Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Here's what I'm expecting:

Inner Beast will be changed so that it's not harder to heal WARs ( or as hard it is to heal them currently ) after using it. How it is currently WAR uses all their Wrath stacks and all their healbuffs when using Inner Beast. So what they can do is to give Inner Beast a "Cost" of <5 Wrath. So Instead of using 5 Wrath Stacks for Inner Beast you use 3. That way you can combo your way back up to five instead of using Infuriate or having to wait 8 cool downs to get your wrath stacks back. So that would make it easier.

Another thing people were confused about was WHEN to use Inner Beast. So something that could make it easier is making Innerbeast heal a flat percentage. That way you and your healers know that once you get down to a certain number the WAR can heal.

Stuns will be made so that the stun goes off more reliably. This is due to long animations. WAR in general is too much of a showy class. It's so animation-y that it gets in the way of play. Brutal Swing is just one of the issues. Overpower is another. I'm a WAR and I'm waving my axe around! Yeehaw! Yeah uh that's great but it's point less. I expect Overpower gets a shorter animation. Maybe Butchers block but that one doesn't seem as excessive.

I expect a buff to Foresight (but not additional cross class skills from PLD). I hope it becomes a flat damage reduction, similar to rampart.

As for the other stuff All bets are off!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sinbound Seraphim
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Honestly the one I kind of hope for is to have Steel Cyclone generate Threat and not use Wrath or use less wrath. Other than that I hope that they change Unchained to be a stance rather than a ability like Sword Oath. Currently it is pretty pointless.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    D'momo Pascal
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    How about everyone just put their pants back on, and just *wait* (I know, hard concept to grasp) for specific details/patch notes/2.1 update to happen, and then you can go critique the actual changes instead of spinning up dozens of these threads to rage about speculation, rumors, and misinformation.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Taemek Frozenberg
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitokirinomad View Post
    First, it makes perfect sense to do a comparison of Sword Oath to non Defiance, and Defiance to Shield Oath, as those are the equivalent states (OT v MT). However, there is a difference of FIFTY strength in Paikis's comparison. So yes, when using his high emnity combo he would pull quite easily from the PLD. What he is missing is that in Sword Oath, with that disparity in gear and stats, as a PLD he would *also* quite easily pull aggro. So it is in no way a valid comparison. It's not 'grasping at straws', it's called 'reducing variables'. Part of that math thing that apparently real life doesn't account for. Hell, even without the gear, I doubt the PLD is using Spirits Within on cooldown (for ADS) because it has to be saved for silence DR, which will further decrease the PLD's damage.

To be clear, the argument isn't that PLD outdamages WAR, the argument is 'given equal gear level, spec, and skill of players, WAR DPS is not significantly higher enough than PLD to justify the mitigation difference.' If WAR DPS potential was actually higher than PLD DPS potential by 20-40%, it would at least be something to point to. But that is not the case. Anecdotal evidence of OT doing more damage than MT means..not much.
    Hmm not sure if you are keeping up, your argument is all over the place and incoherent.

Firstly, the anecdotal evidence of the OT doing more then the MT means everything. Unless he changes his gear out to tank in, no variables have changed, so the same DPS he does as OT will be the same DPS he does as MT. Using ADS was a bad example imho, however if a fight lasted an infinity amount of time, the Warrior would have the longer legs on enimity generation due to simply being a higher DPS tank class. It is safe to assume here, seeing he has VIT + Parry socketed in to those so called "DPS trinkets" which by the way have been proven to be BiS for Warriors as per the http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...zation-for-WAR thread, that he does Tank in that gear spec.

Secondly, its a real time scenario, not real life and the argument we are referring too is people comparing Sword Oath vs. Defiance to justify the reason why PLD's out dps Warriors, see the issue here? Who, as a PLD tanks in Sword Oath where it matters? Parsing real time is all the matters unless your math is able to calculate wait times, jousting, movement and all the other unpredictable situations that arise during a fight. In saying that, yes it is possible to maximize your DPS by minimizing certain variables, however math has been displayed on these forums particularly as a 100% consistent up time, which we all know does not happen in a real time environment.

Thirdly, assuming you know the STR wall limits, he might be only utilizing 35 of that 50 STR. As such I don't think anyone has concrete anecdotal evidence that supports true high values as yet.

The same math you all claim to be true here can be applied here to find the gap between the Paladin and Warrior in question. Assume he does 40% more DPS then said Paladin using said gear specs. Even if the Paladin closed those gaps to either mirror the same gear spec, he still would not come close to even remotely closing that 40% gap at this point in the game, there is simply not enough stat gain to be had in the small amount of stats that are different. You are talking about, maybe closing it by 10% at most and that's doing rough figures in my head.

I am still waiting for those parses if anyone feels keen on doing them, test dummies await a beating. Pretty easy to do the parses I believe. Just put them both in full DL gear, same quality weapon Relic or Relic +1 and have at it for a few hours on the test dummies. Post the parsed data on the forums.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sakasa Kuro
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 58
    Quote Originally Posted by dark494 View Post
    How about everyone just put their pants back on, and just *wait* (I know, hard concept to grasp) for specific details/patch notes/2.1 update to happen, and then you can go critique the actual changes instead of spinning up dozens of these threads to rage about speculation, rumors, and misinformation.
    Well people are going to rage regardless since some people still want WAR to be a DD. But personally I think speculation is a fun social activity that really shouldn't be frowned upon.

Quote Originally Posted by HiirNoivl View Post
    txt limit
    Not too sure about the flat rate. Damage done does give a priority to building offensively which I do enjoy that aspect (but since non crafted gear seems to be design for a static base line in mind for tanks). On the fact that inner beast does not interrupt the combo I am not sure how they will handle the extra DPS WAR will do since there is less of a dead stretch on the ramp up for inner beast. The animations though do not seem to be a problem in the long run (albiet you are much further down the treadmill then I am) because they work very well even in less then optimal conditions (except running with overpowered gives a mnk like ability cut) but they do lack luster compared to the PLDs side where flash with built in blind and spirits with silence have the extra dps. Just as locky but two fold benefit. So that adjustment might make it feel better but result in the same overall comparison (most judge in optimal setting).

Quote Originally Posted by Seidaku View Post
    txt limit
    Well steel cyclone is a really odd move in general, because it has alot of potential to be too strong even with a damage reduction. So I think a buff and leaving it on five might work out just fine but leaving as it is works well to because in alot of ways its like flare great in specific instances. And on that point I think unchained fits its purpose greatly. It is the alternative to inner since you will not always be waiting for the next big hit to inner beast after. So popping that for a quick boost in dps while you ramp back up and the fight starts getting serious and as a finisher when going for the big burn. But that might just be a personal play style thing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sakasa; 10-31-2013 at 12:48 AM.
    Mitsuda Yasunori + Soken Masayoshi Track Collaboration 2015! <The Dream>

Player
    Character
    Zekron Kelberog
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Vactus View Post
    There is math out there that shows PLD has better dps than a WAR. Even so, the dps difference isn't large. Not enough to be excited over anyways.

As for the rest, I had only read a translation and it might have been a rough trans.
    That math is useless. I use both classes and WAR does out DPS the PLD. For some reason I can clear AK faster with my WAR than with a PLD.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Taemek Frozenberg
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by dark494 View Post
    I agree, I like pants.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kitru Kitera
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Taemek View Post
    Yeah..........truth is you guys are grasping at straws now days and the fact remains that Warriors out DPS PLD's by a considerable margin, end of story.
    Honestly, I've got no idea what *you're* talking about and bringing up the comparison with a single tank that you already know that you can regularly pull off of because you outgear him doesn't really say much. While in Shield Oath, using a relic weapon and a mix of AK and DL gear, I've pulled threat off of a full DK PLD with relic +1. While it's pretty hard to screw up RoH, it's pretty obvious that a lot of people end up doing just that, whether by not using FoF, CoS, and SW like they should be or leaving gaps in between attacks rather than queueing up a new attack right before the reset timer finishes.

I've pulled off of WARs in better gear on my PLD and pulled off of PLDs in better gear on my WAR. I've done the same when I'm playing the same class as the other tank. I've had to restrain myself when running with pretty much every tank I've ever paired up with because I know exactly how to maximize my damage and enmity generation and a lot of people *don't*, even when they're supposedly amazing tanks that have never had enmity problems before (and, yes, I've run with FCs that say that their tank's enmity is amazing only to find out that they get completely bowled over by me).

Using your single data point means absolutely nothing. Half of the PLD DPS parses that I've seen mean nothing either because there are a *lot* of PLDs that are completely and utterly incompetent yet still progress because doing the absolute minimum to progress while playing a PLD is remarkably simple. When parses start existing that don't suck massively and we start collecting data points from similar skilled and geared PLDs and WARs, the question of practice v. theory will be answered but, having played both a prolific amount with numerous other tanks and solo as well, I haven't noticed *any* kind of evidence that suggests appreciable deviation from the theory, assuming that the PLD isn't just facerolling their way to victory.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Taemek Frozenberg
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by HiirNoivl View Post
    Here's what I'm expecting:

Inner Beast will be changed so that it's not harder to heal WARs ( or as hard it is to heal them currently ) after using it. How it is currently WAR uses all their Wrath stacks and all their healbuffs when using Inner Beast. So what they can do is to give Inner Beast a "Cost" of <5 Wrath. So Instead of using 5 Wrath Stacks for Inner Beast you use 3. That way you can combo your way back up to five instead of using Infuriate or having to wait 8 cool downs to get your wrath stacks back. So that would make it easier.

Another thing people were confused about was WHEN to use Inner Beast. So something that could make it easier is making Innerbeast heal a flat percentage. That way you and your healers know that once you get down to a certain number the WAR can heal.

Stuns will be made so that the stun goes off more reliably. This is due to long animations. WAR in general is too much of a showy class. It's so animation-y that it gets in the way of play. Brutal Swing is just one of the issues. Overpower is another. I'm a WAR and I'm waving my axe around! Yeehaw! Yeah uh that's great but it's point less. I expect Overpower gets a shorter animation. Maybe Butchers block but that one doesn't seem as excessive.

I expect a buff to Foresight (but not additional cross class skills from PLD). I hope it becomes a flat damage reduction, similar to rampart.

As for the other stuff All bets are off!
    I don't understand how it can be perceived as so hard. PvE is static and linear. You know what's coming and how to overcome it. Use IB? Pop Infuriate right after and straight back in to Wrath V. Need to help healers with a slight top up but don't want to blow Wrath V? Second Wind and if things are looking grim, use Berserk on a Second Wind. I dunno, the game is not as hard as people make it out to be. What makes it hard is, people who don't fulfil their job roles 110% and only give it 70% making the rest of the party to make up for their inability to play or care.

You are assuming that healers will just eventually key on that Warriors will heal themselves when under x% due to IB. I like that you are being optimistic, but I have to apologise here and be the pessimistic and say, I don't have your faith.

I agree with you to a certain extent on the animation, but you can work around it due to the fact that our animations continue to play while moving and the fact that for example, you can trigger Overpower and turn the instance you use it and run or move and it will still hit everything you had in front of you with out even being there. Once the system has done the check on what was there and you execute the skill, that's all you need. Another example for Overpower is, its usage range is quite large, meaning it can be executed on a group of NPC's before you even agro them as you run in, meaning as you are running in, your animation is ticking over and when they agro you, your Overpower is going off at same time. Brutal Swing however, needs a faster animation time for sure, no doubt about it.

Warrior seems like a clunky class at the beginning, but once you realize that you don't have to be planted and are just as mobile as any other class, there isn't much of an issue.
    (1)
    Last edited by Taemek; 10-31-2013 at 01:42 AM.

Player
    Character
    Taemek Frozenberg
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
    Honestly, I've got no idea what *you're* talking about and bringing up the comparison with a single tank that you already know that you can regularly pull off of because you outgear him doesn't really say much. While in Shield Oath, using a relic weapon and a mix of AK and DL gear, I've pulled threat off of a full DK PLD with relic +1. While it's pretty hard to screw up RoH, it's pretty obvious that a lot of people end up doing just that, whether by not using FoF, CoS, and SW like they should be or leaving gaps in between attacks rather than queueing up a new attack right before the reset timer finishes.

I've pulled off of WARs in better gear on my PLD and pulled off of PLDs in better gear on my WAR. I've done the same when I'm playing the same class as the other tank. I've had to restrain myself when running with pretty much every tank I've ever paired up with because I know exactly how to maximize my damage and enmity generation and a lot of people *don't*, even when they're supposedly amazing tanks that have never had enmity problems before (and, yes, I've run with FCs that say that their tank's enmity is amazing only to find out that they get completely bowled over by me).

Using your single data point means absolutely nothing. Half of the PLD DPS parses that I've seen mean nothing either because there are a *lot* of PLDs that are completely and utterly incompetent yet still progress because doing the absolute minimum to progress while playing a PLD is remarkably simple. When parses start existing that don't suck massively and we start collecting data points from similar skilled and geared PLDs and WARs, the question of practice v. theory will be answered but, having played both a prolific amount with numerous other tanks and solo as well, I haven't noticed *any* kind of evidence that suggests appreciable deviation from the theory, assuming that the PLD isn't just facerolling their way to victory.
    So show us some parses that you deem to be worthy of acceptance to the overall community so we can subject it too further evaluation and criticism or are you still having trouble understanding? We need a standard to begin to work from, what say you Kitru, show us your DPS on both your PLD and Warrior so we can begin.

I mean seriously, if there is any place better to flash your epeen, I figured it would be here on the forums with parses to support your eclaim, right? Yet I see nothing.....
    (2)
    Last edited by Taemek; 10-31-2013 at 01:46 AM.

Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast