Player
    Character
    Duuude Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by aswedishtiger View Post
    kind of a dumb way to obtain the bardings. so you have to respec twice just to gain all of them? why not just make them rare drops that require grinding, why not make them part of a very involved
    Thing is, I don't think its confirmed you earn em with a respec, merely that they are only active while you are rank 10 whatever.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Galand View Post
    That dosnt help the fact that there are only 3 job bardings for the birds, and what 8 different jobs? Why would I want to be on a WHM mount when my main is a PLD?
    Because your chocobo IS a healer in this case?

It makes sense, and it's cool by me.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ryios Locke
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 68
    I don't even use my chocobo. There a pita to have out in fates, their a pita to have out when you want to que for a dungeon, and you don't really need them. There is nothing you need to solo that is hard enough to warrant needing to summon the chocobo.

I mean is there a legit use for them?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lynx O'
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I would like some confirmation on this. Do you really have to get your Choco to Lv10? I mean, it kind of make sense.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Duuude Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by SoopaMan2K View Post
    I would like some confirmation on this. Do you really have to get your Choco to Lv10? I mean, it kind of make sense.
    Yes, a guy on pads a week or so ago posted pics of someone with the tank barding, was a rank 10 tank spec to earn.

sorry, I didn't save the link.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arthur Lightheart
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Duuude007 View Post
    Yes, a guy on pads a week or so ago posted pics of someone with the tank barding, was a rank 10 tank spec to earn.

sorry, I didn't save the link.
    that would be me posting the tank barding which was posted by another guy in the forums which i posted in pads.. lol!

I think i saw somewhere before that if you change GC you can get a new Chocobo? not sure though cant remember well im raising
    the dps tree for my chocobo but would really want the tank barding though T.T
    (1)
    Last edited by ken00; 10-28-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Player
    Character
    Celenir Istarkh
    World
    Atomos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I don't have a problem with the barding tied to spec. I think it's great. I don't want WHM barding chocoboes running around with 10D spec. That's just chaos.

However, such a rigid system needs complementary systems. In particular:
    1. Chocobo re-spec on par with player character re-spec
    2. Multiple chocobos perhaps tied to housing, have to return to change chocobos
    3. more hybrid bardings

I'd actually love to see a free-slot skill chocobo system rather than skills tied to ranks. So we can have things like:
    • 8 slots of combat skills, 1 slot for bag expansion skill, 1 slot for crafter buff aura
    • 3 slots of crafter buff aura (control, craftsmanship, CP) will activate the crafter barding
    • 3 slots of gatherer buff aura will activate the caravan barding
    • having at least 1 combat, 1 bag expansion, 1 gatherer, 1 crafter aura will activate a special adventurer's barding
    • other combinations for special bardings that makes sense
    But that's perhaps asking for too much. :3
    (3)
    “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

Player
    Character
    Ulath Skullsplitter
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Iskander View Post
    So from this pic the only one missing is the BLM barding. My guess is there was originally supposed to be a 4th skill tree for chocobos. A BLM like offensive caster but it got removed for some reason. Maybe it was too OP or something. I know since they cant hold hate it would have been nice to have a chocobo that could stand back and cast spells.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Pharzyr Catro
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by CatofNineTails View Post

yes its a fantasy game but why do designers who obviously put a ton of time into the designs make such retarded errors when it comes to armor?

inb4: but womens armor always leaves 80% bare skin for show (this is no better)
    Sadly because it "looks cool." In video games rule of cool > Practicality. People always argue "This isn't real life." but I love me some believability. It's something I can overlook because gaming is saturated with it but to me practicality IS cool. Despite how much we've disagreed in the past. I agree with you on this one. Still, chocobos are supposed to be magical birds so.. Also I am curious where the rest of the barding is?
    (0)
    Last edited by Reslin; 10-28-2013 at 11:19 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ymylee Twistfate
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 36
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephirah View Post

Thanks for the pic. It's not bad...I still like the tank one better tho.
    (0)
    Douleur Peur Mort

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast