Player
    Character
    Ryios Locke
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 68

Enmity Idea

How bout giving bards a Misdirection ability. An ability that can be cast on an ally that causes all of their enmity to be redirected to the ally.

E.g. Bard Cast Misdirection on Paladin, Bard AOES trash back of 8 mobs immediately after.

I've seen the ability in other games and think it would be pretty sweet if we got one in this game. It would make things drastically more manageable.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jayvir Deforte
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I think I remember something like this existing in 1.0 but can't remember what it was called. Honestly though, I think Black Mages are the bigger issue when it comes to enmity IMO. It's never a Bard that pulls off of me.
    (0)

Character
    Haru Degurechaff
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 65
    Sneak attack trick attack ftw. Where's thief lol.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Talion Dracht
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Hello,

I'd like to voice a few concerns about this.

First, what if people use this ability incorrectly? A DD using this on a healer or another DD would more than likely get them killed. You are giving Bards a lot of power, and I can see this not only being misused, but misused on purpose at times to "stick it to the guy who made you mad".

Also, given that this would dump all aggro off of you and onto another it would have to have a decent cooldown, and not something you could use often. If spammable they'd never take damage, they'd just keep dumping aggro off themselves and roll through without a scratch. I hear a DD in FFXI could do just that, using shadows or something..

Last, the effect of increased aggro on the tank would definitely be something you would have to warn them about, but then again if you are a good tank it might not matter, up to the tank.

It's an interesting idea, might be a good addition.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ryios Locke
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 68
    Brd was an example. They could give this ability to the tanks so the tank can cast it on whoever they want and that persons next ability will have it's enmity redirected to the tank. Then it would be the tanks choice to use it and only possible for the enmity to be on the tank.

I am referring to Hunter's in world of warcraft. We had a shot called "Misdirection" we could cast on whoever we want and our next ability would make the boss think it came from that person. It worked awesome on Big trash packs with volley. But from a single target perspective, it was irrelevant and not worth much.

Again though, it doesn't have to be brd's. I just think an ability like this should exist to help redirect adds to tanks on complex fights like turn 4 bcb. The game is doable the way it is, but it would be a nice added utility ability.

Imagine what this would do for WHM's who need to get off a Medica II in an emergency without pulling agro.
    (2)
    Last edited by Ryios; 10-30-2013 at 07:39 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sylkis Tea
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Warriors in 1.0 had this ability. The war casts it on a party member and their next WS or spell transfers half of the hate to the war.
    It was only used to initiate fights or for speed running when hate is a problem, because of the amount of coordination required (mid fight) it was rarely worth the time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Acrophes Lockehart
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I personally think that this is a bad idea.

Enmity control is a group/team effort and is the responsibility of everybody in the party.

Having a WHM being able to fire off a Medica II or a DPS firing off a spell or ability without any enmity repercussions would negate the necessity of everybody knowing & doing their job in respect to their enmity generation compared to the tanks. And as such I don't think giving the tank that ability is a good idea either for the same reasons.

And FYI, the DD in FF XI that had a misdirection ability of sorts was a Theif. They had a combination of Sneak Attack (crit damage to a mob facing away from them) and Trick Attack (misdirecting the enmity to the character they were standing behind). The move was coined SATA and would only work if the THF & the character to get the enmity were both standing behind the mob.
    (0)