Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70
    Player
    Character
    J'kenrir Yojhi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    =Surian;1671712]Warrior was already one of the more powerful tanks. Anyone who didnt see it was either playing it wrong (you simply cant bring the same strategies and setups with a WAR) or is massively trolling.

If these rediculous changes go through (and they really look like they are...) it's nothing short of seeing the jobs as:

Warrior = Warrior + Paladin
    Paladin = Paladin + nothing.

Why play Paladin then still, when Warrior has all the skills and benefits of both jobs. Opposed to Paladin who is just stuck with less HP, less damage output, less enmity, longer cooldowns and whatever they dont have that WAR has now.
    Pld still has a better CD suite, mitigates damage beforehand on incoming attacks and not after the fact. Mobs still have to go through two checks on pld before doing mitigated damage. Pld still recieves a higher "healing bonus" due to the effect of shield oath.

To top it off, new storms path used in conjunction with shield oath for pld(with war offtank) gives pld by default a base damage reduction of 30%. Not including the small % reduced by RoH.

I don't see a problem. Just leave war where they were with no way to reliably tank future, harder hitting content and make the class useless and abandoned?

War was not fine in comparison to pld post titan. If you think war is as good as pld pre 2.1 you are blind. Can the content be done with war? Yes, is it anywhere as efficient as pld? No.

There are times when I straight up think in coil, "man this would be easier on my group if I had leveled pld" since they constantly run into mp issues healing my war. Is it really gonna be bad to share the spotlight with war post patch?

The two tanks will be relatively equal this patch and compliment each other rather than the best mt or ot for a pld is another pld.
    (1)
    Last edited by Leonus; 12-16-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Player
    Character
    Colin Chulainn
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Surian View Post
    Warrior was already one of the more powerful tanks. Anyone who didnt see it was either playing it wrong (you simply cant bring the same strategies and setups with a WAR) or is massively trolling.

If these rediculous changes go through (and they really look like they are...) it's nothing short of seeing the jobs as:

Warrior = Warrior + Paladin
    Paladin = Paladin + nothing.

Why play Paladin then still, when Warrior has all the skills and benefits of both jobs. Opposed to Paladin who is just stuck with less HP, less damage output, less enmity, longer cooldowns and whatever they dont have that WAR has now.
    I apologize for my friend, he snorted 4 whole marijuanas before coming to this forum.
    (2)

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70