Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Fear Cules
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 51
    My bag space is a huge problem for me. I just resubbed yesterday thinking I was gonna lvl the rest of my crafts up, after I logged on I remembered why I didn't do that before I quit. Both retainers full and a full inv. A lot of it is mats that I don't need yet, but they don't sell and I don't want to vendor them only to buy them later. Really itching to lvl cooking and fishing but there is no way i have the inv room to bother.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Blackiron Tarkus
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Yes this needs to be addressed immediately. I only have 2 handjobs and working on a 3rd and I'm already down to my last two tabs on my second retainer.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Darkstar Poet
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 60
    i've said it before, but it's a stance i still feel is correct. if they won't let us trade items to our own characters on our own server then they need to allow us to purchase additional retainers for even $2 each. i'd gladly pay for 3 additional retainers(even if they can't sell on the market wards) for the storage space and drop my free alt. i mean what's the point of a free alt if you can't share the items you earned yourself if it's on the same server? it's an outdated idea and horrible planning.

yes, i know there's a workaround, but a workaround for a horrible system is still a horrible system and a workaround that should never be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxam View Post
    Yes this needs to be addressed immediately. I only have 2 handjobs and working on a 3rd and I'm already down to my last two tabs on my second retainer.
    it gets much worse. just wait until you have all crafting, gathering, dow, and dom capped. then add into the fact of making the 2* items. you do NOT just vendor or sell the items for those when it takes tomes to get a nice percentage of the materials and unspoiled nodes for the other part of them.
    (2)
    Last edited by darkstarpoet1; 10-29-2013 at 05:36 AM.

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Nobody should ever need to mule in this game as it stands right now. If you need to, you're keeping way, way too much junk that you could just throw away, sell, or trade in for company seals.

If you REALLY have to, you can use a Free Company chest to move items between characters, just add both characters to the company and use the chest to move items between them.

I'm working on leveling multiple crafts plus one at 50, 4 lv50 jobs and all my stuff fits on one retainer and my inventory- even then, I have a lot of junk, mostly cooking materials, that I can get rid of. People keep way too much stuff. Only buy / gather what you're going to use when crafting and you'll need a fraction of the space.

yes, i know there's a workaround, but a workaround for a horrible system is still a horrible system and a workaround that should never be needed.
    muling itself is what should never be needed, I'm still unable to picture how people are using all this space.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 10-29-2013 at 06:22 AM.

Player
    Character
    T'zima Narki
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 52
    Yeah culinary is a huge space waste for me too. So much of the food has like 8 different ingredients and takes mass amounts of crystals just to make one meal that lasts for 30 mins lol. My cul is at 39 (me thinks) and one of my retainers has about 10 empty slots left and only holds food items. Weaver is 43 and barely uses two tabs lol. I'm getting to the point of only keeping hq mats but some of the reg quality low level botany items sell real nice. Dam fish take up so much space, I'm afriad to throw any out in case I need em for supply quests lol. All in all it's a game of micro managing (which I really like) and it probably does put a dent in the rmt's so I'm cool with it all so far : D
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sup Mang
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Nobody should ever need to mule in this game as it stands right now. If you need to, you're keeping way, way too much junk that you could just throw away, sell, or trade in for company seals.
    Your post is kinda egocentric. Your own situation didn't require a lot of bag space, but I'm currently only sub-20 on my hand jobs (lmao) and I'm getting closer and closer to maxing out every day. Of course people can 'cure' their inventory ills by selling everything, but maybe we want to level crafts? Also culinarians are proven to have stupid amounts of inventory strains on principle, now imagine said culinarians also leveling up all of their DoH jobs and you have a huge mess on your hands.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Claudia Sinclair
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    I agree, it is ridiculous that we can't mail things to our own characters. It seems very heavy handed as an anti-RMT measure! I'm pretty sure RMT's generally have more than one account, unlike the average player. And other MMO's (such as SWTOR, which I played before it went F2P) can let me send stuff between characters just fine.

For me, it isn't even just about storage. I just like the idea of playing a second character sometimes, and it sure would be nice if I could send things for my alt to use. I'm not talking about bound items or endgame stuff here, just crafted stuff I make or fun things like pets.

Yes, yes, I know, I don't need more than one character. But this is a matter of fun, not a matter of need.
    (4)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Your post is kinda egocentric. Your own situation didn't require a lot of bag space, but I'm currently only sub-20 on my hand jobs (lmao) and I'm getting closer and closer to maxing out every day. Of course people can 'cure' their inventory ills by selling everything, but maybe we want to level crafts?
    As I wrote, I'm leveling crafts and have no space issues. I buy or gather what I need, and craft til I use it up. It's not that hard.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Darkstar Poet
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    As I wrote, I'm leveling crafts and have no space issues. I buy or gather what I need, and craft til I use it up. It's not that hard.
    leveling crafts =/= leveled crafts and have materials used daily/weekly.

with all those sub 10 classes it's pretty easy to have zero inventory issues. you CAN'T create the things that require expensive materials. it's much easier to buy and sell off hempen yarns and cloth than it is to get rid of rosegold, darksteel, twinthread, dd foods, mage foods, poitons, and other high level items.
    (6)

http://crystalknights.guildwork.com/

Player
    Character
    Ava Adore
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 70
    heh. I'm currently working on alchemist and culinarian, and while I try to level these two jobs I also craft things for LS mates. how the hell can anyone think I would NOT run out of inventory/retainer space?

sure, sure, I could always just farm the stuff that I need at that exact moment, but why the hell SHOULD I?? I mean, seriously, when the stuff I need for leveling culinarian is growing in the same area as the stuff I need for making pots for friends, of course I don't want to constantly jump back and forth between gridania/limsa/ul'dah.

that is quite obviously what I'm doing right now, but fun this is not. at all. and I don't even want to THINK about leveling up another DoH at this time. (thankfully I at least started not 'leveling ahead' so I always have my botanist level up by gathering the stuff I need for alchemy, and I get my ores from a mining friend)

edit:
    a while ago I actually had a nightmare about this game and crafting:
    I dreamt we dealt with the inventory space of FFXI. lol
    (3)

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast