Player
    Character
    Taneshima Popura
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by TirionCrey View Post
    Right...cause -10% slashing resistance is totally worthless all of a sudden.
    10% Slashing Resistance IS totally useless compared to even 5% damage reduction. We are here to tank and take less damage not do more damage. The increase damage is no longer current with the new IB change leech from 300% to 100% and I'd say this 50% Leech with damage reduction at 60 TP? Why the hell wouldn't you use it? And unless SE gets a bump up to 24 seconds the benefit is too short to even warrant it being in rotation.

5% is cutting it low, they might even put it at -10% Damage reduction which applies to both magic and physical making it stronger than Rage of Halone debuff. even considering the lowest debuff time of 10-12s though I do believe they will make it 20s. This literally destroys SE utility unless you want the -50% healing which will make SE into a Warrior PvP-esque skill.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fiofel Zalalafell
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by TaneshimaPopura View Post
    -New Inner beast if scaled to a normal CD aka 20s duration vs CD. 3.5 Inner Beast will yield you a Rampart's worth of damage reduction, 3.5 Inner Beast takes 23+3 GCDs to attain aka 65s CD. It in itself is a more flexible and better CD than Rampart. New MT will be Warrior as it will be capable of Inner Beasting every Death Sentence. I forgot about infuriate too so this is safe to assume that you can get 26s -20% DMG every 65s.
    -Paladin now has a RnG mitigation aka Block vs Warriors Flat damage reduction. Only thing Paladin's have now above Warrior is Hallowed Ground. Unless Holmgang is sort of a Hallowed Ground effect then it will be too strong as the current CD is too short.
    But Paladin has Shield Oath which is 20% damage reduction the entire time. Where the Warrior has to work up to that 20% to have for a few seconds. I don't think this would make the Warrior overpowered, because he would need to Inner Beast before the attack, so the self-heal effect may not get used if WAR was topped off.

I suppose in Defiance, the Warrior would have an untraited Convalescence-like permabuff.
    (1)
    Last edited by Fiosha_Maureiba; 11-20-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sinbound Seraphim
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    They need to make steel cyclone and overpower be a skill chain for aoe threat imo. Take it off of using wrath to use. This will make it a more fun chain of events for warriors.
    I think holmagang is great. It gives us a oh crap button like paladins with a slightly different mechanic and one that really puts us at the brink of death lol.
    I still think they need to make Unchained a DPS stance rather than a skill. It is still completely worthless as an ability and will never be used while under defiance.
    I will agree that this feels a little overpowered for warriors and they should make a little change to foresight so that pallys can benefit while warriors get a boost to our defense as well. I would give this skill the 30% dmg reduced from vengeance and instead just improve the dmg dealt from vengeance so that when used with bloodbath it becomes a really nice HoT.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sileas Goode
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 51
    So.. With vengeance and IB changes, how long will the 20%+ dmg reduction up time for warriors be? If we equate defiance's +20% healing to shield oath's 20% damage mitigation and take that out of the equation, I mean.

I'm afraid I might just be unwarrantedly jelly as a pld but...yeah.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Meta Tron
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 75
    I still think Foresight should inherit Keen Flurry's effect, whereas the original Keen Flurry changes to "Reduces global cooldown by X for 10 seconds". This will simultaneously buff WAR's mitigation and each physical DPS job as a cross-class skill.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kenpachi Exaltin
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    I am happy with most of the changes but the main issue that I feel we have is how long it takes us to build wrath. My only suggestion to the list as it does look great as is, would be to keep the threat generated that Overpower does as is but have it generate wrath for us when defiance is up as well. This would help with us generating wrath in more than just 1 way, especially for periods where there are lots of adds. We sometimes have issues when we cannot generate wrath due to us having to spam Overpower. Is this something that can be done instead?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Surian Bedivere
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Certainly not happy about these "buffs" in the slightest.

It basicly comes down to me that Warrior has a permanent +20% HP healed and +25% total HP now with IMMENSE enmity generating options and the same defensive damage reduction/immunity buffs that a Paladin has, while being able to unleash it's most devastating attacks now without worry, completely obliterating anything Paladin can do. While damage output was limited before all this to how much risk you wanted to run by losing your curing buff, as it should have been, Warrior now has a best of both worlds kind of thing going for it.

All the goodies, none of the downsides.

Superior HP, Superior Damage Output, Superior Crit Rate, Superior Curing, Equal if not better damage reduction from abilities, Equal damage immunity as PLD, oh right, and i almost forgot about Warrior now also having IMMENSE increased Enmity Generation on all its abilities.

This isnt "fixing" warrior, this is "ruining" tanking entirely for everything else.
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Tirion Crey
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiosha_Maureiba View Post
    But Paladin has Shield Oath which is 20% damage reduction the entire time. Where the Warrior has to work up to that 20% to have for a few seconds. I don't think this would make the Warrior overpowered, because he would need to Inner Beast before the attack, so the self-heal effect may not get used if WAR was topped off.

I suppose in Defiance, the Warrior would have an untraited Convalescence-like permabuff.
    Let's ignore that he has a higher base HP to make up for that completely I guess?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Drako
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by TirionCrey View Post
    If these changes make it into 2.1 as stated here...WAR will be the new go-to tank.

I totally support the buffs in general for WAR...but this list is just OP xD
    To even think this "balances" things out is ridiculous...this puts WAR way ahead of PLD easily lol
    As someone who plays Both PLD and WAR for END Game, I dont think these improvements are OP at all. IMO, these changes only make the 2 tanks Balanced. Both Can now do the job but each will still have things to bring to the party.

Changes to Defiance make it more inline with Sheild Oath because the -20% mitigation is always up without sacarfice .
    Changes to Vegeance makes it more in line with PLD untraited Sentinal. PLD will still have 10% more because enhance sentinal mitigates 40%.
    Changes to Holmgang (Depending how long you'll be un-killable) makes it similair Hallow Ground, but Hallow Ground will still be better because you take no damage with Hallow.
    Changes to Storm Path (Much Needed) makes it comparable to Rage of Halone Debuff.

There will still be reason to bring either tank because they both have utility that may be needed.

For Example:

PLD will still be needed for Battles like Ifrit where they can Stun on demand. PLD Mitigation still will be superior but with WAR HP they will be more balanced.

Wars will be Better AoE Tank's, and They will be needed for Fights where Party needs Debuff ( -10% Slashing resistence, -50% Healing Debuff)

So if SE does this right, the best party will have a PLD and WAR, just like the way SCH and WHM are best for raids.
    (24)

Player
    Character
    Dalek Codex
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by TaneshimaPopura View Post
    10% Slashing Resistance IS totally useless compared to even 5% damage reduction. We are here to tank and take less damage not do more damage. The increase damage is no longer current with the new IB change leech from 300% to 100% and I'd say this 50% Leech with damage reduction at 60 TP? Why the hell wouldn't you use it? And unless SE gets a bump up to 24 seconds the benefit is too short to even warrant it being in rotation.

5% is cutting it low, they might even put it at -10% Damage reduction which applies to both magic and physical making it stronger than Rage of Halone debuff. even considering the lowest debuff time of 10-12s though I do believe they will make it 20s. This literally destroys SE utility unless you want the -50% healing which will make SE into a Warrior PvP-esque skill.
    Meh, people will still find some uses for SE. For example, I would imaging that an OT War could toss both SE and SP on a boss that a PAL is tanking just to assist them when possible.
    (1)
    Always remember the Silver Rule:
    "Treat others as they treat you!" ...or something like that.

Page 16 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast