Page 14 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Edward Volcdegen
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    ... Why did my posts about HP get deleted? Was someone that upset with them? Yeesh.

I still wager we might see WAR having a skill increase in power with more VIT, but that's just wishful thinking.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alaik Ropaire
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
    We finished the theorycrafting on the major aspects of the class that you're arguing about a long time ago. The only reason it keeps getting brought up is because there are loads of people out there just like you that suffer so heavily from confirmation bias that you're willing to ignore the math because it doesn't fit with your cherry picked and observationally skewed anecdotal evidence.

The fact that you still think that WAR is fine when it's been gone over *numerous* times that it's not just l2p that WAR is *explicitly* inferior to PLD just shows how much you're willing to ignore to satisfy your own preconceived notion that you're so amazing that you break the math.
    Pretty much. "I DONT NEED MATH I HAVE A HEALER CARRY" is what this is starting to sound like.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Illyasviel Einzbern
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by nijian View Post
    Why are people bitching about WAR getting a buff, period? Would you rather content or PLD get nerfed? No? STFU then, and play WAR or go slap on another weap, and leave the WAR players to doing what enjoy doing. Playing their WAR classes.
    Some of us don't like being mathematically 2-3 times weaker than the other tank class when it counts.

I have both WAR and PLD at 50 now and the difference in how much damage I take as PLD and require healing for versus when WAR is incredible.
    (0)

Planned Changes to Warrior in Patch 2.1

Producer and director Yoshi-P here.

I understand that all our warriors out there are eager to know what patch 2.1 has in store for them. While we’re still in the testing stages, I’d like to give you a preview of what we have planned. Please keep in mind that warrior is still being tested in all encounters available in 2.1, and the following information is subject to change.

Marauder Changes
    • Brutal Swing
      - Recast time will be reduced from 30 to 20 seconds, increasing the frequency with which players can stun foes.
    • Overpower
      - Enmity generated by this skill has been increased.
    • Storm's Eye
      - TP cost will be reduced from 70 to 60.
    • Storm's Path
      - TP cost will be reduced from 90 to 60.
      - This skill will also reduce damage dealt by enemies for a period of time.
    • Holmgang
      - Range will be increased from 3 yalms to 6, to make the skill more effective.
      - This skill will now pull enemies toward your character.
      - When using this skill, a player's HP cannot be reduced lower than 1.
      - The animation for this skill will be revised. (See screenshot above)
    • Vengeance
      - This skill will also reduce damage taken by 30%.
    • Mercy Stroke
      - Recast time will be reduced from 60 to 40 seconds, improving ease of use.
    • Thrill of Battle
      - Effect duration will be extended from 10 to 20 seconds.

Warrior Changes
    • Defiance
      - Enmity generated by this skill will be increased.
      - This skill will also increase HP recovery via curing magic by 20%.
    • Wrath
      - The improved healing effect granted by Wrath will be removed. Instead, the improved healing effect will be granted by Defiance.
    • Inner Beast
      - Due to overall balance changes, HP absorbed by damage dealt will be reduced from 300% to 100%
      - Damage taken will be reduced by 20% for 6 seconds.
    • Steel Cyclone
      - This skill will generate increased enmity.
    • Unchained
      - Recast time will be reduced from 180 to 120 seconds, improving ease of use.
    The main focus of these changes—as the seasoned warriors among you have already observed— was Inner Beast and its HP absorption effect. With these changes, warriors will no longer be dependent on a single skill to recover HP, and have overall improved defense.

To put it simply, we want to ensure the role of warriors as durable tanks. This is why we've also adjusted the effects of Wrath and Defiance. As currently implemented, warriors are forced to lose their healing bonus when using certain skills. However, these changes will allow players to use their warrior skills without sacrificing improved healing, and also maintain the critical hit bonus of Wrath.

Although warrior will no longer recover immense amounts of HP in a single use of Inner Beast, these changes should improve the overall defensive capability of warriors and the ability to heal them using a support class or job.

Patch 2.1 may seem a long way off, but please understand that we have to test these balance changes not only in encounters to be introduced in the upcoming patch, but all existing encounters as well.
    (Please refer to a previous post for details on why we cannot break up patch 2.1)
    While I regret having to keep you waiting, I am confident these changes, along with the numerous additions we have planned for patch 2.1, will be well worth your patience.
    (262)

Player
    Character
    Tirion Crey
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 86
    If these changes make it into 2.1 as stated here...WAR will be the new go-to tank.

I totally support the buffs in general for WAR...but this list is just OP xD
    To even think this "balances" things out is ridiculous...this puts WAR way ahead of PLD easily lol
    (37)

Player
    Character
    Kuma Akuma
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Holmgang

Is this for the War or the target? Does this mean War can not die for the duration of Holmgang?
    (3)
    (>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ_ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ_ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ_ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Player
    Character
    Fiofel Zalalafell
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by KumaAkuma View Post
    Holmgang

Is this for the War or the target? Does this mean War can not die for the duration of Holmgang?
    I'm interpreting this as the Player/Warrior's HP so that the Warrior could not die til' Holmgang ends.

Will still need healing to survive the auto-attack after Holmgang ends. Almost like a Hallowed Ground, but you still wanna heal da man.
    (13)
    Last edited by Fiosha_Maureiba; 11-20-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Player
    Character
    Caar Masters
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    It is cool and all, especially holmgang, but it feels more like a PLD, and the change of inner beast from 300% to 100% will make the ability mostly useless with all the newly added mitigation, and the fact that the curing bonus wont go away with the removal of wrath, just get the stacks and use inner beast and repeat, might as well remove infuriate. I felt war was fine btw, not as good as pld but could do the same with more work. I felt the changes should've been more ways to add stacks of wrath like giving thrill, bloodbath, holmgang, etc, give stacks of wrath. Now we are a PLD which I dont like and went with warrior, thank you SE
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Tirion Crey
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by KumaAkuma View Post
    Holmgang

I understood it this way that this counts for the WAR. Basically saying after using Holmgang, for the effect of Holmgang he can't be killed. If they don't raise the CD on Holmgang with this...totally OP <.<
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Caar Masters
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by TirionCrey View Post
    I understood it this way that this counts for the WAR. Basically saying after using Holmgang, for the effect of Holmgang he can't be killed. If they don't raise the CD on Holmgang with this...totally OP <.<
    Well it will probably be if the target will get the effect of holmgang which its not possible on most bosses
    (0)

Page 14 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast