Player
    Character
    Michere Nggy
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 14

Dyeing?

Can someone teach me how to dye a gear in game?

I m aware dye can only be crafted by alchemist at lv30.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Niytshade Aldecia
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Actually dyes can be crafted by every craft at level 30, I am a weaver level 38 and I can make all dye colors. There is quest you do to learn the ability to dye items, I only know of it being in the same village as the headquarters of the Scions in the Ul'dah area, the name escapes me but they are a rainbow dressed NPC and they ask you to bring them orange juice, which you can buy from an NPC in the main cities, when you turn in the juice they teach you the ability to dye
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Inari Silverfox
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    It's a quest in Vesper Bay, in Western Thanalan. You trade an orange juice to someone, and then acquire the Dye ability. He gives you a handful of sample dyes, others can be purchased from NPCs in towns. Still others, as you said, are crafted.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Michere Nggy
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 14
    Oh so does this mean the quest can only be taken at lv30?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lillia Hope
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 88
    Dye quest can be taken at lvl 15.

Dye quest
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Carn Astrael
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 77
    Yes it is fun, just get the orange juice in the market in Uldah first,...it is on the left as you head to the left of the Adventure gulid in the market area. Be careful some of the dyes look dumb on some things, i tried dying some armour and esp the legs looks like plastic robot toys, so you will want to have plenty of Terebith (sp) which is the reagent that removes dyes. You can buy dyes from all three main cities, there is a dye merchant in each, the one in Gridania is called a Tinker I belive and is to the left as you enter the market area again from the front entrance over there. have fun it is nice, btw, the white dye you buy is cream the real white white has to be crafted or bought on the market.
    (0)
    ディレクターとリード管理
    3Dワールド、ゲーム開発者グループLinkedInの
    "我々は世界を構築する"

Director and Lead Adnim
    3D World and Game Developers Group
    "We Build Worlds"

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by CrisGer View Post
    Be careful some of the dyes look dumb on some things, i tried dying some armour and esp the legs looks like plastic robot toys, so you will want to have plenty of Terebith (sp) which is the reagent that removes dyes.
    The dye tends to work pretty well on fabric or leather (though occasionally I wish it would color a different part of the armour). The bigger problem is that a lot of metalic armour seems to lose its metalic look when it's dyed (hence that plastic toy effect). So yeah, gladiators and marauders in particular are going to want a supply of Terebinth to restore the natural metalic look on any gear that doesn't dye well. It's not as big an issue for other classes with less metal in their gear.

Quote Originally Posted by CrisGer View Post
    btw, the white dye you buy is cream the real white white has to be crafted or bought on the market.
    Black dye is another that has to be crafted (or bought from someone who crafted it), but Ink Blue is a pretty close approximation which can be bought from the NPC traders. In most lighting conditions, that ends up looking black.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Carn Astrael
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 77
    ah i didnt know that about black, My gladiator is not sure yet what she wants to wear so is focusing on her levelling up but it is always helpful to know more. I was just excited when i got my first set of heavy armour but when we dyed it it looked like a Gundam Mecha so we undyed it asap. thanks again.

The dye works very well with the Cowl that can come to you in a rather unhappy yellow, the cream looks very nice and i have seen greens that look great too. I know it may seem silly to worry about but a girl does care about her appearance.
    (0)
    ディレクターとリード管理
    3Dワールド、ゲーム開発者グループLinkedInの
    "我々は世界を構築する"

Director and Lead Adnim
    3D World and Game Developers Group
    "We Build Worlds"

Player
    Character
    Gafgarion Lakshmi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Anyone have a link to a site that shows the color of every dye on a piece of armor?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    M'ete'leskum B'leskum
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast