Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Mide Uyagir
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    As someone with a plethora of alts, I support this.

The anti-RMT benefits are negligible. Every other MMO I play or have played allowed mailing between characters on the same account and nothing bad came of it. It's basic quality of life stuff like this that ARR doesn't have that makes the game such a pain sometimes...
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Lapsed Pacifist
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryios View Post
    With two retainers with 8 bag slots and the ability to store 10,000 * 3 of each shard type. I haven't come up with a reason to need an alt yet. But I don't have tons of crafters to 50 so I don't know. But why to you need to mule stuff with as much space as this game gives us?

Housing will likely solve the problem by allowing us to store stuff in furniture but it won't be out for a long time.
    Just wait until you actually craft and gather, then come back to us.

My crafters/gatherers are only in their teens/twenties, and my bags are mostly full, my two retainers are full, and I am using up 2 of my FC's 3 container tabs. I have therefore leveled an alt character to 15 for more bag/retainer space, and that is starting to fill up fast. BTW, the only ways currently to move items and crafting mats between alts is through FC storage or via trustworthy friends.

The crafting mat situation in this game is nutz.

Finally, housing won't help. Yoshi stated a week ago that housing in 2.1 will be FC only (not personal), and will contain no storage space. He further said not to expect housing storage in the future, though the door is not totally closed.
    (3)
    Last edited by Zakalwe; 10-29-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lapsed Pacifist
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    As I wrote, I'm leveling crafts and have no space issues. I buy or gather what I need, and craft til I use it up. It's not that hard.
    My experience is the opposite, and I only keep mats I use. But then, I am trying to level up all crafts together.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sup Mang
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Basically, the only other elegant work around is to pay another $15/mo giving you 8 mule alts (with 2 retainers each) and also allowing you to mail stuff to your other characters on your primary account by mailing to alts and then back again, giving you a total of 32 retainers at your disposal and 640 total market slots.

That's... Kinda overkill. We shouldn't have to do that.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Denevieve Nebilim
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxam View Post
    Yes this needs to be addressed immediately. I only have 2 handjobs and working on a 3rd and I'm already down to my last two tabs on my second retainer.
    Lmao gosh..
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Sup Mang
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Still... Working... On that 3rd... Unf...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Schelle Sommers
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 28
    In a nutshell, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever that a person leveling 14-19 classes has the exact same inventory space as a person leveling just one or two.

My suggestion: once you level another class to level 10+, you have the option to hire a third Retainer (let's call her Spacy). Spacy is for inventory ONLY (s/he cannot go to Market). Spacy has 1 page (25 spaces). Every time you level another class to 10, you may purchase another page (25 spaces) for Spacy. Thus, if you have all 19 classes at a minimum of level 10 each, Spacy will provide you with an additional 450 spaces (25 spaces x 18 classes, over and above your initial class).

While this is not an ideal solution to the inventory management issues presented in XIV (quite frankly, the whole system is in need of a complete overhaul, in my opinion), I think it could be implemented with the least amount of disruption to the current Retainer-based model.
    (4)

Player

For someone leveling a lot of stuff at once I ran out of room quick. I found myself getting rid of lots of stuff I may need later for crafting, because I have no room. The thing is mat drops are horrible and take forever to farm for them. Ok I hate killing the same mob over and over and over for something.

We need more inventory room or something. In most games people could make alts and send extra stuff to them (I did this all the time), but here the space is very limited. I don't have an ideal answer, but I hope someone does.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Hermennes Cletrindale
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 15
    It'd be better to have a retainer that you can store items account-wide.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ksenia Solo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Pointed out, getting beast mats is a righteous pain no matter what level you are at. Crab legs for the Alch making crab oil for the blacksmith making steel spears. Lv. 10 Crabs and you can one shot blap them for 4 hours to get enough oil for two or three turn in's. Compound grind because you also need 20 other things from bomb as to 4 different shards to Iron to wood to leather. It only gets better. 2 hours of Giant buffalo. I murdered a herd to get 12 Night milk but I got loads of meat I don't need because I checked the recipes that use it and if I keep it I am now adding 30 new ingredients to my inventory. Better to trash it and save myself additional nightmares.
    (0)

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast