Player
    Character
    Ginzo Kazama
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaven View Post
    I noticed a lot of Warriors / Marauders on here stating "OMG love the changes, thank you sooo much!"

This would lead me to believe said individuals don't know how to play their class that effectively, been party and witness to Warriors tanking all content very effectively, admittedly they needed a retouch on some aspects but what SE have done has definitely made the job now a job that even a mentally retracted slowpoke can play. The attraction the job had was that it required a lot of knowledge and know how, to be able to warrant calling yourself a good player, it'll now just be an easy mode class to play for those whom are less fortunate in the IQ area.

Some of the changes definitely seem excessive but ack well, SE going balls out again to completely derail this game.

The troll is strong in this one.
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Vesuvan Nijian
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    STFU and go away, jealous PLD. :P
    (4)

3. 11-21-2013 01:41 AM
    Reason
    Herp Derp formatting fail.

Player
    Character
    Chronos Raum
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 25
    Quote Originally Posted by Maqaqa View Post
    Good PLDs will still kick ass, however bad PLDs will have a much harder competition now.
    Some of you gave us so much crap during the last three months, its time to take it back.
    What a great attitude.

I personally want balance between the two jobs, but I guess it's just about one upping the other in your opinion.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Womble O'flaherty
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    If what's quoted there remains unchanged before 2.1 is implemented (rather doubtful), I can see Warriors being slightly better tanks than paladins, when played perfectly.

That was sort of the point of the dev's previous statements, wasn't it?
    That they saw WAR being the "Skill" tank, and Paladin the uncomplicated damage sponge...?

Realistically a War would now have one mitigation cooldown that they can pop immediately on-demand (Vengeance) and one mitigation cooldown that needs careful timing but can be used more regularly than Paladin's Cooldowns (Inner Beast). Holmgang is an anti-oneshot button, not an Invulnerability cooldown. The rest (like moving the +Healing to Defiance instead of Wrath) was a long time in coming, and definitely needed to stop WARs from having to gimp themselves in order to trigger their mitigation. Those are GOOD changes. They also don't totally overshadow PLD's mitigation suite - Rampart, Sentinel, Bulwark, a more powerful Convalescence, AoE Blind, GCD Stun, Crossclass Stoneskin, and Hallowed Ground.

PLD is STILL going to be the "safe" uncomplicated damage sponge - they will still be able to spike higher mitigation than WARs for short periods of time and generate AoE hate for much longer than WARs without running out of ability fuel... but WARs will be able to attain situationally better ST tanking performance (depending on the encounter and player skill) due to the timing on Inner Beast. Again: this is GOOD, we want Tanks to be "better" at different types of content and work well together so that there is room for both of them in an endgame party.

The debuffs that WAR can do and PLD can do greatly compliment each other in a party - about the only thing I would change here is to make PLD inflict some form of damage resistance debuff that affects WAR's Axe damage (perhaps on their 'Riot Blade' Combo!) since with these changes WARs will now have TWO debuffs that are not affected by DR (one that increases the damage enemies take, and one that decreases the damage they inflict) whereas PLD will still only have one (-damage inflicted).
    (9)

Player
    Character
    M'aqaqa Qimi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Flionheart View Post
    What a great attitude.

Oh wait, you're an asshat.
    For stating the truth?
    Nice edit btw trolololol.

Oh god this is going to be fun! XD
    Btw do you realize this is a good thing for GOOD paladins? They wont be mistaken for bandwagoners anymore.

At last this game has two viable tanks. The sky is falling!
    (12)
    Last edited by Maqaqa; 11-21-2013 at 01:52 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kossu Blackthorne
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Currently I think PLD and WAR are pretty close to each other when it comes to threat. PLD may have some troubles with AoE, but after this update WAR is going to pass PLD at threat and I think that for most occasions it's a good thing. PLD still has more cooldowns, passive dmg reduce and shield which makes them easier to heal because taking less dmg.

Think something like Coil 2 is an good example with -25% dmg reduce for tanks. Combination of WAR + PLD will be awesome because WAR can generate a lot of threat at start which PLD gets with Provoke.
    Second thing I would think is Coil 4 where PLD still should tank single target while WAR goes AoE.

Currently 2x PLD is pretty much always best way to go and I'm hoping this will make WAR + PLD as best combination for most end game content.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Valc Kyard
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    This is in itself a great change. For people saying its too much, it still a reactive class more than a prevention job, which is why i like playing warrior and make it more fun.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sewell Redd
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaven View Post
    The attraction the job had was that it required a lot of knowledge and know how
    Don't kid your self. The attraction is that people want to hit things with an axe.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Gaust Euler
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ValcKyard View Post
    This is in itself a great change. For people saying its too much, it still a reactive class more than a prevention job, which is why i like playing warrior and make it more fun.
    There's nothing reactive about WAR in the new changes. They are essentially a different flavour PLD.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Taneshima Popura
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Paladin still can cast Stoneskin which would make them a more ideal ST. Whilst the warrior with these changes seems to fit the role of a MT more. Will I choose one over the other? Hell no, I choose what my party needs as to what will benefit it the most. There is no more glaring disparity between the two classes where the group can make a unanimous decision on which is more superior.

Single tank fight? Get the Warrior to MT whilst the ST Paladin can focus on Stoneskining from time to time. Add wave fight with boss? Get Paladin to tank while the warrior can supply mitigation and get snap threat on wave adds while doing decent DPS on them in lieu of tanking. Though I do not like the changes of Warrior going mitigation based, the current changes puts each of them in a niche roles which is a good thing.
    (1)

Page 24 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast