
    King Drako
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Altimis View Post
    You forgot one fact

Why peoples should bother PVP? this game not even PVP based

And if there even reward for getting items in PVP, you can have 6 friends play each others to work this out too
    The intent of the post was to advise people to buy food in general, not just for pvp. Also, I wont be surprised if PVP becomes really big part of this game because Yoshi-P is a Fan of PVP
    (0)

Player
    Character
    M'aqaqa Qimi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaSinX View Post
    Yoshi-P is a Fan of PVP
    As a player? Sure he was a damn good Daoc player.
    As a developer? I doubt he really takes PVP seriously, it just doesnt fit the FF world.

And regarding food, we really need more apkallu camps!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    King Drako
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Maqaqa View Post
    As a developer? I doubt he really takes PVP seriously, it just doesnt fit the FF world.

And regarding food, we really need more apkallu camps!
    I guess we shall see. I think they can make it work, regardless if it fits story. I love the Player vs Player aspect as it's always unpredictable and adding pvp will expand the games audience and keep people playing longer....I mean how long can you farm Dungeons before you go insane.

We are competitive creatures by nature, and player vs player aspect feeds that nature. That's why Games like Call of Duty, Madden, (Heck even) Pokemon Refuse to Die.

And yea, apkallu might go extinct come patch 2.1 lol
    (0)
    Last edited by OmegaSinX; 12-08-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Player
    Character
    Tzar Uck
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50

I dont agree with you OP

I'm level 50 CUL

And i find that making GIL in this game is pointless.

The main source or worth in this game is TOMES and as long as you can trade TOMES for GEAR that is = to crafted gear then crafted gear holds no value in the end.

The only thing thats ever going to be inflated in the markets is ( MATERIA )

Foods can be had by any NPC selling at random locations. Using the LIBRA app. one should never ever have to buy crafted foods unless your just wanting HQ versions.

With the BONUS to crafting skills added in 2.1 FC Housing. you could prob. level CUL to max in less than 3 days. Given the repeatable LEVE quest items can be purchased instead of crafted.

But man.. what a joke that everyone has the ability to level every craft to 50 within a month. What good will GIL be then ? Everyone can craft their own needs.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    King Drako
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by aray0002 View Post
    I'm level 50 CUL

And i find that making GIL in this game is pointless.

The main source or worth in this game is TOMES and as long as you can trade TOMES for GEAR that is = to crafted gear then crafted gear holds no value in the end.
    I have a few level 50 DoH and I dont craft for gil, I craft to be the Best. I'm a Min/Maxer type of guy. So if I want to be the best, Im either going to blow millions paying others for food/potions/gear or level crafting classes to be self sufficient. I chose the 2nd.

With that said. i dont think crafting is useless. Some crafted gear is better than the ilvl 90 gear. Take the Grypho skin accessories for example. For a Tank, the lvl 90 accessories only offer VIT PAR and ACC (with some not having ACC or PAR). While the Gypho Can offer VIT STR DEX DET ACC PAR & Skill Speed. I find i do a way better job tanking with those than the lvl90 items while only sacarficing alil bit of hp.

You cant buy the best foods from vendors. Some foods equate to about 2 accessory pieces or 1 ilvl 90 accessory. And in the future, I think Crafting classes will play a even bigger role .
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vortok Mercadia
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Altimis View Post
    Why peoples should bother PVP?

Many people don't need much more reason than "because it's there." Especially when it involves competing against other people.

I can see both view points in regards to food. Some people may buy more, because it will persist through death. Others (that are already buying food) will buy less for the same reason. I'd wager that a large portion of the playerbase still won't bother using CLN crafted food, if any at all.
    (2)
    Last edited by Vortok; 12-08-2013 at 08:34 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast