Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sinth Reborn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlebeard View Post
    It's kind of you to take the time to post and bump the topic.
    No problem, that is why I said "Oh look, this thread again." instead of "Not this thread again.". The longer it stays on the front page the less likely I'll see more copies of this same post, so I can simply hide it and move along.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tikaura Felonis
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 44
    No. Not interested in this. Not even a little bit. Raising the XP in dungeons is not going to fix the problem (mainly empty duty finder). People will still grind FATEs because it is, and will always be easier than dungeon runs. 15-50+ poeple flailing about madly, 30 sec - 1.5 minutes can net upwards of 30k xp. THIS is what is broken. Dungeons are fine.

The XP sources that need adjusting are:

1) Levequests - The XP on these need to be brought in line with xp rewards from regular quests.
    2) FATE's - The XP reward on these is just retarded. Needs to be bashed down a bit, by as much as 50% in some cases. (I have other ideas for FATE's but that's not important here).
    3) Guildhests - After first run, these are useless for XP. The first time bonus should be for each class and a weekly non-stacking 1st time bonus for the character regardless of class.

There are adjustments that need to be made to dungeons, but these have nothing to do with XP.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vali Bergthora
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Already confirmed for 2.1.

Should really do your research before posting/dragging a thread along.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yagrush Dire
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by BlossomRose View Post

That's good to know. Could you, per chance, lead me to the source of this? I didn't realize it was confirmed already.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kahn Meido
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    In agreement 100% with a boost to dungeon xp. FATES should not be the end all to the leveling process and I actually like the dungeons; especially 35+. They ramp up in difficulty quite a bit and would offer some experience to people that just spam their one aoe (or flash) and completely miss out on the intricacies of their class because....BAM you're 50 but you never actually took the time or had incentive to learn in it a challenging group setting. It would be nice to not have to muddle through derpsicles constantly to get extra relics or anything accomplished for that matter. This isn't really an issue as most FCs can pre make anything. Let's be honest. FATES give a ridiculous amount of seals so it's not like people will ever stop doing them but dungeoning should definitely be on par to FATES in the leveling process; not 100% useless in comparison.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Talim Amariyo
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by BlossomRose View Post

Would be nice of you to, y'know, provide a source for this confirmation. Because all I've seen is speculation, and certainly nothing concrete from a developer or CM on the issue.

Patch 2.1 will have a Random Daily Dungeon feature with increased rewards once per day, that much has been confirmed, but that is not what the OP and others have been asking for.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rand Al'thor
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I would say reduce FATE xp so that its more aligned to dungeons...its already extremely easy to get to 50 through FATES. The last thing I would want to see is yet another extremely easy way to 50.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vali Bergthora
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    It was in one of the live letters, specifically the one that talked about 2.1 more in-depth, but not the Q&A that talked about housing mostly.

Sorry but I don't actually have a hour to put into researching something I remember crystal clear is being addressed because I too had that complaint.
    (1)

Greetings,

As was mentioned during the Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX, we'll be introducing a feature for the Duty Finder in patch 2.1 that will place you in a random dungeon in order to get people participating in a wider variety of dungeons.

Specifically, we will be breaking down dungeon content into different categories such as leveling dungeons, level 50+ dungeons, and primal battles, and players will be matched for random content. You'll be able to challenge each category once every real-world day and as a reward you will receive each kind of Allagan tomestones. Participants will be matched with priority on content that is lacking members.

Also, in order to strike a proper balance between this plan and the experience points gained by participating in FATE, we will be increasing the amount of experience points gained in dungeons in patch 2.1.
    (177)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Serah Farron
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Also, in order to strike a proper balance between this plan and the experience points gained by participating in FATE, we will be increasing the amount of experience points gained in dungeons in patch 2.1.
    That's awesome.
    (16)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast